SiriusXM's NASCAR Radio - Today's, not so hidden, agenda.....

What do you have against Bagley? I've always liked the MRN guys :idunno:
He loves his own voice. He calls a battle for 20th like somebody going for the race win. His input is absolutely nothing. Then, we get the chance to listen to him brag about being on TV for a week. Other than that, I think he is awesome.

What do you have against Bagley? I've always liked the MRN guys :idunno:
To be candid, I prefer PRN by a lot over the MRN stuff. Much more humble....less drama.....call the race the way it plays out. Love Doug Rice and Brad Gille.

To be candid, I prefer PRN by a lot over the MRN stuff. Much more humble....less drama.....call the race the way it plays out. Love Doug Rice and Brad Gille.

I couldn't tell you the last time I actually listened to a radio broadcast of the race. Glenn Jarrett was always one of my favorites

PRN only has like 12-14 races so they can’t puff out their chest like Dave.

Got to see Bagley during the rain delay.
Reminded me of Barney Fife with a Rodney Dangerfield shirt tug thrown in for good measure.

I had a 2-hour drive home that coincided with the start of the race in Richmond last week. I think it was MRN? It was almost completely pointless to listen to. I had no idea what was going on, every once in a while, they'd list the top 5 positions if they found time between commercials and just yacking back and forth. If it wasn't for the car noises in the background, I wouldn't have been sure they were at the track. It was over an hour into my drive before they bothered to read off positions past 5th place. At one-point Harvick is suddenly in 4th place and they give no explanation or even mention the march to the front. Mostly they just talked back and forth about racing related stuff without calling the race. I made it home by the final stage, so I don't know how they called that segment.

Moody has been a little bit better lately I guess based off personal experience.

I have to admit listening to Sirius the past week had been pretty enjoyable with the subs in. I listened to more morning drive this past week than the whole year combined

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I have to admit listening to Sirius the past week had been pretty enjoyable with the subs in. I listened to more morning drive this past week than the whole year combined

100%.....When you listen to the channel as much as I do, you start to believe that there is nothing to discuss in the offseason listening to the goofballs in the morning....and then the subs, who actually care about the sport, make the channel what it always should be. The producers need to be fired in addition to the on air "talent."

Pete was providing more great insight this morning. Basically saying it's only the old fans that care about the return to North Wilkesboro. Said he was talking to his nephews and they're really excited about the Chicago Street course instead. Wow people from the Chicago area excited about a race coming to the area??? Tell me it ain't so! Great sample size there buddy!

Pete was providing more great insight this morning. Basically saying it's only the old fans that care about the return to North Wilkesboro. Said he was talking to his nephews and they're really excited about the Chicago Street course instead. Wow people from the Chicago area excited about a race coming to the area??? Tell me it ain't so! Great sample size there buddy!

It is remarkable to me how much more enjoyable NASCAR Radio is when the regulars are on vacation. I really don't know who loves the channel because of the hosts...with a couple of exceptions.

I heard the conversation. She said making all the cars equal were akin to communism, she wanted to go back to the old cars where crews could build their own stuff.
I loved last season and the fact that, with a more level playing field, some drivers I'd hardly paid attention to before were suddenly running up front and winning races. But that sure seemed to upset some drivers and fans (such as that woman who called in).

Like others here, I LOVED the recent spell of stand-ins while the regular hosts were on vacay. I had pretty much given up on listening to Moody's show. But while driving one day I tuned in and found Brad there running a much more enjoyable show.

As for not-so-hidden agendas, it seems to me that every so often the channel starts pushing either "the Cup races are too long!" or "the Cup season is too long!" But neither idea ever seems to get much traction.

Was listening to the late shift and it sounds like Hammond is leaving to pursue other things. Sounds like maybe a movie? Wonder if they're getting a replacement or Gordon will do both nights.

Gordon was a little rough around the edges when he started but now he's probably one on my favorite hosts. His stories and technical knowledge is great!

Was listening to the late shift and it sounds like Hammond is leaving to pursue other things. Sounds like maybe a movie? Wonder if they're getting a replacement or Gordon will do both nights.

Gordon was a little rough around the edges when he started but now he's probably one on my favorite hosts. His stories and technical knowledge is great!

Agreed. Give me Todd two nights a week for the win. 100%.

Sounds like starting next week we'll be getting Todd Gordon x 2 on the late shift. Man the more I listen to this guy the more interesting he gets

Sounds like starting next week we'll be getting Todd Gordon x 2 on the late shift. Man the more I listen to this guy the more interesting he gets
Agreed. He is awesome. Just enough bias to hate him. More than enough knowledge to respect him.

I still don't like the playoff format. Even if Pete says I'm supposed to! :p
Pete is an ass. He loves nothing more that to stick it to the fans who disagree with him....and then mocks them relentlessly. Kind of like Moody. Big men.

Pete is an ass. He loves nothing more that to stick it to the fans who disagree with him....and then mocks them relentlessly. Kind of like Moody. Big men.
I think Pete is just a follower. He can be a real jerk when Bags is with him but when they have a sub he's a completely different person

I think Pete is just a follower. He can be a real jerk when Bags is with him but when they have a sub he's a completely different person

I dont really care about these goofs, not one has ever turned a wrench.

I will be holding a 24 hour prayer vigil in the hopes that Pete takes his "cultivated voice" the hell away from NASCAR Radio. Won't you join me? Gonna have to pray hard because Pete being Pete, he is floating this out there for attention. Likely going nowhere.

I will be holding a 24 hour prayer vigil in the hopes that Pete takes his "cultivated voice" the hell away from NASCAR Radio. Won't you join me? Gonna have to pray hard because Pete being Pete, he is floating this out there for attention. Likely going nowhere.
Like I've said Pete's a follower so I don't totally dislike him. On the other hand it wouldn't break my heart if they got someone else on TMD that would stand up to Bags

I mainly listen in the afternoon. Moody is getting old. If someone calls and kisses his ass , he's fine. He bullys and cuts people off that disagree with him or Nascar. When someone actually makes sense he freaks out. Lots callers complaints this week about the the halftime show. He more or less was calling them racist. Id much rather SXM have a Motorsports channel that wasn't affiliated with Nascar.

I mainly listen in the afternoon. Moody is getting old. If someone calls and kisses his ass , he's fine. He bullys and cuts people off that disagree with him or Nascar. When someone actually makes sense he freaks out. Lots callers complaints this week about the the halftime show. He more or less was calling them racist. Id much rather SXM have a Motorsports channel that wasn't affiliated with Nascar.
I heard somewhere, probably on one of the shows, that nascar provides substantial funding to support this channel. Shocking that no one disagrees with the sanctioning body!

I heard somewhere, probably on one of the shows, that nascar provides substantial funding to support this channel. Shocking that no one disagrees with the sanctioning body!

That’s why my NASCAR listening is pretty much Door Bumper Clear along with occasional DJD

Does anyone know what Pete's big announcement was? I tried googling, no luck. Then I tried scrolling back through his Twitter but gave up before I found anything.

Back
Top Bottom