Silly Season 2025

He got it folks

Him going to Spire says to me Trackhouse potentially has agreed to buy a charter since they have Zane Smith or Corey LaJoie is out of the 7 which also would not surprise me. I doubt he'd replace Hocevar as I see him having more upside than LaJoie. Or, and in my opinion unlikely, they are getting a 4th charter. This also creates a landing spot for a SHR driver to stay In a Ford if they are the ones selling.

Him going to Spire says to me Trackhouse potentially has agreed to buy a charter since they have Zane Smith or Corey LaJoie is out of the 7 which also would not surprise me. I doubt he'd replace Hocevar as I see him having more upside than LaJoie. Or, and in my opinion unlikely, they are getting a 4th charter. This also creates a landing spot for a SHR driver to stay In a Ford if they are the ones selling.
Part of me would almost like to see him replace Truex if he indeed retires. We’ve seen shock moves like that before, and it would be full circle for McDowell. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t he originally a Toyota guy with MWR?

Part of me would almost like to see him replace Truex if he indeed retires. We’ve seen shock moves like that before, and it would be full circle for McDowell. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t he originally a Toyota guy with MWR?
That certainly be short term though Truex is only 4 years older than McDowell.

I'm happy with McDowell moving on. I'd rather Keep Gragson, Briscoe and Berry in Fords so this is good. Now Burton and Preece gotta go...

Nah, McDowell doesn't fit the JGR mold. He's not douchey enough to get a ride with them

Preece and Briscoe are definitely the ones on the move. However, there are rumors about FRM and SHR merging possibly? Anything can happen, honestly.
Yeah Preece gone and Briscoe to the 21.

With FRM/Haas or /Stewart being Custer,Berry,Gragson,Custer

The two other charters going to 23xi for Herbst and Trackhouse for Zane
Fits my thoughts from earlier on Smith. Is Herbst a sponsorship thing or do they really think he is talented enough for a competitive Cup ride.

Pretty positive that is a trackhouse sponsor
yah you're right im looking on the partner page of the Trackhouse website and there it is low and behold. Very intrigued as to who is tabbed for the 34 now

Bell, like Jones and Suarez (and several others before them) aren't douchey at all. But JGR needs to maintain their 3:1 douche:normal ratio, and McDowell would throw that off
Lol well he's at spire now

Reddit just jumped back on the “dump Suarez for SVG or Zane” train.
Trackhouse is in a weird place for next year. They’re probably going to have three charters, but only have one guy who’s really good and should have long-term job security. Then they have three drivers for two spots, and they are:

- Multi-race Cup winner, won once already this year at a drafting track, but otherwise has only one other Top 10 (Texas) and would currently be sitting outside of the playoffs if not for a few thousandths of a second
- Guy who had a pretty good Truck career, but is currently in the midst of a rookie Cup season that has been far from graceful
- Guy in his first full year of racing ovals who seems to be making progress, but is ultimately still a ~ Top 15 Xfinity driver at this point in time. Would be a significant Cup playoff threat just due to his sheer road course ability, however.

I don’t think Suarez’s win at Atlanta alone was enough to keep him in that seat next year, given what he’s shown since then. On the other hand, the competition for his spot isn’t super stellar just yet. I think he might be okay just because he’s the incumbent, but SVG will probably be a real threat to replace him in 2026.

Preece would be 21st in points without the penalty, and that is including his DNF at Dover, which wasn't his fault.

Those putting him in the same sentence as Burton are wrong.

Some team is going to get a heck of a driver next year, assuming the SHR rumors are true.

Preece would be 21st in points without the penalty, and that is including his DNF at Dover, which wasn't his fault.

Some team is going to get a heck of a driver next year, assuming the SHR rumors are true.
Ya in a lower series. He has had enough time to prove it in cup.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240508_163030_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240508_163030_Chrome.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 16
Idk how to explain it, he’s just been with FRM/Love’s for a while and the contrast feels stark lol. First thing I thought of was his S&P days in the 98.
Yeah, it remains to be seen what kind of jump it is. Spire cars are pretty close to the later edition Front row cars. They will have the young gasser in Hocevar and McDowell is wise and doesn't make many mistakes.

He started relatively old and spent his first few years at the mediocre JTG organization. He's a proven winner in the lower series, both Xfinity and Trucks.

A perfect example of stats don't tell the whole story, in my opinion.
I think it’s safe to say, racing at the cup level is a results based business. He hasn’t shown anything really at either stop, to keep his current seat at the cup level. I think unfortunately for his fans he’s not going to be a cup driver in 25. I think he’d be really really good in the Truck series, as backhanded as that might sound.

Last 48 races:
Burton 3 top 10s
Preece 3 top 10s

Back
Top Bottom