Singer Pitbull takes Ownership Role at Trackhouse Racing

Here are links to a couple of his music videos. But if anyone is offended by some serious female booty shaking then you may want to pass these up... or if the mods think they are to strong for a G-rated audience then they can delete them or send them to the basement.
Pitbull - Get Ready ft. Blake Shelton - YouTube
Pitbull - Free Free Free ft. Theron Theron - YouTube
I'd forgotten about these. One makes me want to listen to 'Black Betty', the other really makes me want to listen to Buster Poindexter's 'Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot'.

I won't lose sleep over it, and I doubt he will either.

You post nothing.
Nope. I tried when I first joined here, and found I was almost always late. I don't appreciate it when someone posts something that's already up in two other discussions, especially when a new discussion is started for the outdated content. I decided if I didn't like that, that I wasn't going to be that guy. I have zero social media filtering skills and don't know how to separate the reliable sources from the unreliable. As much as I dislike posting outdated content, I would truly hate to post something completely incorrect.

I can't do it right, and I don't feel there's anything to gain by my doing it wrong. Look at the posts spawned here by a well-intentioned but incorrect post.

My post did exactly as intended, it started conversation when there wasnt any happening. Plus just because trackhouse dismissed it as fake news doesn't mean it's 100% false. Even tabloids normally have some shred of truth behind click bait.

My post did exactly as intended, it started conversation when there wasnt any happening. Plus just because trackhouse dismissed it as fake news doesn't mean it's 100% false. Even tabloids normally have some shred of truth behind click bait.
Point taken. In the same vein, I wouldn't have learned that there was another investor involved at Trackhouse.

The recent acquisition of a significant minority stake by billionaire Marc Lasry's Avenue Sports Fund

Three years and I still haven't listened to his music.

Mr. Worldwide is a commercial rapper. He kind of reminds me of Will Smith in the 90s. While I'm more of a fan of more explicit rap, Pitbull's music is usually more about positivity - which is part of why his popularity spans multiple generations and genres.

If I'm DJ'ing at a bar, Pitbull is one of the pretty default options on my playlist, along with David Guetta, Flo Rida, Usher and Taylor Swift. (There are ALWAYS Swifties in the crowd. In ANY crowd.)

In fact, I actually play Pitbull and Usher's music at the racetrack when I'm announcing.

As suspected, I can't listen fast enough to make out what's being said / sung, especially trying to wade through dominant bass and percussion lines. That's not unique to Pitbull for me; I have the same experience with almost all rap. Having to wear hearing aids doesn't help, and my inability to perceive gets worse when an artist uses current slang and phrases I'm not familiar with. And as noted earlier, sampling just leave me wanting to hear the original.
If I'm DJ'ing at a bar, Pitbull is one of the pretty default options on my playlist,
Another clue that his music isn't likely to be something I'll favor. If it's great for bar or club play, it's probably too rhythmic and percussive for me.

But thanks for the suggestions!

Reactions: sdj
Another clue that his music isn't likely to be something I'll favor. If it's great for bar or club play, it's probably too rhythmic and percussive for me.

Pitbull is a safe option in almost any crowd. I’ve DJ’d at a very redneck bar and his music has played to that crowd.

Taylor Swift is the only artist that is more likely to win over a large segment of your audience because there are Swifties in EVERY room.

I am saddened by the dismissive and cynical attitudes displayed...
Another celebrity flavor of the month.
Add him to the list of celebrities one of the good ole boys convinced they should drop money into the sport and got out pretty quickly after.

"Pitbull" is a founding partner/co-owner of Trackhouse, along with majority owner Justin Marks. From a dream and a concept, but no cars, no employees, no sponsors... to a winning cup team and recently expanded to a very competitive MotoGP team. I don't care for that type of music, but so what? Many others do.

I hope Pitbull sticks around long term... but if he doesn't, I'm still grateful for his important contributions to building a successful and dynamic race team. Some people seem to think Nascar would be better off with more teams like Leavine Family or Starcom Racing rather than a team that contends for wins quite often.

This was the first time I ever listened to his music. I heard him as a good rapper that does not curse, degrade women or Law Enforcement personnel. Plus he invested in Nascar to help make it better.

I am not at all a Rap fan, never have been but, I did like the Disco beat in the music.

As far a Taylor Swift goes, you can have her.

This was the first time I ever listened to his music. I heard him as a good rapper that does not curse, degrade women or Law Enforcement personnel. Plus he invested in Nascar to help make it better.

I am not at all a Rap fan, never have been but, I did like the Disco beat in the music.

As far a Taylor Swift goes, you can have her.

And I’m the opposite on rap music. I went to a majority black high school so I grew up with a steady diet of gangsta rap and explicit rap.

What’s actually funny is how many classmates I got to listen to Johnny Cash because of Folsom Prison Blues.

I do like Pitbull because of the above reasons.

I think I may have put this on here a long time ago, but Pitbull and Blake Shelton did a pretty good one together.

Reactions: sdj
I think I may have put this on here a long time ago, but Pitbull and Blake Shelton did a pretty good one together.
Yeah, that's the one that makes me want to listen to 'Black Betty' instead. I have that problem with sampling; it always makes me want to listen to the work the sample was taken from.

Otherwise, I don't know enough about rap music to have an informed opinion. I do have an opinion, but I acknowledge it's an ignorant one.

Now, if you'll excuse me, 'Under Pressure' is playing...

This was the first time I ever listened to his music.
I found the changes in tempo to be jarring. It started smoothly enough and then I was sucker-punched. I have the same issue with (what I think is) 'Good Night' by (I think) the Black-eyed Peas.

Back
Top Bottom