St. Petersburg.......The race!!

When you see those guys after they come down that long straight away along the harbor- and before they make that hard right and do the straightaway down along the Airport runway,-- you will see them make a hard left turn and the red stripes on the corner curb and there is a tower right there.

That is the corner and the street that the City of St. Petersburg named DAN WHELDON WAY. The year after he died.

You might remember Helio Castroneves stopping his car on that corner after he won the race- he climbed the fence right there and beat his fist on the Dan Wheldon Way sign.

Screenshot_20230305-145602_Gallery.jpg

Here is Castroneves after he won his race here.

Wow. This was a great race from start to finish. I don't care these cars are 12 years old, IndyCar racing rocks.

I mean Golf is coming up so there's not a lot to miss.
The Arnold Palmer is a pretty big tourney and the window switched at 2:30 in my listings, so they let it run by half an hour. A lot of times in the past they’d call it (often at Belle Isle on ABC iirc).

The Arnold Palmer is a pretty big tourney and the window switched at 2:30 in my listings, so they let it run by half an hour. A lot of times in the past they’d call it (often at Belle Isle on ABC iirc).
Good on NBC for not doing so then. Ending this one early would have been anticlimactic to say the least.
For me watching Golf is like watching paint dry but I guess this tournament has as least as much TV viewership as IndyCar.

For me watching Golf is like watching paint dry
I used to feel that way before I started paying attenion. It actually has a lot in common with racing. Different venue every week; caddies are like spotters; weather is a factor; everyone sets up his equipment to his liking; different strategies on each hole;

Hard to say IndyCar at the moment is not the best major racing series there is. This has been entertaining as hell with awesome strategy
It's different, but I like IMSA just as much.

I'm a bit down on Indycar at the moment because I was at another forum that is all snarky negative, everything sucks all the time. When you have to read that garbage every day it can beat you down and make you now care. That's why I appreciate this place so much. You're a good bunch and make this place as nice as it is.

Now when I come here and see all the enthusiasm, it's brought back my love for Indycar.

I won’t take any golf slander
View attachment 69203
I mean you've mentioned you competed in college Golf tournaments so you're obviously biased
I used to feel that way before I started paying attenion. It actually has a lot in common with racing. Different venue every week; caddies are like spotters; weather is a factor; everyone sets up his equipment to his liking; different strategies on each hole;
Notify me when the golf carts are doing 200 mph and I'll be glad to give it a watch:D

Jimmie Johnson was injured in a golf accident. Golf can be very dangerous (if you're riding on top of the cart).
It's amazing the guys in the Jackass movie didn't kill themselves in the gold cart scene. That was the epitome of stupid, but it sure was fun.

Back
Top Bottom