Stenhouse out

Never thought I'd hear Jack Roush throw somebody under the bus, but he did and backed it over Stenhouse. Not sure how I feel about this.
Does anyone have a link to Jack's interview? I looked but didn't find it.

I think Rickey's style of driving is not suited for RFR.
Jack basically confirmed this in his press conference. Nate Ryan and others at NBC describe it as choosing to go with Buescher because Buescher is Newman 2.0 -- a grinder unlike Stenhouse's aggressive stand-on -the-gas style. David Smith of The Athletic says the same thing.

Newman's #6 Ford is the 21st fastest car this year in lap time speed rankings, but he got it into the top-16 in points... showing RFR a path to the playoffs despite their chronic lack of speed. He did it by (a) leading the league in fewest crashes (RSJ has the most); (b) always strategizing for maximum stage points when choices had to be made between stage points and track position; and (c) being highly efficient at finishing better than his average running position.

Jack Roush sees Chris Buescher as a way to double down on Newman's recipe. I like the move, but the risk is that it accepts and institutionalizes the lack of front-running speed. It is building a team that can grind mediocre cars into the tail end of the playoff grid. I'm not saying that's the wrong approach. It's probably the stark reality at RFR now and in the future.

managing mediocrity at Roush

Looks like Buescher may need one more jump to maximize his potential as a Champion contender.

managing mediocrity at Roush

Looks like Buescher may need one more jump to maximize his potential as a Champion contender.

Yep that's what I'm thinking. All he has to do is what he's been doing and a good ride will open up at another Ford Team. F*** Toyota and I hope Chevy stays forever awful. I hate Chevy more than I hate Alabama football and that's saying something.

Back
Top Bottom