Silly Season For 2017

JTG running a second car would be a very good thing to see. They're a little team with a ton of fight. I'd like to see them pull an FRR and become a regular threat.

Agree, but JTG is/has been getting good equipment.

Germain gets what they pay for.

Good example of that is TBR having an "RCR affilliation".

NBC is reporting there may be three charters on the market this winter.

Tommy Baldwin (Leavine Family Racing is buying it).

Go Fas Racing (Archie St. Hilaire).

Circle Sport Racing (Joe Falk).

Barney Visser seems to be a buyer for the 77 team. Who else? I wonder if Wood Brothers have sponsorship to run full time in 2017 and might consider a charter if the price is right?
Penske should buy it and then lease it to Wood Bros.

The 13 has had an RCR affiliation. But if Ty is in the 13 it might as well be a 4th RCR car, similar to what Penske is doing with the 21.
2 and the 22 and if you add the 21, I think you have a grand total of 3. That tells me that Penske could run Ryan and 1 other car from his shop.
RCR has the 3, 27 and 31. They can run Ty from their shop and still be legal.

Don't know if it's been said yet or not but:
Biffle to jtg 2017 per jayski

Good to see Biffle get another chance.

Bowyer and Biffle are going to do very well next year. Hopefully, he can get some sponsors to follow him to JTG.

I guess Buescher will move up to the 16 with possibly Reed or Wallace going to the 34?

With Newman driving the #31 again next year, Ty Dillon still is without a ride, isn't he?
Is there a chance for him to be racing the #15 next year for HScott Motosports?
And Bowman still is without a ride for 2017 too. I hope he gets one(maybe the #13 or the #46).

Don't look for Bowman to get a Cup ride unless Jr. has no choice but to retire.

And that Biffle story is still an unconfirmed rumor.

You really think HMS would give Bowman the full time ride ?
That's the only possibility I see for him in a Cup ride in 2017 but no, I don't think there's much of a chance. Jr. and the singing fat lady aren't on a first-name basis just yet.

More likely it would go to Kahne when Harvick gets in the #5 :rolleyes:

With Newman driving the #31 again next year, Ty Dillon still is without a ride, isn't he?
Is there a chance for him to be racing the #15 next year for HScott Motosports?
And Bowman still is without a ride for 2017 too. I hope he gets one(maybe the #13 or the #46).

Ty is in the 13 next season.

I could see Vickers into either the Roush or HMS ride. He potentially brings some sponsorship with different blood thinner medications. We already have seen it a bit when he ran for Stewart Haas

the overall NASCAR talent now is quite low as in 1998 Buckshot Jones did 8th at dover, Rick Mast poled and Kenny wallce poled.

... and Buckshot Jones sells real estate.
There aren't many things better in life than helping a few people tour a house/business every year and making a sweet 6-figure income in the process. Much safer and less stressful than being a race car driver, plus the salary is probably similar to drivers of lower-tier teams.

There aren't many things better in life than helping a few people tour a house/business every year and making a sweet 6-figure income in the process. Much safer and less stressful than being a race car driver, plus the salary is probably similar to drivers of lower-tier teams.
My wife is a realtor.

She has never driven a racecar but she has paid a few tire bills. :D

Vicker's family had money didn't they? I heard he was a rich playboy and was best friends with Ricky.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clyde_Vickers

Maybe some, but it's hard to get a picture

Thanks for that. It tells me that the man struggled most of his life but has overcome his financial woes and is doing well now.
Brian himself has made millions as a driver so he could well have been supporting his own life style as a single playboy.
Blood clots can make it very difficult for a driver to do much flying and that may be why it keeps recurring.

So here's what I got: right now Roush has funding for exactly 1.5 cars. So, half. Biffle is likely out. If they can somehow fund Bubba, he'll be brought up. Otherwise they'll likely lease out a charter and go to two cars.

JTG is working on a 2nd car, likely with help from Kroger. I know Kroger was talking about potential title sponsor...not sure it'll happen (as of right now there's nothing. Be prepared for no title sponsor next season, or multiple ones). Biffle is a good candidate for that ride if it happens. If it doesn't, I'd expect a Bobby Labonte type retirement for him. Done, but sort of not done.

So here's what I got: right now Roush has funding for exactly 1.5 cars. So, half. Biffle is likely out. If they can somehow fund Bubba, he'll be brought up. Otherwise they'll likely lease out a charter and go to two cars.

JTG is working on a 2nd car, likely with help from Kroger. I know Kroger was talking about potential title sponsor...not sure it'll happen (as of right now there's nothing. Be prepared for no title sponsor next season, or multiple ones). Biffle is a good candidate for that ride if it happens. If it doesn't, I'd expect a Bobby Labonte type retirement for him. Done, but sort of not done.

What's going on at Roush? What's with the total implosion?

No way Vickers ever lands a fulltime ride again anywhere, he's always going to be perceived as too risky. I wish NBC would hire him to replace Letarte.
Yeah, he impressed me with his pit road reporting earlier. I think we need a driver and a CC in the booth, not two drivers, but I wish someone would find an on-air spot for him. I'd love to see him replace Parsons or Mikey in the booth for Truck races.

I really want to see Bubba Wallace succeed and become a star and attract younger and more diverse fans to Nascar. But I'm not sure coming up to Cup next year, and doing so in an under-funded Roush car, is the way to success. I know hope springs eternal and all that, but what you report on Roush-Fenway Racing is not confidence inspiring, to say the least.

And leasing out a charter in 2017 is just a one-year solution, because charters can only be leased one year out of five. So the following year (2018), Roush would need to put that charter back on the track, or sell it (if they lease it out in 2017). Bad medicine for RFR.

Adam Stern is reporting that Farmers won't renew with the #5 after 2017. Larson to the #5 confirmed?!?

I'm not trying to sound like a dick when I say this but this running joke about Harvick going to the 5 is so burned out and maybe that's the point of it but still
Sorry, but I think you can expect us to keep flogging that horse until Kasey's out of that ride (for whatever reason) and his replacement is named.

Maybe not even then. :blush:

Not to be negative nancy, lots of sponsors lately going away, more than the ones coming in.

I'd be surprised if Roush isn't two cars next year. Maybe Reed can be the 3rd car in a couple years.

Back
Top Bottom