So what do you think?

Spotter22

Team Owner
Lots of banter today on the radio about IF Harvick hadn't wrecked he would have given the 78 a run for his money. Agree or no? Me ? I absolutely do .......................NOT ;)

Probably would have been closer to him than everyone else, but I still think Truex would've won. They made really good adjustments throughout the race. On a funny side note, Harvick was outrunning guys in the back even with no fenders or rear end. I even saw him compete with Kyle for a few laps.

With the short amount of time we got to see Harvick in an un-wrecked car, I wouldn't want to draw too many conclusions. He was certainly fast up until the wreck, and Larson and Busch were at least able to hang in the same zip code with Truex, so it's not a stretch to think Harvick couldn't have done that too, but who knows?

No way to know for me. The vagaries of auto racing and all that.

I've got a feeling that, now that the 78 team is firing on all cylinders, they're just going to dominate at the superspeedways again. If the Toyotas have their edge back, it's over.

Given his performance so far this year, I'd say a solid top 5 wouldn't have been out of the question, but we will never know. As my buddy Bubba says, " it's hard to say not knowing".

Who knows? Not me --- my Ouija board quit working.
Well I know it wasnt the end of the race but I was watching the raw feed of the lap times and Truex was considerably faster and had actually put 4 seconds on Harvick before his crash. Nothing is certain but death and taxes but that 78 was wicked fast

that doesn't mean much when two cars are fighting side by side taking each other's line and air away and the other is out front in clean air.

I can guess the winners of all the remaining 1.5/2.0 mile tracks (non-plate) and probably get 75% correct.

That's how predictable the racing is at these places now.

Remember the beginning of last season when people were saying JGR was in trouble because of underperformance with the new Toyota? Then came in around Pocono and lit it up?

I look for a familiar trend with HMS and the Camaro.

While FRR and JGR are wicked fast right now, I hope they enjoy the honeymoon while it lasts.

that doesn't mean much when two cars are fighting side by side taking each other's line and air away and the other is out front in clean air.
Sure it does. He wasnt in dirty air the whole time. I watched the 78 come from the back at Vegas and gain time on the leaders.

I think he would have won if he hadn't screwed up. Lots of extended green flag runs, tire wear all the stuff he has exploited during the three race win streak.
Fastest happy hour, and fastest HH 10 lap plus run too.
I have always respected Harvicks ability to be smart and an opportunistic, but he just threw it away yesterday.

In the big scheme it will be alright. I think he will recover in the points and make the chase. In spite of the P-L-A-Y-O-F-F implications that unfolded yesterday.

yeah the screwed up points system, puts Truex in the number one position, but both have made the first round playoffs already.

yeah the screwed up points system, puts Truex in the number one position, but both have made the first round playoffs already.
Yeah I am a truex fan, but I'm with you on this one how does he leapfrog harvick in the points so easily seems strange

Yeah I am a truex fan, but I'm with you on this one how does he leapfrog harvick in the points so easily seems strange
Simple. The 78 has better finishes combined. 18th his worst finish, all others in the top 5 with one being a win. Harvick has 3 wins but 2 finishes outside the top 30.

All I know is it could of been fun watching that battle between them.

Simple. The 78 has better finishes combined. 18th his worst finish, all others in the top 5 with one being a win. Harvick has 3 wins but 2 finishes outside the top 30.
And a points penalty.

7 people leap-frogged Harvick, not just Truex.

I think Harvick had the field covered .. as he has at every race except the coin toss track at Daytona ( the one cowhat won)
I don't know what they have found or what the heck they are doing but I hope some others catch up soon.

I think these click bait threads need to have an actual topic in the title that's what I think

I think that the thread has a clear topic and that it was a successful attempt at starting conversation. Catchy titles are cool ..... and its usually safe to click on them ;)

the 78 would have blew harvick away too. that car was far better than everyones car after that first pit stop

Back
Top Bottom