Sniffle sniffle waahh

I know I started the thread, and there are 40 responses to it.

Try fishing for someone else.

I think alot of sport fans miss the big picture. You, as a fan don't own the team, the franchise, the player. As a fan you should be rooting for the team, franchise...

If you look at the DEI garage, the franchise is now DEI in name only. The patriarch is gone. Were you on the Dale Jr bandwagon before we lost Dale Sr.? When was their ever a big following for Michael Waltrip? Steve Park?

Dale Jr. will never be the achiever his father was unless he can focus on the priority of being a champion.

Michael will never be a Darrell.

Steve Park will never run a championship season. Great modified driver, but not a Cup contender.

The Wallace boys are another example. Rusty had his day in the sun. Mike and Kenny have their niche but not Cup contenders.

Look how long it took Dale Jarrett to come into his own. But then look at what he did when he turned that corner.

Remember, you as the fan only need to look at the entertainment of the sporting event and don't try to disect the inner workings of the franchise. You'll enjoy the big picture a whole lot better by not getting hung up on only one individual person, team or organization.

Was I happy Tony won? Sure. Would I have liked to have seen Mark Martin win? Of course. One of the rookies? Fantastic. Busch from 8th in the points to third in just a few short weeks. Great entertainment. See my point. I enjoy the whole scope of the show and don't get hung up on just one individual or group. I find it entertaining.

I've been following this racing stuff since the early 60's and I've always enjoyed just seeing a good event. This has kept it very interesting for me for 40 years.

Just my thoughts....

Originally posted by freestyleperdue
I

Dale Jr. will never be the achiever his father was unless he can focus on the priority of being a champion.

Michael will never be a Darrell.

Steve Park will never run a championship season. Great modified driver, but not a Cup contender.

Never say Never

Shucks, I been trying to ride the Kerry Bandwagon for a few years now....dern wheels keep falling off the thing.

Junior seems typical of the not quite so young gun anymore. They all seem to go thru a period of adjustment when it's no longer guts and glory. Takes a few hard shots to the wall but they all go thru it....at least the good ones do.

Others settle in and muddle around for any number of years before they find themselves in the right place at the right time for the win. Some never get that first win. Doesn't mean they are not good drivers, only means the wall caught em and they ain't quite got the stuff any more.

Not saying they lost their nerve. Saying that they have come to understand discrection. In order to win consistantly at the Cup level, a driver HAS to take chances above and beyond simply driving around the track waiting for the chance. In order to win, a driver must drive to the front, not wait for everybody else to slow down.

Is this where Junior is today? Has he lost the willingness to drive deep and come off loose? Lot's of drivers do. Seems that Steve Park lost it. Kinda wonder if Mikey ever had it.

Michael is already a Darrell in some ways. He never shuts up, he never says anything of substance, he whines without end, he thinks he is much funnier than he is, and I won't miss him when he's gone from the sport. Toss in a little bit of talent and the willingness to wreck anything he can't pass, and you have Darrell all over again.

Ask Lennie Pond how much a gentleman DW is.

Back
Top Bottom