Solar Eclipse 2017!

It's gonna be spotty for a moment but I'll be fine. Lmao.

It'll be hilarious if people in my area truly stare at it. We are barely getting an eclipse so you will essentially be sitting there staring at the sun in all its bright, firey, glory for no damn reason.

I dont know if I will watch at work today doing development work, it is really going to be a hectic day. I probably wouldnt even go outside if I could, no glasses, no plan. To much work needs to be done anyway.

Where my wife works they are closing for one hour, and everyone will use their lunch hour for the eclipse.
The bank has bought every employee glasses, they are bringing in food etc, and plan on doing a parking lot party.

The weather in the path of totality is pretty much ideal except of course for Nebraska. Partly to mostly cloudy skies around the time of totality in Beatrice. Hoping for some luck.

20882977_10154828067071297_560589212979566354_n.jpg

I think we are to be at or about 75% here, so I don't expect much other than the similarity of a cloudy day. I think if I were one of the one's lucky enough to live in its total eclipse path, I'd be much more interested in it. If I lived within a 30 minute drive of that path, I may be interested enough to take my lunch hour there. Taking a day or more off work to go watch this seems kind of ridiculous to simply see it get dark for a few minutes. I/you experience that every single evening. I think it's kind of overrated. ;) Well, with the exception of Friday and Saturday nights. Those are usually pretty good.

I think we are to be at or about 75% here, so I don't expect much other than the similarity of a cloudy day. I think if I were one of the one's lucky enough to live in its total eclipse path, I'd be much more interested in it. If I lived within a 30 minute drive of that path, I may be interested enough to take my lunch hour there. Taking a day or more off work to go watch this seems kind of ridiculous to simply see it get dark for a few minutes. I/you experience that every single evening. I think it's kind of overrated. ;) Well, with the exception of Friday and Saturday nights. Those are usually pretty good.
The 2024 eclipse will fit your needs better, that comes up through Ohio it looks like.

Starting to lighten back up. Pretty cool. Got a little over 1/3rd coverage here.

I definitely enjoyed it. I wouldnt have driven as far as a lot of the people here did, but my drive was worth it. We had both clouds and sun, thankfully many breaks in the clouds. I didnt take my camera so all I have is my phone picture.

Got one good luck as the clouds broke, definitely different from what I expected

We had a total eclipse here...... second one for me..... I was living in Montana in '79 when one grazed the Pacific Northwest.... Kinda' neat to see..... but... I wouldn't drive to see it...

We were in the 90-something percent totality.

Was pretty cool. Didn't take any photos because I didn't want to risk doing any damage to the camera.

Got some cloud cover during the peak and got to see a little sliver. Pretty neat.

It was also pretty neat how it cooled down what felt like about 10-15 degrees during totality.

We had 86% but it was heavily overcast and rainy. With the heavy overcast it got very dark but that's all she wrote down here. Couldn't see a thing.

Friend of mine near Dallas got this --- about the same for me.
20988115_10156535937954606_2336315949731757567_o.jpg
I was about to post, but you beat me to it. Did you see my dark photo? Focus wasn't as sharp since I was trying to guestimate something i couldn't really see. My 500mm lens is broken so I have to hold everything together and hold 3 hands' worth of stuff in 2.

20988968_10156535907619606_1241769229337330154_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom