Solar Eclipse 2017!

Got to see the partial eclipse here in Miami Beach today. Neighbors had a pair of solar glasses that my dad and I got to look through for a minute. A bunch of clouds rolled in after 80% peak eclipse, and we got to see the crescent sun "racing" through the clouds without eclipse glasses.

Direct sunshine quit feeling hot towards the peak (even before the clouds rolled in), but it barely got any darker than usual. The clouds that rolled in later caused more darkness than the eclipse itself.

They work well. The last time there was a partial eclipse close to Houston, my school let all of the students and faculty go out into the yard to watch. Most of us had the simple little box and it worked well.

And the eclipse in 2024 will come right over my house!

Fort Worth and Dallas will also be in the path of totality!

Unless you were in totality, yesterday was the most overhyped bunch of nonsense since Y2K. And even then I'm not sure totality would have been worth the hype.

What I saw thru the glasses yesterday was literally the same thing I saw on google images. No extra affect, nothing. Just a crescent sun.

Unless you were in totality, yesterday was the most overhyped bunch of nonsense since Y2K. And even then I'm not sure totality would have been worth the hype.

What I saw thru the glasses yesterday was literally the same thing I saw on google images. No extra affect, nothing. Just a crescent sun.

I don't know, I thought it was pretty great. But the again, I appreciate the small things in life that most people could care less about.

All our kids got together in Charlston SC and saw the totality.
It was a memory of a lifetime for them as they were so pleased
they made the effort to get together and see it.

Here is my first official attempt at a youtube video (slideshow). Kinda rough editing
first the time out but I think you will get the point.

Back
Top Bottom