Silly Season 2020

Sounds like a smart move by JGR. This is a business.

Not like SHR hasn't made shrewd moves to improve their team.

Funny, someone on here DOES have inside information (Allen) and worked very closely with Furniture Row. His comments on the matter were very clear.
Yeah? Allen who ever has more knowledge then Visser? This is comical.

What? You have got to be kidding me? Tell Allen who ever to produce facts. Hes got nothing but speculation on something he heard. Also explain losing 5 hour energy and Vissers health and its relation to him closing the doors. Ive got friends in JGR and FRR. Social media is a joke, damn.

Tell you what, I'll call him out right now, Allenbaba tell us who you worked with and know in FRR and how you know Visser quit because of the price of the alliance. I'll wait......

Tell you what, I'll call him out right now, Allenbaba tell us who you worked with and know in FRR and how you know Visser quit because of the price of the alliance. I'll wait......

He has a profile here

Alenbaba has been truthful on many rumors that were floating around. Who you got a friend of a friend? There also was a poster who knew someone who worked there saying the same thing. You believe what Barney said..in public.

Alenbaba has been truthful on many rumors that were floating around. Who you got a friend of a friend? There also was a poster who knew someone who worked there saying the same thing. You believe what Barney said..in public.
I dont have a "friend of a friend" Ive got people who work with JGR and the Former FRR

What? You have got to be kidding me? Tell Allen who ever to produce facts. Hes got nothing but speculation on something he heard. Also explain losing 5 hour energy and Vissers health and its relation to him closing the doors. Ive got friends in JGR and FRR. Social media is a joke, damn.

It's not my concern to defend his credentials. Everyone can decide on their own what to believe. My opinion is that it was a complex situation with many moving parts. All of the factors you brought up contributed to the outcome, as did JGR's actions. I find the denial that JGR had some sway in the matter to be wishful thinking. But I also believe that Visser was ready to be done given the state of the business.

It's not my concern to defend his credentials. Everyone can decide on their own what to believe. My opinion is that it was a complex situation with many moving parts. All of the factors you brought up contributed to the outcome, as did JGR's actions. I find the denial that JGR had some sway in the matter to be wishful thinking. But I also believe that Visser was ready to be done given the state of the business.
Ok, then what "sway" did Gibbs have? The "alliance"? Thats been addressed by Visser already.

personally I see a pattern. It started with Kenseth and the B.S. there, and again when they were trying to fix the Indy race and it blew up in their face, and they pulled a chicken**** move jacking with Truex's crewmen, and then a team they promise the world too, goes from a backmarker Chevy team to a couple cars and can't fade a sponsor leaving? Everybody else pretty much has..something else happened.

So we got a bunch of arguing where one guy won't name his sources and the other guy hasn't posted in months?

Seems legit

yeah really. You have been saying this in that calling us lairs basically. BTW you weren't around here then besides. Lets hear from your guys.
Your hard on for Toyota is clouding your judgment. I never called you a liar, never.

Your hard on for Toyota is clouding your judgment. I never called you a liar, never.
you've implied it. ya missed the basicailly part. i don't have any problem with my judgement I found Allenbaba very credible..some around here? not so much.

you've implied it. ya missed the basicailly part. i don't have any problem with my judgement I found Allenbaba very credible..some around here? not so much.
You and I have been pretty much in agreement with everything going on in here now I called you a liar? Come on man

If you knew that he worked in the Nascar industry and almost lost his job because one of his posts went viral, you wouldn't be trying so hard to discredit the man

If you knew that he worked in the Nascar industry and almost lost his job because one of his posts went viral, you wouldn't be trying so hard to discredit the man
Right , he wouldnt . Just like me bringing my friends in to it.

yep Jones is running Kenseth's old sponsors mostly..the ones ol Joe said sponsorship was a problem to keep Kenseth with.

Sponsorship was an issue with Matt's asking price. Those same sponsors were fine for the lower priced Jones. You are much, much smarter than this.

Nothing you posted disproves the fact that Joe dropped a huge bomb on FRR.

The fact that Visser is giving you business speak to indicate he was in negotiations to save his team from a huge increase in alliance cost sprung on FRR by Joe, while losing significant revenue from a sponsor -- is the point.

When push came to shove -- FRR's "alliance" partner dropped the bomb. Pure and simple.

Now, the buzz about LFR is just an exercise in mediocrity. Don't beat the mothership and/or grab the Cup Championship, or Holy Joe will destroy his alliance-mate under the guise that it re-evaluated their "contribution" and hands them a huge increase in alliance cost.

Like the pit road exchange at Homestead last year, or the Adam Stevens fiasco that backfired on JGR as they lost control of the FRR pitcrew -- Holy Joe's unethical style was exposed and it didn't work in either case. His huge increase in alliance cost on a successful alliance partner is more of the same.

This wreaks of corruption as LFR's competitiveness is manipulated by JGR. Why not? JGR torpedoed a Cup Championship team.

LFR is just a JGR minion.

Find me one....just one...article, interview, blog, tweet.....anything that supports the idiotic hate narrative toward Coach. Please, find me one outside of this mess of a forum.

did you happen to have inside information on the 78 and Visser closing up shop? I dont know maybe you dealt with them, if so I am sure you cant say here but you seem pretty sure of those dealings that went down last year with them closing up shop.

It is conceivable that there are members who do have inside information, but choose not to spew it here, right? So, it is conceivable that there is a counter-perspective to the stupid hate narrative, but one's professional ethics keep one from getting into arguments here, right? Maybe, just maybe, somebody with inside information sits here and laughs at all of this crap.

Sponsorship was an issue with Matt's asking price. Those same sponsors were fine for the lower priced Jones. You are much, much smarter than this.
Didn't seem to matter with Truex and Suarez who was heavily sponsored..No dude, I don't have my head stuck up the Gibbs Toyota tail pipe sucking exhaust fumes. Still laughing at the we're getting 8 cars David sez story.

If Furniture Row shuttered because of lack of funding, why did Truex suddenly pick up a full season's sponsorship from Bass Pro and Auto Owners after he announced he was going to Gibbs? Seems like the price increase to stay with Gibbs made it so even the sponsorships couldn't keep them open.

Now that they have run Skoal off the forum their looking for another pony and dog show.

If Furniture Row shuttered because of lack of funding, why did Truex suddenly pick up a full season's sponsorship from Bass Pro and Auto Owners after he announced he was going to Gibbs? Seems like the price increase to stay with Gibbs made it so even the sponsorships couldn't keep them open.

Bass Pro/5HE split car went from 30 races with 16 featured hood races/14 QP to 24 full races now with JGR... and Auto Owners stayed the same. So overall I'm not sure how much of a difference there is.

Didn't seem to matter with Truex and Suarez who was heavily sponsored..No dude, I don't have my head stuck up the Gibbs Toyota tail pipe sucking exhaust fumes. Still laughing at the we're getting 8 cars David sez story.

Matt wasn't taking a pay cut, and you had the future ready to sign. No brainer. Roush dumped Matt, and I haven't you anything from you on that. Whatever. Watch the Toyota car counts. Just watch. You hate Toyota and make up narratives to support your hate. Many fans do, but there is a point where reality has to come into play....but maybe not here I guess.

Matt wasn't taking a pay cut, and you had the future ready to sign. No brainer. Roush dumped Matt, and I haven't you anything from you on that. Whatever. Watch the Toyota car counts. Just watch. You hate Toyota and make up narratives to support your hate. Many fans do, but there is a point where reality has to come into play....but maybe not here I guess.
Roush never dumped Matt. As far as I remember he left on his own and it seemed like jack wasn't very happy about it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, Jack didn't dump Matt so he could stick Ricky in the 17.

Maybe so with Jones because Matt demanded too much money and while a good driver wasn't the Matt from 2013.

Back
Top Bottom