Sports Trivia...??

• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
The 1992 Olympics marked the first time the United States sent professional athletes to compete in __________.

5292005Boston_Beaneaters.jpg

1883 - 1906

You know I hate trivia games.
The pic is of Fred Tenney of the Boston Red Stockings. Also known as the Boston Beaneaters, Doves, Rustlers and Bees.
They later moved to Milwaukee and changed their name to what it still remains. It was the move after Milwaukee that they became known as "America's Favorite Team". They are the only team to have won the World Series in 3 different cities.
This year they were sold by Time Warner to the Liberty Media Group. Which has all but taken them off of TBS where they have long been a staple. Mostly due to a prior owner, Ted Turner.
But, gosh darn it, I just can't remember what their name is. It escapes me. So if someone else wants to take a guess please do...

:D

Actualy they were the Boston Braves before they moved to Milwakee. When the Red Sox were away, the Braves would play. Mom used to take me to games and taught me how to score a game.
Your turn bp, so ask away!

Oh, okayyyyy....
What's an NBA player deemed to be if he's received the Maurice Podoloff Trophy?

Since no one has asked a Trivia question in over a month I am taking the liberty of asking one.

Name the baseball player that played for 3 different major league teams which all had the same last name.

Since no one has asked a Trivia question in over a month I am taking the liberty of asking one.

Name the baseball player that played for 3 different major league teams which all had the same last name.

Braves

I will take a crack at it and say Tyler Yates
Tyler Yates played for the New York Mets and the Atlanta Braves. He was not the baseball player that played for the 3 teams that had the same last name:
Boston Braves
Milwaukee Braves
Atlanta Braves

Try again and name the player that played for them all.

Nope, the great Hammerin' Hank did not play for the Boston Braves.

No to both players. Babe Ruth did not play for any of the 3 Braves teams. Bobby Thomson did not play for the Boston Braves or the atlanta braves.

I know you don't like for people to research these questions, but I just had to and finally found the answer. Eddie Mathews played for the Braves in all three cities. :cool:

I know you don't like for people to research these questions, but I just had to and finally found the answer. Eddie Mathews played for the Braves in all three cities. :cool:
No problem. You are correct, it was the great 3rd baseman Eddie Matthews. Matthews had over 500 home runs in his career. Your go Buck.

What college football team holds the record for winning 47 consecutive times, a record that still stands. The coach of that team also never lost a conference game from 1946 through 1959, suffering only two ties during that period.

Name the coach and the school.

This one should be very easy.

Yeah, that was an easy question. :) Remember, that was during my time. :)

"Bud" Wilkinson coach of Oklahoma.

Very legendary in the state of Oklahoma and won a seat in congress for a while. Some of those old records are just amazing and may never be broken.

Yer go "old" man. :)

This may be a difficult question and I may have to give some hints:

He was one of the top 10 pitchers in the late 60's and early 70's. His two complete-game victories in the 19?? World Series are two of the best-pitched games in Series history. In that World Series he gave up 7 hits (total) and had an ERA of 1.0 in pitching 18 innings.

Back
Top Bottom