Silly Season 2020

Good to hear.

A small team in need of money with TRD support. This may workout in Daniel's favor, I hope it does.

Sorry burrito fans, I'm hoping Suarez is the surprise team that regularly runs Top 15, Top 20. Hope he's not wasting his time when he could be a stud in Xfinity.

Sorry burrito fans, I'm hoping Suarez is the surprise team that regularly runs Top 15, Top 20. Hope he's not wasting his time when he could be a stud in Xfinity.
No reason that can't both be up there, but I give better odds to the guy in Penske's sister car who had better performance in the last half of '19.

Rutledge and Donuts -- nothing good could come from that combination...

I've lost faith in Suarez myself. He started at the top and has worked his way down to the bottom, Matt hasn't been to the top yet, but has worked his way up from the bottom so it is hard to compare, but they passed each other along the way.

I've lost faith in Suarez myself. He started at the top and has worked his way down to the bottom, Matt hasn't been to the top yet, but has worked his way up from the bottom so it is hard to compare, but they passed each other along the way.
I cannot argue with how many feel. JGR and SHR with nothing to show, but only one season with SHR. He was the worst out of SHR, but he improved a lot from his JGR days. His average finish went down in 18 at a 18.5, but went up two positions to 16.4.

He's shown so many flashes of potential its hard not to want to see him succeed. Haas was a good spot, but they could not let Custer sit out with the season he had in Xfinity. Daniel was honestly very consistent, but its not going to work with a top team in only being consistent.

Maybe moving to a smaller team, hopefully longer than a season or two, will help him. Also, GBR does not have a charter. Which sucks, but Daniel has the chops to get some solid finishes. The team is very small, but has TRD support, so maybe this can workout over time. I'm not expecting much next season from this operation to be completely honest.

No reason that can't both be up there, but I give better odds to the guy in Penske's sister car who had better performance in the last half of '19.

Yeah, I'd be shocked if the equipment is anywhere close to the same ballpark between the 96 and 21

Should have stayed with Klingerman IMO, probably the money wasn't there.

I'm starting to wonder if Toyota regards its non-Gibbs Cup cars as an intermediate level of developmental teams. It's like they're halfway between X and Cup, for drivers to prove they can 'move up' to Gibbs, the only team that Toyota really cares about.

I'm starting to wonder if Toyota regards its non-Gibbs Cup cars as an intermediate level of developmental teams.

If that IMO....but LFR is different of course. I would be curious to know what the deal is between GBR and TRD.....this might just be a simple discounted engine thing (older motor). If GBR pays for extra goodies, then so be it, but I doubt there is much going on there. Pure speculation here, but when TRIAD was forced out of the building business because of the spec crap in Trucks, I think that this left only TRD as a Toyota builder, and as such probably offers basic support unless GBR wants to pay more out of pocket which is unlikely for obvious reasons.

There is no question that TRD only cares about JGR and LFR. This has evolved into the business model. I don't think that GBR is even in the food chain as far as driver development. Having said all of that, I do think that when Daytona rolls around, they probably get some of those goodies for free so that Toyota can increase their car count for obvious reasons.

I don't know....Let's look at the resume.....Called to Cup too early, mediocre at best......Pretty much Logano before Penske, right?

No, they loved him plenty....he just isn't good enough to be with JGR. Still isn't. That's why he will be with GBR.
He obviously wasn't good enough for Gibbs. No problem, but remind me what Toyota did to keep Suarez in the family when JGR cut him. Did Toyota have anything to do with putting the GBR deal together? What evidence is there that Toyota loves Suarez?

Who in their right mind would put her in a cup car? She had a hard enough time just finishing a truck race, let alone being competitive.

I guess money talks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
There's a check that could have been used to buy a top-notch iRacing set-up. :D

No idea why that happened.

And now I do. Adam Stern’s Twitter account has apparently been suspended. Probably went off on a “commenter”.

Breaking News :D
What is her tie to that N29 anyways? Is it family money or something? I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to spend that kinda money to put her in a cup car.

What is her tie to that N29 anyways? Is it family money or something? I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to spend that kinda money to put her in a cup car.

Daytona pays well even for last, and if you know your costs, you can get sponsorship to make up the difference. She might be so slow that she misses the big ones and they hit the jackpot.

Daytona pays well even for last, and if you know your costs, you can get sponsorship to make up the difference. She might be so slow that she misses the big ones and they hit the jackpot.
I don't think that car has a charter, so she has to make the show first.

^ I blame Team Penske’s complete lack of communications skills.

She might be so slow that she misses the big ones and they hit the jackpot.

source.gif

That Adam Stern account was fake. Stern's actual account is verified.

No other larger beat reporters did not cover it.

Until that happens, I do not believe anyone this is true. Seems like someone had some fun with Photoshop to create something of shock value.

I don't know....Let's look at the resume.....Called to Cup too early, mediocre at best......Pretty much Logano before Penske, right?

Meh. Maybe if Suarez had run well with SHR last year, but he didn't, so I have a hard time thinking he's the next Logano.

Apparently they didn't love him enough to find him a ride when Gibbs cut him.

Well, he landed on his feet with SHR, which was a much better opportunity than anything Gibbs/Toyota could have helped him find.

Sadly Daniel doesn't have time on his side. These guys getting in now are in their early 20s and landing stud rides. I think he has the talent to become like Jamie Mac or Menard but no better than that.

He obviously wasn't good enough for Gibbs. No problem, but remind me what Toyota did to keep Suarez in the family when JGR cut him. Did Toyota have anything to do with putting the GBR deal together? What evidence is there that Toyota loves Suarez?

That's the funny thing about the way people see Toyota. They can love a driver, and want him in a Toyota, but they aren't sponsoring cars (well, kind of, maybe a little). If the dude hasn't performed (Daniel didn't), and there is somebody currently better available (MTJ), he will be gone. The expectations that some have for what Toyota can and will do exceeds reality. What did Chevy do to keep Harvick? There is a point where if a guy is going, he is going and or has to go. I mean, this is the same model as everybody else. Evidence of Toyota's love of Daniel is evidenced in his entry to the sport originally, and yeah, where there is a Toyota, there is TRD as far a GBR if this thing even evolves. I am sure there is at least one poster who will jump all over how involved Toyota is in funding a driver.....yeah, this is very true, and until Ford got going probably exceeds that of the other manufacturers, but nowhere near funding entire seasons. Imagine how attractive a driver is if Toyota can offset a part of what it costs to run a season and/or facilitate a sponsor taking a project on like 5 Hour did with Erik.

That's the funny thing about the way people see Toyota. They can love a driver, and want him in a Toyota, but they aren't sponsoring cars (well, kind of, maybe a little). If the dude hasn't performed (Daniel didn't), and there is somebody currently better available (MTJ), he will be gone. The expectations that some have for what Toyota can and will do exceeds reality. What did Chevy do to keep Harvick? There is a point where if a guy is going, he is going and or has to go. I mean, this is the same model as everybody else. Evidence of Toyota's love of Daniel is evidenced in his entry to the sport originally, and yeah, where there is a Toyota, there is TRD as far a GBR if this thing even evolves. I am sure there is at least one poster who will jump all over how involved Toyota is in funding a driver.....yeah, this is very true, and until Ford got going probably exceeds that of the other manufacturers, but nowhere near funding entire seasons. Imagine how attractive a driver is if Toyota can offset a part of what it costs to run a season and/or facilitate a sponsor taking a project on like 5 Hour did with Erik.

Kasey Kahne underperformed at Hendrick for six freakin' years before Rick finally fired him. But not only did he find him a ride with a Hendrick affiliate, he also paid him for another year. That being said, you can't expect something like that to be the norm.

Chevy couldn't keep Harv because SHR switched manufacturers. That's a bad example.

Thought we might see a drop mic walk off for Larson after the Chili Bowl win (joking), but instead we got more of his tripping on his dick babble. Just. Shut. Up. SMDH.

Back
Top Bottom