Spire Motorsports

wi_racefan

Team Owner
Figured I'd just start a thread for them. Between cup and trucks they'll be making a lot of moves this off season.

Have they named the truck series drivers for next year yet and I missed it?

In a world of go big or go home, they chose big. Still wondering why all of this is happening NOW all at once. They are suddenly spending money like a Powerball winner.

In a world of go big or go home, they chose big. Still wondering why all of this is happening NOW all at once. They are suddenly spending money like a Powerball winner.

With the amount they are spending, there seemingly HAS to more to it than just a sponsorship.

They paid enough money to get Eddie Dhont (sp) away from Chase Elliot and Josh Williams away from Ryan Blaney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the amount they are spending, there seemingly HAS to more to it than just a sponsorship.
Gainbridge is aligned with Andretti Autosports as a part owner. Link to an article written prior to Spire acquisition of second charter:

Gainbridge is aligned with Andretti Autosports as a part owner. Link to an article written prior to Spire acquisition of second charter:

I get all that, but unless they are making a FAR BIGGER commitment than what is known publicly, it doesn't explain the HUGE amount of coin they are dropping.

I could not tell you the car numbers or drivers of Spire's cars with any hooe of certainty. I think they field two but wouldn't swear to it.

I get all that, but unless they are making a FAR BIGGER commitment than what is known publicly, it doesn't explain the HUGE amount of coin they are dropping.
Perhaps they feel a public explanation of the size of their commitment is not required at this time. Dan Towriss seems to know what he’s doing.

Call me crazy, but Spire is building something that might be contending for wins in the near future

Another competitive team in NASCAR, I'd say that's a huge positive for the sport. I could see them getting a win or two this year, maybe Corey @ Atlanta or something.

Just hope it isn't one of those deals Ginn where they come out of the box strong and spend a ton then fall off a cliff

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Kaulig is the one I'm worried about falling off a cliff. I think Spire could shock some people. The other team that shouldn't stray too far from the panic button is SHR. I just can't see ANY reason to be optimistic about their lineup or their relative lack of veteran leadership. And not to beat a dead horse, but I wouldn't count from help from ole Smoke. His plate just got a LOT more full....

Kaulig is the one I'm worried about falling off a cliff. I think Spire could shock some people. The other team that shouldn't stray too far from the panic button is SHR. I just can't see ANY reason to be optimistic about their lineup or their relative lack of veteran leadership. And not to beat a dead horse, but I wouldn't count from help from ole Smoke. His plate just got a LOT more full....
I know it sounds dumb but I actually think Kevin stepping away might help them out. Sounds like the team had kind of been split in that they were working in 2 different directions. No one could drive the #4 setups and he couldn't drive other setups

Back
Top Bottom