So I am a little confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
55YRQKJ.png

How is Ryan Newman and Matt Kenseth (with no wins) higher than Brad Kez with six wins? Just...what? I thought this points system was supposed to reward wins. o_O

But doesn't he points for his regular season and Chase wins though?

No, I believe you are seeded based on how you did for the 3 races during that round. Even though they'll all have the same amount of points, they go by who had a better 3 race stretch.

No, I believe you are seeded based on how you did for the 3 races during that round. Even though they'll all have the same amount of points, they go by who had a better 3 race stretch.

....Remember when Brian said he was going to simplify the points system? What happened to that? That was actually pretty nice.

Wins get you in the Chase. After the reset, a win advances you to the next round. After the next reset, wins again advance you. It's just like any other playoff. It's not rocket science.

Wow, things are really circling here tonight. Have a good one guys :)

All this over a bunch of guys who are tied? Why does it matter what order the names are in?

It just kind of odd seem people with light years better stats and numbers being behind guys who have no wins and barely any top 5s is all.

The thing about playoffs is that they're unpredictable. Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson's eliminations is every bit as riveting as the Detroit Tigers and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim being eliminated in the ALDS in the MLB Postseason by teams they were supposed to beat, with ease.

Hell, Brad Keselowski on the brink of being eliminated before his clutch performance in that G-W-C.

But, it sucks. Because [insert driver name here] was eliminated.

NASCAR fans would be worshipping the thing if Jr won today and Kyle and Jimmie were both eliminated.
Not necessarily the case. There are two Toyota drivers left who wouldn't have had a chance in hell in any previous format, but that doesn't change my mind about it much.

But, it sucks. Because [insert driver name here] was eliminated.

NASCAR fans would be worshipping the thing if Jr won today and Kyle and Jimmie were both eliminated.

yep, you have to consider the source around here. You can almost tell what is going to get said whenever their star gets the axe. Whatever. good racing IMO. Next week is going to be a good one. Kez pulled one out of the hat today.

It just kind of odd seem people with light years better stats and numbers being behind guys who have no wins and barely any top 5s is all.
I get that... except then I look at the standings before the reset...and its obvious lol same order except Brad moves from 12th 8th because of the win and Kyle got the boot.

I'm a Ford guy. This sport has evolved to the point that I've adjusted my brand preference and have begun instead, following drivers, although I try to retain some brand loyalty. It's fun to hash with the Shivvy guys even though I want Kyle Larson to win so bad I can taste it.
I fight with myself on the weekends because I do not like the direction that the sport is going. I'm not against change but if there is going to be change, let it be for the better. IMO, Brian France is ruining the sport and I'll dance on the front grass if he has a heart attack and dies. I'll take my chances with the big guy upstairs for hoping for Brian's demise.
I don't watch qualifying anymore. Before, if I was at the track, I'd grab a breakfast beverage, my scanner and headset and head to my seat when the cars took the track. I don't even GAF about qualifying anymore. It is almost like someone died. I miss something that I cannot replace or fix. I'm pissed off because my sport is changing to the point that I'm seriously considering not following. I'm not excited about qualifying anymore. I'm not excited about who wins anymore, because I don't care who wins the silly Championship. I DO care about the quality of racing and while I can agree that the racing has been good this year, I don't care who wins the Championship because I believe the term "Champion" has lost considerable relevance.
I remember sitting with my dad, watching guys like Pearson, Petty, Allisons, Kulwicki, Waltrip, Earnhardt, etc. I remember getting excited, looking forward to the weekend event. I'm not excited anymore. I really do not look forward to the next event. I can take it or leave it. I spend thousands of dollars to attend races each year. I enjoy the time that I spend with family at these events but I find that I enjoy the time with family and friends more than I enjoy the racing. It used to be that you couldn't talk to me unless there was a caution. I can have BBQs at home with family and save a lot of money.
I think that the ratings and attendance numbers reflect that I'm not alone. People are losing interest in NASCAR. Brian overhauled a sport that did not need an overhaul.
I cannot speak for everyone but Brian France's changes are ruining a sport that I truly once loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom