Silly Season For 2017

Are you talking about Nature's Bakery? Because it's a startup company founded by a guy who is already filthy rich from other business ventures. They are not a last ditch sponsor nor would somebody as marketable as Danica ever have a discount priced last ditch sponsor.
I beg to differ. The company itself ( owners money is not part of the equation) is not that big in sales
and the profits pay the advertising. Why is Danica so marketable? I don't see companies lined up for a piece of the action. If that were true, she would have multiple sponsors paying big per race as is the situation with Junior.
Just my opinion, I have no facts to prove my theory. :unsure:

I beg to differ. The company itself ( owners money is not part of the equation) is not that big in sales
and the profits pay the advertising. Why is Danica so marketable? I don't see companies lined up for a piece of the action. If that were true, she would have multiple sponsors paying big per race as is the situation with Junior.
Just my opinion, I have no facts to prove my theory. :unsure:

Are you kidding? Why is Danica so marketable? You're gonna talk like she's struggling to land a sponsor? The less sponsors you see throughout the season with a driver on a top-tier means that said sponsor(s) are paying more money for more exposure as opposed to having to piecemeal a bunch of sponsor packages together that are only willing to pay for a smaller fraction of the season each. Danica is one of the most popular and recognizable figures in the sport. Nobody in the average American household knows who the heck Kyle Larson is, but every household in America knows Danica Patrick because she, similarly to Jeff Gordon in the 90's, has gone past NASCAR and has thrust herself into the mainstream. Danica is probably the second-easiest sponsor sell below Junior, honestly.

Start watching Trailer Park Boys.

Wow, so how many of you haven't understood my avatar this whole time?
I just figured it was a self portrait, but your question would indicate it isn't. I have wondered why you needed a rubber glove to lean on a pool cue, but that's a great bowling shirt.

Sorry, I've lived in some low-end trailer parks in my misspent early 20s. Been there, done that, probably would have been on the tube myself if so-called 'reality TV' had exist in those pre-MTV 'Real World' days. I don't have much reason to revisit that stage. I'll go with the self-centered theory that if I've never heard of the television show, it's automatically okay that I don't know anyone on it, or ever know, especially if they've never been on anything else. That goes double for what I assume is a 'reality show'.

I just figured it was a self portrait, but your question would indicate it isn't. I have wondered why you needed a rubber glove to lean on a pool cue, but that's a great bowling shirt.

Sorry, I've lived in some low-end trailer parks in my misspent early 20s. Been there, done that, probably would have been on the tube myself if so-called 'reality TV' had exist in those pre-MTV 'Real World' days. I don't have much reason to revisit that stage. I'll go with the self-centered theory that if I've never heard of the television show, it's automatically okay that I don't know anyone on it, or ever know, especially if they've never been on anything else. That goes double for what I assume is a 'reality show'.

It's a spoof reality show. It's funny as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a reality show, it's a scripted sitcom in the "mockumentary" style (fake documentary) that takes place in the fictitious Sunnyvale trailer park in Nova Scotia, Canada. It is absolutely hilarious and on Netflix if you have it.

I wonder how many people actually think my avatar is me then, because my avatar is a picture of one of the main characters of Trailer Park Boys named Ricky.

... I wonder how many people actually think my avatar is me then, because my avatar is a picture of one of the main characters of Trailer Park Boys named Ricky.
Back in the days of only three television networks, one could reasonably assume most people were at least familiar with anything that had been on the air for three seasons. These days, I don't assume anyone is familiar even with The Simpsons. I'll make references to assorted pop culture subjects but I fully expect them to reach a limited audience.

Nope, no Netflix. I haven't found a reason to pay for it. As to mockumentaries, my generation practically perfected them. "This Is Spinal Tap", anyone? :jamming:

Is it okay if I don't know who Russ Wheeler is

375393.1.jpg

russ2.jpg

HHMMMMM ....... This makes me think you might be the jackass that spread it all around......

No, I certainly wasn't and wouldn't have. That's a stupid cheap shot, and I also expressed that I hoped the exposure didn't cause any problems for allenbaba. Don't make your dumbassed accusations at me again.

Last edited:
It's not a reality show, it's a scripted sitcom in the "mockumentary" style (fake documentary) that takes place in the fictitious Sunnyvale trailer park in Nova Scotia, Canada. It is absolutely hilarious and on Netflix if you have it.

I wonder how many people actually think my avatar is me then, because my avatar is a picture of one of the main characters of Trailer Park Boys named Ricky.

I love that we are having this conversation about TPB haha.

My favorite show

Atleast when my avatar was Bubs you knew there was fellow fan.

Back in the days of only three television networks, one could reasonably assume most people were at least familiar with anything that had been on the air for three seasons. These days, I don't assume anyone is familiar even with The Simpsons. I'll make references to assorted pop culture subjects but I fully expect them to reach a limited audience.

Nope, no Netflix. I haven't found a reason to pay for it. As to mockumentaries, my generation practically perfected them. "This Is Spinal Tap", anyone? :jamming:
Screenshot_2016-12-31-23-43-23.png

Heck most people I talk to dont even know the Simpsons are still making new episodes.

I stand by my prediction that it will be Danica. That (to me) was a small seasonal sponsor
and maybe they can't keep up the payments especially if sales did not make any increase
over the year. I always suspected they were a last ditch sponsor that got in the door on a trial basis.
A little like Nascar gave away the CUP sponsorship at bargain prices.:rolleyes:
Wish harder, it ain't workin so far

Are you kidding? Why is Danica so marketable? You're gonna talk like she's struggling to land a sponsor? The less sponsors you see throughout the season with a driver on a top-tier means that said sponsor(s) are paying more money for more exposure as opposed to having to piecemeal a bunch of sponsor packages together that are only willing to pay for a smaller fraction of the season each. Danica is one of the most popular and recognizable figures in the sport. Nobody in the average American household knows who the heck Kyle Larson is, but every household in America knows Danica Patrick because she, similarly to Jeff Gordon in the 90's, has gone past NASCAR and has thrust herself into the mainstream. Danica is probably the second-easiest sponsor sell below Junior, honestly.
Keep dreaming. Popularity doesn't always produce great sponsors..
I am quite sure that if she had a huge paying sponsor she would be driving the #4 car renumbered. What did she get in 2016? 1 new car? I think it was the test model.

Also we can take her out because the word he has been used repeatedly

So much for any Hamlin theories.

“We’ll announce something pretty soon, I believe,” Hamlin said. “I feel like I have all the tools I need to win championships. I have great sponsors, a great manufacturer and team right there in front of me. It’s just a great situation that I was put in in 2005 and to me, I don’t see anything changing."

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...the-tools-i-need-to-win-championships-862285/

So much for any Hamlin theories.

“We’ll announce something pretty soon, I believe,” Hamlin said. “I feel like I have all the tools I need to win championships. I have great sponsors, a great manufacturer and team right there in front of me. It’s just a great situation that I was put in in 2005 and to me, I don’t see anything changing."

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...the-tools-i-need-to-win-championships-862285/

And then there was 7....

Not larson not CB

The only ones I see as slightly possible are Almirola and just maybe Kurt. Any of those others would truly be shockers, especially either of the Penske drivers.

Maybe Gene is offering Kurt an F1 seat? :p

Can you imagine if it's Harvick? He's also one of the oldest out there now, has his kid that he probably doesn't want to miss too much of his childhood being at the track now that he's done this for like 15 years anyway. He has his championship and finally got the redemption he deserved after leaving the sinking ship RCR. Maybe he got what he needed out of his racing career and wants to shift fulltime to his management company and being a dad.

Can you imagine if it's Harvick? He's also one of the oldest out there now, has his kid that he probably doesn't want to miss too much of his childhood being at the track now that he's done this for like 15 years anyway. He has his championship and finally got the redemption he deserved after leaving the sinking ship RCR. Maybe he got what he needed out of his racing career and wants to shift fulltime to his management company and being a dad.
I believe Kevin is signed through 2017

Or maybe Harvick is just repulsed by having to drive a Ford now. ;)

Back
Top Bottom