Silly Season For 2017

They're is definitely a chance that Blaney ends up as the full time driver of the 12 Xfinity car. There is no guarantee that 21 will be full time next year.

Hopefully they still have that kind of funding next year. Remember that funding comes from Ford and they are taking on more next year. Also that team does not have a charter and nothing announced for next year.

Blaney could end up in the 12 cup car too but once again no charter and nothing announced. I of course want to see more Fords, stronger Fords so therefore hopefully Verizon comes over and sponsors Blaney in cup and they sign Bowman to drive the 21.

I think Roger will pressure Ford to keep the 21 full time and will support the Wood Bros himself to keep his 3rd car there. When he decides to buy another charter for himself, he will bring the third car in house. In the mean time I think he has the top 3 cars in IRL and after letting Juan go, he has a new driver there.

I'm curious to see what happens to Roush with there 3 cars. Biffle has ran a decent amount unsponsored with Ford Ecoboost or Roush Performance on the car. Advocare's full season sponsorship is expiring, so who knows what/how many races they'll be back.

I'm curious to see what happens to Roush with there 3 cars. Biffle has ran a decent amount unsponsored with Ford Ecoboost or Roush Performance on the car. Advocare's full season sponsorship is expiring, so who knows what/how many races they'll be back.

I've wondered for some time when this Fenway alliance would start producing multiple sponsorships for Jack . Maybe they need to bring another baseball millionaire on board .

I've wondered for some time when this Fenway alliance would start producing multiple sponsorships for Jack . Maybe they need to bring another baseball millionaire on board .

I don't think the Fenway alliance is the problem with RFR. I think Jack Roush is the problem with the team.

I don't think the Fenway alliance is the problem with RFR. I think Jack Roush is the problem with the team.
Seem to recall ( perhaps incorrectly ) that the original thinking for the pairing was to have a Fortune 500 partner who could entice other Fortune 500 companies to come on board . Maybe I got that wrong . I have always been amazed by the numbers of great Nascar people that came though (and more importantly , left ) that once great company .

The 21 has funding and is affiliated with Roger Penske. I have a hard time seeing Blaney not being full time.
And that full-time ride will still be the #21. What reason is there to move him next year?

If nothing else, the Woods are demonstrating that a charter isn't necessary if you're willing to accept a technical alliance.

I'd bet on the 13
I'd bet on the 95, where RCR employee Todd Parrott just became the full-time crew chief. Previously, Parrott was on the 95 pit box only on the weekends when Ty Dillon was in the car (four or five times this year).

'RCR Extends Newman'

http://www.rcrracing.com/news/index.cfm?cid=52813

In the #31. Photo shows a Caterpillar car and fire suit. So much for that line of discussion.
I just don't get it .:idunno: I keep hearing every week on here about these old guys that are done . Ready for the scrap heap . Too old to cut the mustard. Useless . Guys like Kasey , Ryan , Clint, Truex , and Elliott Sadler . What is happening ? Is there parallel universe where veteran drivers have value ? What is happening?

So where does this leave Ty Dillon?
Out in the cold I would hope....... but....... Grand daddy ain't gonna' let that happen........ Ty and Austin should get up every single morning and kiss the ground that Dale Earnhardt walked on because without him..... Richard..... their Daddy or them wouldn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.......

I'd bet on the 95, where RCR employee Todd Parrott just became the full-time crew chief. Previously, Parrott was on the 95 pit box only on the weekends when Ty Dillon was in the car (four or five times this year).
I can see that as well.

Out in the cold I would hope....... but....... Grand daddy ain't gonna' let that happen........ Ty and Austin should get up every single morning and kiss the ground that Dale Earnhardt walked on because without him..... Richard..... their Daddy or them wouldn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.......
Y'all really need to get some new material.

Awww man you guys beat me to it. I was going to come in and post as Captain Obvious and let you know that next year RCR will be Dillon, Newman, and Menard with Ty in the 95.
I'm thinking 2018 will be Menard at Penske or maybe Menard goes to the Wood Brothers full time with Penske support, and Blaney goes to Penske in the 12 car but that's for the 2018 silly season thread.

Casey Mears isn't going anywhere. GEICO eats him up with a ladle.
I'm not sure. One report I read,a have actually come from here, said that the "agent" who works for Geico loves Casey but the company itself wants to make a change.

I'm not sure. One report I read,a have actually come from here, said that the "agent" who works for Geico loves Casey but the company itself wants to make a change.
I doubt it was a "report," you probably heard it from me. GEICO doesn't necessarily want to make a change, and quite frankly, as long as the driver isn't snorting coke off a prostitute, I don't think GEICO really cares who the driver is. Germain desperately wants a change. GEICO trusts an independent contractor (Doug Barnette - nice guy) with making sure the sponsorship runs smoothly. Doug then receives 10% of the deal. So...all Doug cares about is making sure the sponsorship runs smoothly. He and Casey are tight, Casey is basically invisible - no headaches or mishaps or incidents or much of anything really, making him the perfect guy to just keep the relationship running smoothly, and the money flowing. Germain has tried several times in the past to recommend a driver change...but Doug keeps avoiding it. Tough to blame him. He cashes a very big check, and trusts Casey. But from what I've heard, it's reached a boiling point over there concerning low morale (to the point that Bob has talked about folding shop altogether). RCR and Bob had spoken two years ago about a ride for Ty, and it derailed. But last I heard, they were talking again, and in full force.

Judging by this article, it seems like Biffle is on the edge of leaving RFR and finding another team, or just calling it quits altogether.

He really wants to be competitve again, but at his age, who would be willing to give Biffle a winning ride? Everyone knows he's been a pretty good wheelman his whole career, would a larger team look at him?

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...bably-going-to-do-something-different-838735/

Judging by this article, it seems like Biffle is on the edge of leaving RFR and finding another team, or just calling it quits altogether.

He really wants to be competitve again, but at his age, who would be willing to give Biffle a winning ride? Everyone knows he's been a pretty good wheelman his whole career, would a larger team look at him?

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...bably-going-to-do-something-different-838735/

I think the greater possibility is joining Tony Stewart on the boat bass fishing.

Unfortunately for him, he won't get a better ride at this stage of his career. It's a shame. I think Biffle deserved better, especially over the past decade. I think he was close to leaving RFR more than once, and he probably wishes he had.

I like Biffle, but at 47 I doubt he'll be able to find anything better than what he currently has.

So in their infinite wisdom, the Justice Department has approved the AB In-Bev purchase of SAB Miller. The resulting Belgian based monolith will have 70% of the US domestic beer market.

The #2 and #4 teams count on big sponsorship money from this entity. Will the new Eurocentric execs turn their backs or double down on 'Merica sports sponsorships?

Who knows when the contracts on the #2 & #4 expire?

So in their infinite wisdom, the Justice Department has approved the AB In-Bev purchase of SAB Miller. The resulting Belgian based monolith will have 70% of the US domestic beer market.

The #2 and #4 teams count on big sponsorship money from this entity. Will the new Eurocentric execs turn their backs or double down on 'Merica sports sponsorships?

Who knows when the contracts on the #2 & #4 expire?

I think they're both expiring before 2018

Let's see...... Menard won't be resigned , Kasey is toast , Bowyer is washed up , Sadler is history , Ryan Newman, gone , Truex useless ... I'm thinkin Biff can name his price .

He already has Truck and X titles. I don't think he'd be interested.

Don't you think that Elliott Sadler would rather be having the kind of season he's having in Xfinity compared to running 25th in cup. What about when Spencer, Musgrave, Skinner etc. ran the truck series for years.
Honestly I think they were having more fun doing that stuff so that's why I think he would thrive. In reality what top cup team is going to sign Biffle these days?

Hypothetically in best case scenario though...
Hendrick
88-1 year deal If Earnhardt is done
Gibbs
None
FRR
None
SHR
None
Penske
None
Ganassi
None
RCR
No room at the inn
Wood Bros
None

Everyone else is As bad or worse than RFR

One reason I don't think Biffle would be satisfied with an X ride is because he hasn't driven in a lower-series race since 2010. I suspect if he thought they'd be fun, he would have found a way to get in one since then.

I think Jack better give him a raise and hope he can pick up a first round draft pick next year . (sick and ball alert :D ..)

Back
Top Bottom