State of the Sport

I never much of a death bedder.
I just want Nascar to do the right thing and schedule the public stoning of Brian France. It would bring much needed closure and help people to heal.
France is going to be on Dale Jr Download next week.

If Jr would throw some hardball's it would be different and worth listening to. There are more than a few of us that would like to see him raked over the coals.

If Jr would throw some hardball's it would be different and worth listening to. There are more than a few of us that would like to see him raked over the coals.
"Okay, Brian, lightning round. I'll name a change you made, and you tell us whether you were drunk, stoned, or both."

Dale Jr, do what the people want. GRILL THAT MAN!
Dale will ask tough questions, but he isn't going to grill anyone. First, it's totally not his style, and two, he is trying to provide a forum for people to tell their story without getting ambushed. Nobody dislikes Brian any more than I do, but if this interview was going to look like 60 Minutes, it likely wouldn't happen at all. Also, whatever you think of Jr. as a race announcer, I think he has developed into a first rate interviewer.

Dale will ask tough questions, but he isn't going to grill anyone. First, it's totally not his style, and two, he is trying to provide a forum for people to tell their story without getting ambushed. Nobody dislikes Brian any more than I do, but if this interview was going to look like 60 Minutes, it likely wouldn't happen at all. Also, whatever you think of Jr. as a race announcer, I think he has developed into a first rate interviewer.
I know. Just messing around a little bit hah. But yeah. I don’t even mind Jr as an announcer. I’m not picky tbh, I love the excitement they show.

as I said, a waste of time IMO. Soft ball good ol boy B.S. That dope fiend clown almost killed the series and if he wasn't busted by the police probably would have.

Hook him up to wires, and every time he tells some heinous BS, Junebug gets to shock him.

It's doing fine. The sport is never going to die. I believe it's peaked. That doesn't mean it won't peak again at some point.

Ups and downs

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

-- O'Donnell: Looking at aero changes for short tracks and road courses for "as early as next year." Possible power changes also being considered but that's "a little more complicated."
One can only hope they will make some changes. We've seen some great racing at tracks like Vegas and Michigan but most of the races at short tracks and road courses weren't very exciting at all.
OD says Chastain move was a product of playoff intensity. "No way that move happens in our history without the format we have."
A big part of that move was the fact that the NextGen is basically indestructible.

One can only hope they will make some changes. We've seen some great racing at tracks like Vegas and Michigan but most of the races at short tracks and road courses weren't very exciting at all.

A big part of that move was the fact that the NextGen is basically indestructible.
Except some of its parts lol.

Would it be that hard to run 850 HP at short tracks and road courses? I can’t imagine too much would need to change on the car itself and it would certainly help with tire wear. I agree with the racing at larger tracks being awesome. A symmetrical car is going to certainly be more of handful on intermediates than the yawed out beast they’ve been using for years

The only question I really care about is why he handed Truex his championship ring and hustled off the stage the way he did lol
Maybe dinner wasn’t sitting well. The only question I hope gets asked well I hated the Chase For The Cup and loath the playoffs but I’d be fascinated to hear the thought process behind changing to those points systems from the season long one. What went into it, were the playoffs always the ultimate end game, would it have changed if Winston stayed on, what was the initial resistance? I find all that intriguing it’s never really been addressed

I’d be fascinated to hear the thought process behind changing to those points systems from the season long one.
NASCAR TV ratings drop every fall when football starts. They wanted to do something to keep the TV ratings up. Playoffs and eliminations get the attention of casual fans. Millions of people who don't watch another single football game all year tune in for the Super Bowl.

Thus playoffs. It had nothing to do with the competition, everything to do with TV numbers.

NASCAR TV ratings drop every fall when football starts. They wanted to do something to keep the TV ratings up. Playoffs and eliminations get the attention of casual fans. Millions of people who don't watch another single football game all year tune in for the Super Bowl.

Thus playoffs. It had nothing to do with the competition, everything to do with TV numbers.
That line of thinking has been stated here multiple times. I don’t recall Brian France ever saying that when the initial change happened in 04. Maybe he did and I just never caught it, I More or less wanted to hear his thinking behind the whole deal.

And they still drop at the end of the year because any casual fans are going to go watch football anyway, and if your driver is eliminated what are you still watching for?

Marcus Smith said it best that its easy for owners to demand more money. But it's also easier for tracks to tell owners to stop spending 20 million a year to build race cars. Until they all decide to work together it will never get settled.

IMO owners just want more money instead of cutting a lot things that could easily turn them profits

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Marcus Smith said it best that its easy for owners to demand more money. But it's also easier for tracks to tell owners to stop spending 20 million a year to build race cars. Until they all decide to work together it will never get settled.

IMO owners just want more money instead of cutting a lot things that could easily turn them profits

I could be 100% wrong but I got the impression from Marcus smiths interview on the DJD that he’s nothing but a rich corporate weasel IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it hasn't helped, so why keep going down a path that has leads nowhere? They always told me when you dig yourself into a hole, stop digging. Nobody at NASCAR seems to grasp that concept. Brian certainly never did.

The Phoenix grandstand was full, 2 or 3 million people watched the whole race on TV and the broadcaster’s checks are still cashing.

All is lost because Playoffs. 😎

And it hasn't helped, so why keep going down a path that has leads nowhere? They always told me when you dig yourself into a hole, stop digging. Nobody at NASCAR seems to grasp that concept. Brian certainly never did.
And it hasn't hurt. Deathbedders always have a mishapen viewpoint, hardly ever if ever are able to look at the situation from all sides. They will look at the figures from the last race ignore the crowd and B.S. themselves into thinking no telling what but it will be negative. One thing they never can figure out is that if it wasn't making money all these years it wouldn't be happening.

The Phoenix grandstand was full, 2 or 3 million people watched the whole race on TV and the broadcaster’s checks are still cashing.

All is lost because Playoffs. 😎
Let's move it to where there is a strong possibility of cold weather, rain and a postponement, so we can lose our asses all so a few east coasters can quit complaining lol.

I could be 100% wrong but I got the impression from Marcus smiths interview on the DJD that he’s nothing but a rich corporate weasel IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow not the impression I got at all

I think the death bedding comes from a lot of the old school fans who are still attached the Dale senior ways.

I hate the playoffs, but I wont deny that It's good for today's short attention span. I think the 10 race Chase is just a more appropriate format for crowning a champion. But the playoffs are here to stay and it's understandable why they are.

NASCAR is America's premier Motorsport. Frankly it doesn't really matter how popular or unpopular it gwts. It's not going anywhere

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wow not the impression I got at all

yeah same here, one hopes it was a sarcastic comment. Smith is a very positive person, sharp in business, not afraid to try new things and I have nothing but admiration for him.

Back
Top Bottom