Silly Season 2023

Been that way for almost 30 years. How do you think Buckshot Jones got a ride with Petty Enterprises? It wasn't driving ability or accomplishments.
Imagine if Buckshot had a YouTube or Twitter account, he’d still be “racing.” 😜

Big hopes for Chandler Smith Kaulig has and Chandler's first Cup start. I don't see him not being able to qualify for the race.

5 Cup starts for a last year truck driver
Following the NCS season opener, Smith will compete in the Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond Raceway, the NASCAR All-Star Race, the YellaWood 500 at Talladega Superspeedway and the season finale at Phoenix Raceway in the No. 13 Quick Tie Camaro ZL1.

In addition to their commitment to Smith and the NCS Quick Tie will also serve as a primary sponsor of the No. 16 Chevy Camaro for multiple races during the 2023 NXS season.

Going from Trackhouse to SHR would be a lateral move imo & Trackhouse gave him his big break so he must feel loyal to them.
Yeah, that is part of it I think. Marks really likes Chastain also. I think Marks is one of the sharper owners out there to come from Ganassi level to 2nd in the Cup in one year is doing something.

psst, skill
That helps, but Justin is making sure this machine stays nicely oiled.

Chip did not have that same luxury, especially after Target left. He did very well as a team owner for what he had. I think Ross will be there for sometime, I think he and Daniel are a really good story and talented as hell to boot.

Chip did not have that same luxury, especially after Target left. He did very well as a team owner for what he had. I think Ross will be there for sometime, I think he and Daniel are a really good story and talented as hell to boot.
Ganassi didn't have anything when he had Target and tons of cash from the solar outfit. They were a top ten racing team. Later, Kyle Larson proved time and time again that Ganassi didn't have the equipment and personnel and he jumped at the chance to sell the team. He wasn't involved fully for years.

Later, Kyle Larson proved time and time again that Ganassi didn't have the equipment and personnel and he jumped at the chance to sell the team.
What was Larson's excuse last year? Very Ganassi-like.

Ganassi didn't have anything when he had Target and tons of cash from the solar outfit. They were a top ten racing team. Later, Kyle Larson proved time and time again that Ganassi didn't have the equipment and personnel and he jumped at the chance to sell the team. He wasn't involved fully for years.
From an engineering stand-point in the Gen 6 era, Ganassi was pretty good and had sharp personnel. 2016 and 2017 were like unicorn years in where they were on the brink of being a championship contender.

Larson really got the most out of those cars, a lot of those same individuals now work for GM whom were working for Ganassi. Personnel wise, they were really good. Compared to the giants, CGR at times truly punched above its weight at times.

From an engineering stand-point in the Gen 6 era, Ganassi was pretty good and had sharp personnel. 2016 and 2017 were like unicorn years in where they were on the brink of being a championship contender.

Larson really got the most out of those cars, a lot of those same individuals now work for GM whom were working for Ganassi. Personnel wise, they were really good. Compared to the giants, CGR at times truly punched above its weight at times.
Not sure how to read Larson. Dominant year in 2022 with Hendrick followed by much of what we saw with Ganassi. Still think what he did at the road course at Indy was freaking weird.

The closest Ganassi ever got to winning the cup was 3rd in 2001 with Sterling Marlin. There aren't any unicorns.

If the personnel wer so great, why aren't they with Trackhouse. Trackhouse did keep some of them.

Not sure how to read Larson. Dominant year in 2022 with Hendrick followed by much of what we saw with Ganassi. Still think what he did at the road course at Indy was freaking weird.
Cup winners seldom have back to back championship seasons, you should know that.

Justin has done great things but let's be honest it's a lot easier to get closer when everyone is given and has to use the same equipment. There's no longer the need to keep up with new parts development

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Justin has done great things but let's be honest it's a lot easier to get closer when everyone is given and has to use the same equipment. There's no longer the need to keep up with new parts development

What's so easy about it? When you have teams with no budget that are able to compete on a decent level, compared to two or three moneyed teams with that huge advantage winning all of the time

The closest Ganassi ever got to winning the cup was 3rd in 2001 with Sterling Marlin. There aren't any unicorns.

If the personnel wer so great, why aren't they with Trackhouse. Trackhouse did keep some of them.
A lot of those engineers have been spread around, a few of which I know work for General Motors in their aero department.

Engineers get moved around all the time. Working for the OEM as an aero engineer pays handsomely.

Also, reading reddit and a rumor of Riley Herbst driving the 15 at all superspeedways has come up. Supposedly during the Roar, Rick Ware mentioned Riley will be racing for them at superspeedways this year. I'll have to see if there is a sound clip or something.

Don’t forget 2002 before sterling got injured. I think he would’ve won the championship thst year had Kansas gone different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody think Josh Berry or Alex Bowman would be possibilities for SHR?

Does anybody think Josh Berry or Alex Bowman would be possibilities for SHR?
I think Berry is definitely on the radar. Not sure what JRM had for plans, if any, going to cup and where he might already be included in those.

To me I think Bowman should at least entertain the idea. I mean at HMS at best he'll as be #3 and at SHR he has a legitimate shot at being the #1 driver. Just not sure you can overcome his loyalty to Rick.

I mean at HMS at best he'll as be #3 and at SHR he has a legitimate shot at being the #1 driver.
I think you've mentioned this before. What do you see as the downside of being third at Hendrick vsthe advantage of first at SHR? I see it as a lateral move, at best.

I think you've mentioned this before. What do you see as the downside of being third at Hendrick vsthe advantage of first at SHR? I see it as a lateral move, at best.
Well I think the pay would definitely be different, ego and pulling more weight in the team.

I don't care all drivers have ego.

At this point how much you think his input is being utilized? Willing to bet its nowhere on the scale compared to Chase and Kyle.

Bowman won’t be leaving HMS and Ally Bank any time soon.
Maybe not but the past few years have taught us that the improbable is more than possible. Who saw these coming?

Brad K leaving Penske to go to Roush?

Tyler Reddick signing with 23XI with 1.5 years left on his contract?

Tyler Reddick being let out of his contact a year early?

Kyle leaving Toyota to go to RCR?

JJ coming back and being affiliated with a team that wasn't HMS?

Todd Gordon coming out of retirement to crew chief JJ?

The crew chief that took Kyle to 2 championships walking away from him him?

KBM becoming a chevy team?

Chip selling his teams and walking away?

And these are just the ones I can think of offhand

You forgot the earth’s core changing direction of rotation.

I’m talking about Bowman’s relationship with Ally Bank and theirs with him and HMS.

These deals are well out of the ordinary.

You forgot the earth’s core changing direction of rotation.

I’m talking about Bowman’s relationship with Ally Bank and theirs with him and HMS.

These deals are well out of the ordinary.
Didn't know if Bowman had a long-term deal at Hendrick and SHR is looking to poach a proven driver with some experience. Bowman fits that mold. Berry doesn't really have Cup Experience but is still an extremely talented and proven talent at Xfinity and Short Track levels. Probably a lot more level-headed than a lot of rookies. JHN stands out to me. Also heard a rumor MTJ might jump ship and JHN takes his ride at Gibbs. This kicks SHR into finding another young down the road a couple of years. Would think Ford wants Zane Smith though and I believe he is the best prospect in the Xfinity/Truck levels at the moment without a Cup ride.

Maybe not but the past few years have taught us that the improbable is more than possible. Who saw these coming?

Brad K leaving Penske to go to Roush?

Tyler Reddick signing with 23XI with 1.5 years left on his contract?

Tyler Reddick being let out of his contact a year early?

Kyle leaving Toyota to go to RCR?

JJ coming back and being affiliated with a team that wasn't HMS?

Todd Gordon coming out of retirement to crew chief JJ?

The crew chief that took Kyle to 2 championships walking away from him him?

KBM becoming a chevy team?

Chip selling his teams and walking away?

And these are just the ones I can think of offhand

Kyle Busch left JGR. WE do not have a Cup team. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom