Stages?

LARRY

Stages! Stages! We don't need no stinking stages!!
Why are they still doing stage racing ? Points don't matter!

They do for 5th on down....unless I am missing something.
Hasn't that all ready been decided?
What was that trophy hey gave . Out a few weeks back for regular season champ??

The Regular Season Champ which was awarded after the regular season. 1-4 determined with the Championship 4 today, the rest completely at play as I understand it.

But 5th through 17 have thousands of artificial points over the whole rest of the field. More nasca r bs.

Why are they still doing stage racing ? Points don't matter!

You see the points on these below Lar? Every one of those positions have thousands of dollars of position money attached to them. And as close as they are together, winning or finishing high in a stage can move a driver up to a higher position.

upload_2018-11-18_12-56-46.png

You see the points on these below Lar? Every one of those positions have thousands of dollars of position money attached to them. And as close as they are together, winning or finishing high in a stage can move a driver up to a higher position.
true but no reason for stages. They pay points all the way down and those strokes down there won't be in stage point positions. (Top 10).

View attachment 36956

true but no reason for stages. They pay points all the way down and those strokes down there won't be in stage point positions. (Top 10).

OH. Well.it's just nasca r with the their head up a s s.

The main purpose of stages is not the points. They don't need to throw a yellow flag to hand out some points.

The networks like the built-in TV timeouts, and a majority of fans seem to like them as well. I don't, but oh well.

The main purpose of stages is not the points. They don't need to throw a yellow flag to hand out some points.

The networks like the built-in TV timeouts, and a majority of fans seem to like them as well. I don't, but oh well.
It is a good time to make a sandwich!!

Biggest issue for me with the stage yellow is a driver who is leading loses any advantage he had when the yellow comes out and they bunch all up. If they allowed them to race under green after the flag comes out but have to pit then a lead driver has a better chance of keeping his lead. As they come off pit row they can go to yellow

I prefer gre en flag stops for race drama.

You see the points on these below Larry? Every one of those positions have thousands of dollars of position money attached to them. And as close as they are together, winning or finishing high in a stage can move a driver up to a higher position.

Season ending positions before Homestead

upload_2018-11-19_6-27-17.png

After Homestead

upload_2018-11-19_6-29-42.png

I didn't listen to the screaming gerbils this broadcast. I doubt if they took a breath and interrupted their endless "I know what he is thinking" babbling long enough to realize there were other close points battles going on. But there were. Almirola had a hell of a day and gained two final positions for 5th in the record books. Elliott and Kurt tied for 6th. Looks like Elliott won the tie breaker.

Seems like for this very last race the stages are a moot point. Why even have them at Homestead?

see post #20

Guilty as charged I didn't read everything before posting so yeah that's awesome for Aric great job the #10 team finishing 5th on the season. Awesome. They exceeded expectations for sure and will most likely be contenders next year too. Sucks for Chase and Kurt though. But I get it now, Homestead needs stages for the drivers finishing 5th place on the season or worse.

Seems like for this very last race the stages are a moot point. Why even have them at Homestead?
That is my basic point

The fans had been asking for stage racing so it makes sense that they use it in the finale.:D

Looks like the only thing that would have changed among the Top 4 had stage points been awarded is that Harvick and Truex would have swapped final points positions, with Harvick finishing 2nd and Truex 3rd.

Your point is invalid, standonit showed you why they still have them and they are still important.
No, not really.They were paying points and that would have done it.

Stages! We don't need no stinking stages!

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 143
What happened to the test of the posts???
This place is wired !

I was also wondering why they had playoff points in the last race but I forgot there are teams still trying to improve their standing, probably due to the lack of race coverage of the field.

I think every driver who is eliminated from the playoff should loose the bonus points and be put back into the normal points standings. (That would be every car except the cup champion).

I was also wondering why they had playoff points in the last race but I forgot there are teams still trying to improve their standing, probably due to the lack of race coverage of the field.

I think every driver who is eliminated from the playoff should loose the bonus points and be put back into the normal points standings. (That would be every car except the cup champion).
Good one. I'll buy into that!

Tell that to "No Neck"
1 race away from being champion.

You mean to tell me he could have scored enough points in that last race to have been champion!!??I
But they did have stage points???

You mean to tell me he could have scored enough points in that last race to have been champion!!??I
But they did have stage points???
Yes, his stage points helped get him TO the final 4. All he had to do was finish ahead of 3 cars.

Yes, his stage points helped get him TO the final 4. All he had to do was finish ahead of 3 cars.
BUT. Not the last race for the championship! It did not matter how many points he got. Which was the premise of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom