Silly Season 2025

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
I think the 2024 thread probably ran its course.

I can't believe there's no rumors around JTG selling a charter. They're the last single car team, besides winning the 500 they haven't done much in the last 5 years

Turns out there is, sort of. Rumors are that Jody and Tad Geschickter may be taking their Kroger sponsorship program and joining the JGR ownership group. That would leave only Daugherty and Gordon Smith with equity in the team. And at that point, it would be hard not to see them selling unless they can find another partner.

Turns out there is, sort of. Rumors are that Jody and Tad Geschickter may be taking their Kroger sponsorship program and joining the JGR ownership group. That would leave only Daugherty and Gordon Smith with equity in the team. And at that point, it would be hard not to see them selling unless they can find another partner.

It's a good way to squeeze them to sell the charter to legacy or 23XI

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Anyone know what the long-term succession plan is at JGR?
Heather Gibbs has been getting much more involved with the team over the past year or so and I think she’s the natural successor at this point.

The Harris Blitzer minority investment came about as part of the relationship newly established through the Commanders, and it doesn’t seem like anything with a path to full ownership just yet.

Heather Gibbs has been getting much more involved with the team over the past year or so and I think she’s the natural successor at this point.

The Harris Blitzer minority investment came about as part of the relationship newly established through the Commanders, and it doesn’t seem like anything with a path to full ownership just yet.
I was wondering if this was a preliminary to a management position for Tad.

Oh god I hope Harris Blitzer never has full ownership. Screw Josh Harris

Well Jr, there's your chance to get into the game. A Chevy team, another North Carolina boy as as a co-owner, what's not to love? ;) The only question is how much is Tad and Jodi's piece of the charter actually worth? Of course I'm just throwing this out there to watch the food fight, but it actually makes a LOT more sense than most of the Jr. to Cup related rumors out there.

This would be huge, but remember when they couldn't find a sponsor for Kyle Busch. JGR hired the same firm in charge of marketing for JTG-Daughtery.

Now, paths may intersect. Would be huge for JGR, but would suck for Brad and Gordon.

This would be huge, but remember when they couldn't find a sponsor for Kyle Busch. JGR hired the same firm in charge of marketing for JTG-Daughtery.

Now, paths may intersect. Would be huge for JGR, but would suck for Brad and Gordon.

First, you have to want to find a sponsor.

I honestly think Jon Wood could jump in the car and perform about as well as Harrison at this point.
Yeah, he maybe out of there after this year. Restructuring, there is nothing wrong with that. However, Harrison has not made the strides necessary to keep that seat. Love the kid, but he's going to have to make progress quickly or get left behind.

Wonder when people will realize that the car is the issue and that changing the driver constantly won’t help.
That entry is running the worst it’s been since Trevor Bayne was part-time in it. Blaney, Menard, and DiBenedetto all put up better numbers than Harrison. Ford’s general struggles probably don’t help right now, but that car is still run out of the same shop as the last two Cup champions.

That entry is running the worst it’s been since Trevor Bayne was part-time in it. Blaney, Menard, and DiBenedetto all put up better numbers than Harrison. Ford’s general struggles probably don’t help right now, but that car is still run out of the same shop as the last two Cup champions.
I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying he’s good or anything, but like the constant change of drivers isn’t going to do anything to help imo. I even said back with Matty D was replaced that Harrison wouldn’t do much better, and hell he ain’t done better at all. Wood Brothers might run out the same shop, but that’s it. It would take a great talent to get anything out of that car.

I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying he’s good or anything, but like the constant change of drivers isn’t going to do anything to help imo. I even said back with Matty D was replaced that Harrison wouldn’t do much better, and hell he ain’t done better at all. Wood Brothers might run out the same shop, but that’s it. It would take a great talent to get anything out of that car.

Matty D made the playoffs, Harrison has never come even remotely close to doing that.

Ford may be struggling, but Logano, Blaney, Briscoe, Buescher & Keselowski are all in the playoff picture. Harrison just isn't that good.

Heck, even Austin Cindric is quietly 19th. Gragson would be 19th without the penalty.

Let's face it, 32nd in points in a Penske car is unacceptable. He's barely ahead of Kaz Grala, for God's sake.

Fair enough. I just don’t think Harrison is the full problem here. That’s basically it. Can he be better 100%. Can the car? 100%

I'm sure the car can be, but I have a feeling Harrison Burton's confidence is in the toilet right now because of the results and DNFs.

No, we said he had no reason to expect he would get that ride beyond his single year contract, and had no reason to blame anyone at Penske or the Woods when he didn't get it.
Yeah it was plain as day when Penske said it. Either some didn't read it or they want to argue about it. Matt had plenty of time to find another ride but he F'd around and he found out.

No, we said he had no reason to expect he would get that ride beyond his single year contract, and had no reason to blame anyone at Penske or the Woods when he didn't get it.
They were plenty of people around here throwing around how bad he was doing in the car as a reason he shouldn't be in it lol. I know this, because I had to point out the work he did in pretty **** cars to show he's a pretty decent hand. So, don't tell me people weren't saying he didn't deserve the ride.

They were plenty of people around here throwing around how bad he was doing in the car as a reason he shouldn't be in it lol. I know this, because I had to point out the work he did in pretty **** cars to show he's a pretty decent hand. So, don't tell me people weren't saying he didn't deserve the ride.
Penske didn't care if he was moot or not. He had plans to put another driver in the 21.

That doesn't change anything about people here saying he wasn't good enough for the ride.
.Yeah it does. Like I said those were people who either didn't read all the posts about it or wanted to argue. I believe most of the talk were from people saying compared to Burton, Matt had a better record and should stay in the car. You might have been one of those people. There were a number of them. :idunno:

I know what I read. Like hell you was one of the ones I would fight about it with, when you tossed out how long he had been in the car with no wins lmao. Did I change timelines or some ****? Cause I know this happened.

I know what I read. Like hell you was one of the ones I would fight about it with, when you tossed out how long he had been in the car with no wins lmao. Did I change timelines or some ****? Cause I know this happened.
Once again. Penske gave him a years notice to get out of the car. I posted it numerous times.

In a recent conversation with SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, Roger Penske spoke about Matt DiBenedetto. He revealed that the Team Penske outfit “made it clear” to him last year he had just ‘one more season’. His job was to “build his brand” and then the team would “move on” from him.

Once again. Penske gave him a years notice to get out of the car. I posted it numerous times.

In a recent conversation with SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, Roger Penske spoke about Matt DiBenedetto. He revealed that the Team Penske outfit “made it clear” to him last year he had just ‘one more season’. His job was to “build his brand” and then the team would “move on” from him.

I have not disputed that.

People still said he wasn't good enough. That's a fact.

Yep...Heather Gibbs and Dave Alpert IMO...and the minority partner remains just that.

Back
Top Bottom