Sniffle sniffle waahh

paul

Team Owner
Walhit sounds like Gordon at Martinsville. Crying about the track wrecking him, and not himself. :)

Bet rallygirl would be offended by his remark about a rally track!:)

Yeah, what the hell was he talking about "The Rally Channel"?

What a maroon.

Because it came when Gordon whined.

Should it be different for Waltrip? :)

:D

I love the whiners......it gives us so much to talk about!!:)

I had a blast busting on Gordon when he was whining at Martinsville.

But how did I know the rules would all be changed for Waltrip? :)

Originally posted by racer8
Nope and it shouldn't be for any of them.

Then what did you mean by the, "How did I know this was coming" comment. As if you just can't believe someone would say that about your DEI drivers. :)

Well I couldn't argue with you........Mikey was whining!!:)

Let me see if I can play devil's advocate.

Everyone knows Homestead is the worst track on the circuit....NASCAR should drop it next year. No one can race on this useless track.........give us a good track to race on!! This race shouldn't count because it means nothing.....just a terrible track!!

Mikey was only saying that......he's right!:(

That work for you?:)

Racer8, it just feels different when it's your driver on the block huh? Don't worry, I know the feeling. :)

Anyway, enjoy the race.

It is a bad track, but it seems to be working for the other 40+ drivers. Weird.

I always thought of NHIS as the worst track, but you're right they are both bad.

Originally posted by paul
Yeah, what the hell was he talking about "The Rally Channel"?

What a maroon.

I'm surprised he didn't give Speed Channel their air time like he does with every one of his sponsors. At least he didn't try to blame it on somebody else. But, he needs to learn that every track isn't going to be like Daytona.

I think that ISC knew that if they did not do something that their pitiful Homestead track would be dropped from the schedule so they teamed up with their butt buddies at Nascar and got it moved to the last race of the season for some drama.

A handful of different leaders and thank goodness there was some points racing going or that would have been awful!!

That track is the first one I would bulldoze if they would just give me the chance!

Kel

Originally posted by paul
Walhit sounds like Gordon at Martinsville.  Crying about the track wrecking him, and not himself. :)

Don't remember Gordon wrecking at Martinsville:eek:

And what is a "maroon"?:p

Mikey said what EVERY driver out there was thinking! It's got to be real tough on them to know that if you are not glued to the bottom in the corners you are gonna get some skating time in. Difference between Mikey comments and Jeff's re: Martinsville. Everyone else seemed to like the changes at Martinsville, everyone seems to wish they would change Homestead!

Kel

Mikey is typical of many of today's Cup drivers. Put them on a track where they actually have to work for a living and they have no idea of what to do.

Homestead like NHIS and Phoenix and Pocono requires a far greater skill than most all the generic cookie-cutters. Too bad Shawna wasn't out there. He could have blamed his mistake on her.

Basically what 71fan said. Drivers need to stop whining about the harder tracks that actually require skill unlike Daytona or Talladega. It is a challenge I know, but thats what you are paid to do.

Like any other so called "professional" if it isn't easy they complain. If you know you can't be a foot outside your preferred line, you make the proper adjustments or pay the consequences.

The sport I compete in (look at the avatar) is all about a matter of inches. I've gone off line before under extreme conditions. I don't blame the ice of the course, I blame myself for not holding the line. But then again, I'm not a professional. I do it because I love it.

Right Paul?

Put them on a track where they actually have to work for a living and they have no idea of what to do.

Homestead like NHIS and Phoenix and Pocono requires a far greater skill than most all the generic cookie-cutters

So do you think there is no skill involved on the tracks where there is more than one groove and they can actually race each other? I love the quality of racing at Rockingham, Michigan, Charlotte and so many others where the drivers have room to RACE not just follow the leader. The tracks are not as much a problem as the screwing that NASCAR has done with the cars that makes them almost unmanageable outside of the "box". J Burton yesterday said that the track is virtually junk outside the groove bacause of the "marbles" that build up. If the teams could use tire compounds to combat that...but no they must use what Goodyear offers up. I hate the tracks that require a driver to maintain a certain line all the way around the track....that is not racing that is a joke.

Kel

Originally posted by freestyleperdue
Like any other so called "professional" if it isn't easy they complain.  If you know you can't be a foot outside your preferred line, you make the proper adjustments or pay the consequences.

The sport I compete in (look at the avatar) is all about a matter of inches.  I've gone off line before under extreme conditions.  I don't blame the ice of the course, I blame myself for not holding the line.  But then again, I'm not a professional. I do it because I love it.

Right Paul?

You got it, but there's no getting it across to some. One driver says the same thing and it's called whining, their driver does it and how dare anyone say their driver is whining.

Right Judas? :)

Originally posted by DJFan
So do you think there is no skill involved on the tracks where there is more than one groove and they can actually race each other?  

Who said that?

All he saying that on tracks that aren't cookie cutters most of these primidonnas start the rivers flowing.

I agree 100% with those who say that some drivers complain when it isn't an easy-to-drive track. Mikey would have a hell of a time in a series where driver skill played a large factor. But, then, look at the track where he's won his two races.

Originally posted by RockChalk
I agree 100% with those who say that some drivers complain when it isn't an easy-to-drive track.  Mikey would have a hell of a time in a series where driver skill played a large factor.  But, then, look at the track where he's won his two races.

And at how long it took him to get those 2 wins.

He's a dud IMO. Always was.

Michael never really has done much on the series. If you'll note, he's been around for over 15 years, and yet never finished in the top-10 in points (highest is 12th). There are but a small handful of people who manage to stick around that along without cracking the top-10. Heck, even Lake Speed, Bobby Hillin Jr., and Phil Parsons have finished the top-10 in WC points (1985, 1986, and 1988, respectively). But not Michael.

Hmmmm...seems like he could get a clue on whats going on. If he can't drive in that series, except for two tracks, then go somewhere else.

But hey, he's on DEI so he doesn't have to perform. The rules are different for him. :)

Oh I forgot paul. I guess the same goes for Park too then huh?:D

4 pages of people saying stuff, but you focus on me.

Fergy, I won't go out with you now stop stalking me.

You started the thread.....you also had a post to another thread that said something to the effect of" I thought this issue was closed, it was yesterday." or something like that.

And you know I'm the best thing that ever happened to you...

;)

Back
Top Bottom