SRX RACE thread --- Nashville Fairgrounds

So, would that make it every week either Tony Stewart or the celebrity ringer winning?

And that quickly, it's all over. Fun race, fun season.

Well done, Chase and Bill. Congrats to Tony on his championship and to Tony and Ray on what I would consider to be a successful first season of SRX. Let's do this again next year! ^_^

One thing I’ve noticed is these drivers get out these cars just pouring sweat and drinking liquids as soon as possible. You can tell they’ve actually drivin their ass off and look like a spent race car driver. And these races are very short.

I know the Cup car tech is much better at keeping the drivers safe and cool, but man does it look more badass to see these guys actually seem exhausted after racing.

One thing I’ve noticed is these drivers get out these cars just pouring sweat and drinking liquids as soon as possible. You can tell they’ve actually drivin their ass off and look like a spent race car driver. And these races are very short.

I know the Cup car tech is much better at keeping the drivers safe and cool, but man does it look more badass to see these guys actually seem exhausted after racing.
I don't think anyone is running a cool suit or helmet blower in SRX

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tin foil hat time: this was all a PR ruse to lobby for racing at the fairground.

Let's remember if this was completely scripted Bill and Chase would have crossed under the checkered side by side

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think something easy NASCAR could take from SRX is emphasizing the podium finishers.

I can’t wait to get my SRX diecast without a rear wing and the X decals peeling off upon delivery.
With the car number in the wrong place. And “ELIOT” printed on the door.

This was entertaining to watch for 6 weeks. Do it again next summer.

I liked the tracks with maybe one change to remove Stafford. Knoxville was ok but I can’t think of another dirt track that would be a better choice to replace it.

I’d like to see them increase their regular driver roster to 14 plus 2 ringers at each track for a total of 16. Keep the program the same but put 8 cars in each heat and run 2 separate heats instead of all cars running both heats. 7 regulars and 1 ringer in each heat.

Jeff Gordon as a ringer at IRP would be awesome since that is where he broke onto the national scene with ESPN Thunder. Kody Swanson could be a ringer again but he should be on pavement at IRP.

Earnhardt Jr at Nashville would be a great way for him to take the next step with lobbying for a return of the cup series to the fairgrounds. Bring Chase Elliott back as the 2nd ringer at the

I’d like to see Biffle and Kenseth run the whole series. Getting Kenseth to run as the ringer at Slinger would be a good addition if he won’t run all 6 races.

Dave Blaney would be a good choice as an Eldora ringer. Steve Kinser wouldn’t do it, but he would be an awesome choice with his IROC experience.

Others that would be worth asking:
Mark Martin
Carl Edwards
Robby Gordon
Juan Montoya
Sam Hornish
Scott Speed
Ron Hornaday
J.R. Hildebrand
Sarah Fisher

This was fun to watch.
And I think I heard that the cars this week are a bit hotter than usual because they're running mufflers.

Yeah that's what they said. I did some googling and looks like every race they're having there this year and in the future will have to follow that rule and run mufflers to keep the noise down. The only exception to that would be a nascar cup race. There's talk about them doing a lot of construction around the track with things to try and mitigate the noise. Just watching the race on TV if they do bring a cup race in there at a minimum they're going to need to double capacity there imo. But then there probably goes the character of the track.

This was entertaining to watch for 6 weeks. Do it again next summer.

I liked the tracks with maybe one change to remove Stafford. Knoxville was ok but I can’t think of another dirt track that would be a better choice to replace it.

I’d like to see them increase their regular driver roster to 14 plus 2 ringers at each track for a total of 16. Keep the program the same but put 8 cars in each heat and run 2 separate heats instead of all cars running both heats. 7 regulars and 1 ringer in each heat.

Jeff Gordon as a ringer at IRP would be awesome since that is where he broke onto the national scene with ESPN Thunder. Kody Swanson could be a ringer again but he should be on pavement at IRP.

Earnhardt Jr at Nashville would be a great way for him to take the next step with lobbying for a return of the cup series to the fairgrounds. Bring Chase Elliott back as the 2nd ringer at the

I’d like to see Biffle and Kenseth run the whole series. Getting Kenseth to run as the ringer at Slinger would be a good addition if he won’t run all 6 races.

Dave Blaney would be a good choice as an Eldora ringer. Steve Kinser wouldn’t do it, but he would be an awesome choice with his IROC experience.

Others that would be worth asking:
Mark Martin
Carl Edwards
Robby Gordon
Juan Montoya
Sam Hornish
Scott Speed
Ron Hornaday
J.R. Hildebrand
Sarah Fisher
Welcome to the board!

This was the only SRX race I watched, because, Chase and Bill were in it. Didn't nobody give crap to nobody, they raced their guts out and Chase won straight up.

The only AH in the Bunch was, as usual, Tracy. He is a straight up jerk, always has been.

Reactions: Pat
This was the only SRX race I watched, because, Chase and Bill were in it. Didn't nobody give crap to nobody, they raced their guts out and Chase won straight up.

The only AH in the Bunch was, as usual, Tracy. He is a straight up jerk, always has been.
I think thats why he was brought in. Even Tony and Ray recognize that motorsports needs a heel or someone with some extra edge in them to make for a good show.

Reactions: Pat
That was probably the most fun event I've seen on TV in some time as far as motorsports go.

Back
Top Bottom