Sprint Cup Regulars Invading Lower-Tier Series

67aJAd8.jpg

Venturini Motorsports still does this in Arca......

uploadfromtaptalk1385820446890.jpg

It's a Monte Camry. A Monte Carlo with Camry headlights.

I didn't see the other post on this:oops: Opposite though:D

Got a better grade than I expected - 95. Said I didn't use enough literary devices (though I knew this before turning it in), and there were a few grammar issues.

Have heard about the old ASA and TNN days, wish I had discovered racing back then. Sounds like it was great.
I was the first in my family to start watching the races right when I was finishing high school so it was too late to check out stuff like that
But yeah, the ARCA races at the big Cup series tracks are mostly garbage. Those short track events are usually something really great. Thats one of the things I really enjoy about the K&N Pro Series. They don't do any tracks above a mile in length(except road courses), so other than NH, Dover, Phoenix and Sonoma they don't use any cup facilities. Just good close short track racing.

I really enjoyed the NBCSN ARCA broadcasts. The ARCA races at the bigger tracks are terrible most of the time.

Got a better grade than I expected - 95. Said I didn't use enough literary devices (though I knew this before turning it in), and there were a few grammar issues.
Good job Dylan, you knew when you posted it that the pseudo intellectuals were going to try and tear it apart to try and feed their own ego's.

I really enjoyed the NBCSN ARCA broadcasts. The ARCA races at the bigger tracks are terrible most of the time.

Those races at big tracks do usually suck. I wish NBC would have covered the race at Elko, that was a really excellent race. And you would think being such a short track (its either the shortest or 2nd shortest after Berlin) that it would have been a wreckfest, but it was really good green flag racing. NBC would be doing such a great service for ARCA to get even more of those short track races on tv. ARCA should replace a few of those big tracks with some more short tracks too, much better events.

Are people really using NASCAR and technology in the same paragraph? NASCAR is about at anti technology as it gets.

Fuel injection ---------- continuous safety improvements ---------- cooling units for the driver ---------------- carbon monoxide scrubbers etc. etc.

And you know what? Pushrod V8s are still some of the most powerful, economical, reliable engines out there. GM's LS platform of engines are extremely popular for a reason.

Ford is expected to phase out all Normally Asiprated cars within the next five years. That's right, all turbos. The point is that NASCAR isn't anywhere close to being relevant to tomorrows production vehicles.

Ford is expected to phase out all Normally Asiprated cars within the next five years. That's right, all turbos. The point is that NASCAR isn't anywhere close to being relevant to tomorrows production vehicles.
There isn't one class of racing anywhere in the world that is close to today's production vehicles. Some look a bit more like production cars on the outside than others and Nascar is probably in the top five % of closeness.

Racing in F1 the last few years is as good as it has been in a long time. JMO.
I only watched the last race of the season in F1 a week or so ago. If that was any indication of the racing in that series then I see no interest in it. The only race in that particular race was to the first turn. From that point on the lead never changed hands.

I only watched the last race of the season in F1 a week or so ago. If that was any indication of the racing in that series then I see no interest in it. The only race in that particular race was to the first turn. From that point on the lead never changed hands.
There was a lot more action throughout the field. To each their own.

So Ford is switching all their cars to a 1980's technology?

and the average increase in price per motor is a thousand bucks. But the government has issued yet another edict to reduce emissions even more, something like 35% in 5 years.

and the average increase in price per motor is a thousand bucks. But the government has issued yet another edict to reduce emissions even more, something like 35% in 5 years.
At least in the 80's when they were turbo-charging everything, it was because the naturally aspirated versions of those motors were weaklings with double-digit horsepower. Today however, it's not uncommon for a naturally aspirated 4-cylinder to generate 160-180 HP, which is more than what many V-8's were producing in the late 70's and into the 80's.

Back
Top Bottom