SRX Racing Series 2024

Just announced Berlin August 1st

So we know Berlin and Stafford. Thunder Road is supposed to get a date because their race got moved to Stafford this past year. And I'm sure Eldora will be on the schedule.

Are those terrible tracks or something?
No, but 3/4 of them are tracks they went to before and all of them are waaaay up north (Wisconsin, Vermont, Connecticut, Michigan). I mean, we all know SRX isn't a serious racing series and that they are going around doing midweek exhibitions, so the idea of them running different tracks more frequently feels like part of the appeal for me as a viewer.

Again, I benefit since I can go see them in 2024 after having missed out on buying a ticket to the 2023 Berlin event. It works for me on that level, but beyond that, it isn't anything I'm going to pay attention to probably. I assume track capacity and past sales are part and parcel of why this is the slate of tracks.

Berlin was maybe the best event yet and Thunder Road is good to see confirmed back after getting cancelled for the flooding issues. But it kinda rings hollow when they boast about ~50 tracks trying to get in on hosting this thing and wind up repeating venues every other year or, in Stafford’s case, every year.

Berlin was maybe the best event yet and Thunder Road is good to see confirmed back after getting cancelled for the flooding issues. But it kinda rings hollow when they boast about ~50 tracks trying to get in on hosting this thing and wind up repeating venues every other year or, in Stafford’s case, every year.
I'm guessing it all comes down to one thing $$$

Stafford-5
Eldora-2
Knoxville
IRP
Slinger-2
Nashville-2
5 flags
South boston
I-55
sharon
Motor mile
Berlin-2
thunder road
Lucas oil
Tbd-2

15 tracks out of 24 potential races with 2 of 2024's unknown. Stafford obviously got the flooded out race last year but what about every other year...how much of that has to do with ESPN being based in Connecticut.

Stafford-5
Eldora-2
Knoxville
IRP
Slinger-2
Nashville-2
5 flags
South boston
I-55
sharon
Motor mile
Berlin-2
thunder road
Lucas oil
Tbd-2

15 tracks out of 24 potential races with 2 of 2024's unknown. Stafford obviously got the flooded out race last year but what about every other year...how much of that has to do with ESPN being based in Connecticut.
Stafford is a rarity in that it's a non-Cup track with SAFER and a lot of seating. I'm sure that's a big part of it. And SRX started as a timebuy on CBS, so I don't know why that ESPN would be a consideration in Years 1 & 2.

I hope the driver lineup can get Earnhardt Jr. & Gordon, Mayfield, etc sooner than later & perhaps other drivers like Travis Pastrana, Scott Speed, Bobby Pierce, Ricky Thornton Jr, Donny Schatz, Brad Sweet etc, and maybe a full 13 or 14 car field.

I’m not overly impressed with the schedule but Berlin, Slinger, Stafford are excellent tracks. I actually hope they find a couple new dirt tracks or drop Eldora for the year.

The X was much like XFL. I thought the series had potential, but 12 car fields and other factors were a bit disappointing.

That was my biggest fear in SRX becoming a redundant series after the IROC announcement. It's what SRX changed into with short tracks, now IROC will fill that same itch.

It sucks, as I enjoyed and it was entertaining. Just last season was so sloppy with Paul Tracy causing so much damage at some points, he had to be let go. Hopefully, we get a nice variety with local flavor and international talent.

It wasn’t always what I had initially imagined it would be, but it did make for solid summer programming when it was good. The crowds almost always looked packed - and even one of the 2024 events already sold out - I just don’t know if the show translated to TV. At times the caliber of driving talent definitely lacked, but it had its moments.

They had some really lofty goals; I remember them talking about 3M viewers per race at the beginning and that was just never going to happen. I wasn’t too surprised CBS dumped them after season 2 but thought Thursday Night Thunder was a good window. That was likely a time buy though. With all of the stuff they tore up on top of that, they probably weren’t ever close to making money.

With Smoke going back to full time I can't say I'm completely shocked by this

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I know we’re getting IROC back, but I’m sure that’s gonna be on big tracks like it was back in the day. Which is cool and all, because we will still see folks from all forms of Motorsports racing. But what I love about SRX, is the short tracks, and having current and past drivers from different Motorsports. It’s very grassroots type of racing feeling. So I hope they can get whatever needs to be worked out, worked out.

I know we’re getting IROC back, but I’m sure that’s gonna be on big tracks like it was back in the day. Which is cool and all, because we will still see folks from all forms of Motorsports racing. But what I love about SRX, is the short tracks, and having current and past drivers from different Motorsports. It’s very grassroots type of racing feeling. So I hope they can get whatever needs to be worked out, worked out.

IROC hasn’t even announced anything yet other than historic racing exhibitions.

Back
Top Bottom