Silly Season For 2017

I've personally narrowed it down to these five, because I don't think Allenbaba would have thought of that clue for any of the others - - meaning that it's not notable they have won a race since 2014, of course they have.
Truex? Buescher? I don't see either leaving. One is at the top of his game, and the other is just starting his Cup career.

I had a dream that the 20 team was restructuring, so I'm gonna say Matt retires and Suarez steps in. Same thing I said about Kasey knowing Bowman is there applies here except who gets the 19 Xfinity ride.

Truex? Buescher? I don't see either leaving. One is at the top of his game, and the other is just starting his Cup career.

I don't really see it either, but those are the guys I can possibly see Allenbaba giving that hint for, unless he's being really clever. If it were someone who wins every year (Hamlin), that hint wouldn't come to mind.

You make a compelling case it should be further narrowed down to three. I would think only another serious family health issue would cause Truex to leave now. Buescher I have no idea about. It's probably one of the other three, but maybe I'm putting too much stock in my interpretation of the hint.

Mark's last full season wasn't all that great and he was 52 by the end of it. Not many parallels there.
So?????????? He never really gave up and rolled over did he? I think when he saw he wasn't competitive anymore...... he left........ kinda' like Harry Gant.... they both left and didn't come back to the track anymore even as spectators........ when they left ........... they were done.....

So?????????? He never really gave up and rolled over did he? I think when he saw he wasn't competitive anymore...... he left........ kinda' like Harry Gant.... they both left and didn't come back to the track anymore even as spectators........ when they left ........... they were done.....
Harry came back a lot to sell souvenirs and sign autographs.

I have no interest in anybody half interested behind the wheel of one of my TRD powered Camrys. Biffle from one of the worst cars to the best. Would be interesting to see if how he would respond.

If Denny abruptly retired Biffle would be a good choice to fill in for a year or two ... he's a good veteran driver, and he's a former teammate of both Matt and Carl. Biffle can win races if you give him a quality ride.

I know everybody has Kenseth on the retirement list, but I don't think he's going away anytime soon. I bet he races until he's 50. Here's another recent answer he gave when asked about his age.

At 44, you’re the third-oldest driver in NASCAR—is your age slowing you down?
Certainly you can’t stop the clock, and I think that also has been some of the motivation about me exercising more often and harder than I ever have before. As the number gets bigger, you certainly spend a little more time thinking about it and certainly, you know, fighting it.

http://www.bicycling.com/culture/people/this-nascar-pro-is-hooked-on-bikes

I know everybody has Kenseth on the retirement list, but I don't think he's going away anytime soon. I bet he races until he's 50. Here's another recent answer he gave when asked about his age.

Certainly you can’t stop the clock, and I think that also has been some of the motivation about me exercising more often and harder than I ever have before. As the number gets bigger, you certainly spend a little more time thinking about it and certainly, you know, fighting it.

I won't say 50, but I've been going with one more 3-year contract after 2017. That would put him at 48.

If Denny abruptly retired Biffle would be a good choice to fill in for a year or two ... he's a good veteran driver, and he's a former teammate of both Matt and Carl. Biffle can win races if you give him a quality ride.

If Denny retires then Suarez gets thrust into the 11. I don't think Biffle's is anywhere is Coach's radar.

Guys, guys. I thought of Hamlin before the clue too. But if allenbaba described Denny Hamlin as someone who has won a race since the new Chase format has been in effect, I'll eat my hat.

This is cool, thanks for posting. I'd love to see Kenseth stick around and keep that element of an old veteran in an increasingly young field.

I really think Biff picked at bad year to part with Jack. There is nothing out there for him. His only chance is a late unforeseen retirement or injury that requires a quick quality replacement until a permenent driver is hired. Here's hoping something opens up before Daytona .

I really think Biff picked at bad year to part with Jack. There is nothing out there for him. His only chance is a late unforeseen retirement or injury that requires a quick quality replacement until a permenent driver is hired. Here's hoping something opens up before Daytona .
I'm sure he was aware of the limited options when he made his decision. He chose to leave anyway. I think that says a lot about the conditions at Roush.

They didnt have any sponsorship I think it was more of.....hmmmm ya man you gotta go and biff was like im already packed.

This is spot on. The rumors were already swirling before his announcement that the 16 was going to be lacking funding even more than usual. Seems like it was probably more of a mutual decision between Biff and the organization more than Biff just putting his hands up and saying "I quit".

Crazy to think about it though, how Biffle ending up being the last man standing from the Roush golden era after the departure of Mark Martin, Edwards, and Kenseth. All those guys to me "were" Roush, and they all left. I mean Kurt got fired, but the rest all saw the writing on the wall and sought better opportunities. If Biffle does indeed retire then it'll be sad that he didn't get the second chance like Kenseth and Edwards got with Gibbs, or get to go around and have some fun whoring himself out like Mark did to end his career. Fading away versus burning out, you know?

This is spot on. The rumors were already swirling before his announcement that the 16 was going to be lacking funding even more than usual. Seems like it was probably more of a mutual decision between Biff and the organization more than Biff just putting his hands up and saying "I quit".

Crazy to think about it though, how Biffle ending up being the last man standing from the Roush golden era after the departure of Mark Martin, Edwards, and Kenseth. All those guys to me "were" Roush, and they all left. I mean Kurt got fired, but the rest all saw the writing on the wall and sought better opportunities. If Biffle does indeed retire then it'll be sad that he didn't get the second chance like Kenseth and Edwards got with Gibbs, or get to go around and have some fun whoring himself out like Mark did to end his career. Fading away versus burning out, you know?
I agree with all this, but would we really say, "wow, didnt see that coming" if Biffle is the driver to be hanging up the helmet ?

I agree with all this, but would we really say, "wow, didnt see that coming" if Biffle is the driver to be hanging up the helmet ?

Not at all. I remember a couple seasons ago in an interview he actually said he thought about retiring every weekend. I'm surprised he even held out as long as he did.

Back
Top Bottom