Silly Season For 2017

We can take Danica out of the mix. She's back in 2017 with Nature's Bakery.
Can you imagine if it's Harvick? He's also one of the oldest out there now, has his kid that he probably doesn't want to miss too much of his childhood being at the track now that he's done this for like 15 years anyway. He has his championship and finally got the redemption he deserved after leaving the sinking ship RCR. Maybe he got what he needed out of his racing career and wants to shift fulltime to his management company and being a dad.
I would say, "wow, didnt see this coming" for sure.

After catching up on the pages of this thread all I can think of is:

"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way."

Kenseth will be in the tire test at Vegas next week so I guess that rules him out for retirement as surely he wouldn't be wasting his time at a test if he was hanging it up.

So Edwards is the only Gibbs driver that we pretty much can't confirm will be back now.

http://performance.ford.com/series/stock-car-racing/drivers/sprint-cup.html

Interesting site is updated, shows SHR drivers in new firesuits. Also no mention of xfinity penske #12. And shows bubba wallace returningbto Roush.

So it's not Harvick either. I'm starting to doubt that anybody is going to retire then. It isn't Kasey, it isn't Happy, it isn't Kenseth, it isn't Danica, it isn't Denny, and isn't AJ. I mean who else can we really consider? Is Aric Almirola really gonna call it quits?

I notice when Blaney is driving the 22 in Xfinity he has an additional sponsor "Snap on"

Okay, what do you think is significance about that?
Snap On is not on the car when Brad or Joey is driving.
I think the main sponsor pays less for when Ryan is driving and the snap on sponsor makes up the difference. This assumption is just from me and I base it on the fact that Roger doesn't run anything from his own pocket.
Yes a race team can make good money from each car it has running but the biggest profit comes from
the individual sponsor contribution for each car and if there is no sponsor willing to pay the bench mark then don't run the car. That is why Penski only has 2 cars. He isn't going to over tax his facilities to run a 3rd car when he can still use Wood Bros.

Snap On is not on the car when Brad or Joey is driving.
I think the main sponsor pays less for when Ryan is driving and the snap on sponsor makes up the difference. This assumption is just from me and I base it on the fact that Roger doesn't run anything from his own pocket.
Yes a race team can make good money from each car it has running but the biggest profit comes from
the individual sponsor contribution for each car and if there is no sponsor willing to pay the bench mark then don't run the car. That is why Penski only has 2 cars. He isn't going to over tax his facilities to run a 3rd car when he can still use Wood Bros.

Snap-On has been an associate sponsor at Penske for years, like even when Kurt was in the 2 car. That's not a new relationship. Snap-On has also served as the primary sponsor for a few of Ryan's Cup races. I wouldn't look too far into that at all.

When you're no better than BK Racing... I would want to retire prematurely as well.

Fourth best Ford team ftw.

5TH...NOW

PENSKE
SHR
WOODS
RFR
PETTY
FRM....greater than BK

GOFAS less than bk

Snap-On has been an associate sponsor at Penske for years, like even when Kurt was in the 2 car. That's not a new relationship. Snap-On has also served as the primary sponsor for a few of Ryan's Cup races. I wouldn't look too far into that at all.
Why is Ryan listed as have the 2 sponsors in Xfinity and Joey and Brad only the 1 sponsor listed?

Updates 1/5

23 Joey Gase - BK Racing - has charter, Sounds like Gase will be part time with someone else TBD.
30 ??? Josh Wise/Gray Gaulding - The Motorsports Group (TMG) - No charter
32 Matt DiBenedetto - Go Fas Racing - leased charter to the 21, has a charter on lease from the 44.
33 ??? Casey Mears - Circle Sport Racing - Must use or sell charter, cannot lease it
34 Landon Cassill - Front Row Motorsports - has charter
37 Chris Beuscher - JTGD - has charter
38 David Ragan - Front Row Motorsports - has charter

44 RPM - leased charter to the 32, folded up shop for 2017.
83 ???- BK Racing - has charter
95 - Michael McDowell - Levine Family Racing - bought charter from #7 TBR last year.
55/98 ???- Premium Motorsports - gets charter back from HSM 46

Why is Ryan listed as have the 2 sponsors in Xfinity and Joey and Brad only the 1 sponsor listed?

Because that's who the specific companies wanted as representatives for their brands? Why does Hunt Brother's Pizza sponsor Kevin Harvick but Hellman's Mayonaise sponsors Dale Jr even when they were both driving the 88 part-time for JR Motorsports before?

Because that's who the specific companies wanted as representatives for their brands? Why does Hunt Brother's Pizza sponsor Kevin Harvick but Hellman's Mayonaise sponsors Dale Jr even when they were both driving the 88 part-time for JR Motorsports before?

If he would just get drunk n high it'd all make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the mystery retirement...my thoughts are that it's Kurt.

He's had a good career, won lots of races and a championship, likely realizes his best days are behind him now. He has a new marriage. Also, we know Allen had some history with him at FRR.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it's him that Allen is referring to. Just my 2 cents though

He's had a good career, won lots of races and a championship, likely realizes his best days are behind him now. He has a new marriage. Also, we know Allen had some history with him at FRR.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it's him that Allen is referring to. Just my 2 cents though

Couple of things there . Possibly a courtesy nod to Monster Energy if they needed to cut back on their contract to sponsor the Kurt and the 41 car . And likewise to Haas if he wanted to cut back .. Kurt , being a nice guy maybe ? "I won't stand in your way " type thing .

Couple of things there . Possibly a courtesy nod to Monster Energy if they needed to cut back on their contract to sponsor the Kurt and the 41 car . And likewise to Haas if he wanted to cut back .. Kurt , being a nice guy maybe ? "I won't stand in your way " type thing .
I can't see either of the Busch Brothers being ''nice'' guys to just roll over and step aside as a courtesy nod to anyone unless they decided they had bankrolled enough money to live very comfortably the rest of their life.....

Someone willing to settle for an uncompetitive car with a guaranteed start. Don't look for Biffle here.

EDITED - Maybe Gaulding or Wise; weren't they rumored to the TMG #30?

Oh, and Mears was rumored to the #33 at one point.

By my reckoning, this leaves charter seat open for the entire season in the #33 (Circle/TMG) and #83 (BK). There are also charter rides open for -most- of the season in the BK #23 (Gase booked for 3; Ellis and Richardson took a couple of rides in BK cars in 2016) and Premium's #55 (at least, that's the number they're using for MIchael Waltrip's one-shot at Daytona).

Corrections are invited.

I can't see either of the Busch Brothers being ''nice'' guys to just roll over and step aside as a courtesy nod to anyone unless they decided they had bankrolled enough money to live very comfortably the rest of their life.....

I don't think money is a big problem for either one .

Updates 1/5

23 Joey Gase - BK Racing - has charter, Sounds like Gase will be part time with someone else TBD.
30 ??? Josh Wise/Gray Gaulding - The Motorsports Group (TMG) - No charter
32 Matt DiBenedetto - Go Fas Racing - leased charter to the 21, has a charter on lease from the 44.
33 ??? Casey Mears - Circle Sport Racing - Must use or sell charter, cannot lease it
34 Landon Cassill - Front Row Motorsports - has charter
37 Chris Beuscher - JTGD - has charter
38 David Ragan - Front Row Motorsports - has charter

44 RPM - leased charter to the 32, folded up shop for 2017.
83 ???- BK Racing - has charter
95 - Michael McDowell - Levine Family Racing - bought charter from #7 TBR last year.
55/98 ???- Premium Motorsports - gets charter back from HSM 46
I've noticed that McDowell is able to get those qualifying runs in the upper echelon of speed. Wonder if that's from Parrot as a crew chief or pure racing talent. Anyways, as much as I don't really like Eric Jones, I expect huge things from him this year.

Yes. Yes, of course.

How silly of me to think that you, of all people, were taking a swipe at the Busch boys. :rolleyes:

I've also been thinking about Kurt as the possible mystery retirement. For the reasons stated, except I don't agree that Kurt's best racing days are behind him. Whether his best days are behind him or not, I doubt that would be his motivation to stop.

Back
Top Bottom