SRX Racing Series 2024

Disappointed to see SRX shutter, but ratings weren’t showing gains. Maybe if they weren’t doing time buys and had a decent TV deal, they would still be around.

Maybe Dale Jr/Kevin Harvick/Jeff Burton could start something like SRX? Perhaps IMG/Endeavor or FOX Sports could start a mini series like SRX? I think there is a market for a 6-8 race series like SRX.

When you move from CBS to a cable network in ESPN and lose 2/3 of your viewership

For all the naysayers, it could be revived with a new investor/partner:

I wonder what caused their costs to rise to an "unsustainable" level? Maybe it was all the cars Paul Tracy tore up

I think SRX wasn’t making a lot of money but they had sponsors step up after every year. They were also doing time buys and not actually getting a TV deal I believe.

Maybe if a TV deal could be in place instead of relying on just sponsors & ad revenue time buys, they could remain viable.

Disappointed to see SRX shutter, but ratings weren’t showing gains. Maybe if they weren’t doing time buys and had a decent TV deal, they would still be around.

Maybe Dale Jr/Kevin Harvick/Jeff Burton could start something like SRX? Perhaps IMG/Endeavor or FOX Sports could start a mini series like SRX? I think there is a market for a 6-8 race series like SRX.
I think Jr and friends have their monies tied up into making the CarsTour a viable product

Attachments

• I see nothing.gif
    I see nothing.gif
    256.1 KB · Views: 14
Ray on why he left SRX and what he hopes to do with IROC

I listened to it too and its hard to draw conclusions based on only one side of the story. Lets not forget while Ray has been known to be a mechanical genius, he's never been known to a be a brilliant business man. It doesn't really matter what his vision was at the end of the day they still needed to bring in money to keep it going.

Sometimes, a business venture is unsuccessful.

It isn’t Ray’s fault that TV viewer numbers were dismal.

Back
Top Bottom