Steubenville rape case

Those guys need their tallywackers whacked off.:beerbang:

Nice. And people wonder why so many people, like me, don't watch CNN.
Ok, let me amend this statement to some degree. It is a shame that their lives are forever changed as a result of this. It really is. But while they may, to a very small extent, be the victims of bad parenting, coddling of athletes, the general lack of morals of their entire generation and other factors, they are certainly not the true victims in this story. They made their choices and they will live with the consequences of those choices. I hope they have to register as sex offenders throughout their adult lives. An article I read said that they had to register until they were 21, but it was unclear if they would have to do so after that. That will certainly effect their lives, but it should do so.

Ok, let me amend this statement to some degree. It is a shame that their lives are forever changed as a result of this. It really is. But while they may, to a very small extent, be the victims of bad parenting, coddling of athletes, the general lack of morals of their entire generation and other factors, they are certainly not the true victims in this story. They made their choices and they will live with the consequences of those choices. I hope they have to register as sex offenders throughout their adult lives. An article I read said that they had to register until they were 21, but it was unclear if they would have to do so after that. That will certainly effect their lives, but it should do so.

I don't feel bad for them. The severity of their actions hasn't sunk in and it never will. Notice, in their "apology" that they never apologized or accepted that they raped a girl. They apologized for putting pictures of her on the internet. And they thought they would get away with it, because of who they are. IMO, that is part of a societal problem. The media defending them sends out a message to young boys that it's okay to rape a drunk girl. Our society sends out a message every day that you can get away with crimes if you're an athlete or celebrity.

Being charged as juveniles was a slap in the face to this girl and to society as a whole. By doing so, a message was sent that teenage boys aren't responsible for their actions. Are the two who were sentenced above the AoC in Ohio?

My guess is the girls who got arrested for the threats will do more time for that then the 2 boys will.

I don't feel bad for them. The severity of their actions hasn't sunk in and it never will. Notice, in their "apology" that they never apologized or accepted that they raped a girl. They apologized for putting pictures of her on the internet. And they thought they would get away with it, because of who they are. IMO, that is part of a societal problem. The media defending them sends out a message to young boys that it's okay to rape a drunk girl. Our society sends out a message every day that you can get away with crimes if you're an athlete or celebrity.

Being charged as juveniles was a slap in the face to this girl and to society as a whole. By doing so, a message was sent that teenage boys aren't responsible for their actions. Are the two who were sentenced above the AoC in Ohio?

**** those kids, they deserved what they got. Something similar happened in my city last year. Wasn't rape, but a group of football players calling themselves "the woflpack" picked on a kid until he took his own life. Several people picketed outside the school against bullying after nothing was done to the football players. What happened next? The football players and one of their fathers got in a fight with the people picketing. Some people just don't deserve a chance at life no matter how old they are. They will continue to be told they are the best no matter what. The great thing is when they graduate and there is nothing or no one on the other side to hold them up.

MSNBC isn't a news network and it doesn't claim to be.

Yeah you might want to rethink that statement....

http://tv.msnbc.com/about/

The premier cable destination for in-depth analysis of daily headlines, insightful political commentary and informed perspectives – 24/7. MSNBC defines news for the next generation with world-class reporting and a full schedule of live news coverage, political analysis and award-winning documentary programming – 24 hours a day, seven days a week. MSNBC’s home on the Internet is tv.msnbc.com.

And yet another orifice heard from. Serena Williams decided she needed to weigh in with her opinion recently. I'm not sure which orifice it came from, but here it is.

Here is the excerpt from the article, courtesy of Deadspin:
We watch the news for a while, and the infamous Steubenville rape case flashes on the TV—two high school football players raped a 16-year-old, while other students watched and texted details of the crime. Serena just shakes her head. "Do you think it was fair, what they got? They did something stupid, but I don't know. I'm not blaming the girl, but if you're a 16-year-old and you're drunk like that, your parents should teach you—don't take drinks from other people. She's 16, why was she that drunk where she doesn't remember? It could have been much worse. She's lucky. Obviously I don't know, maybe she wasn't a virgin, but she shouldn't have put herself in that position, unless they slipped her something, then that's different."

----------------------------------

Hmm...

I'm not blaming the girl, but...

Actually Serena, you are blaming the girl.

Do you think it was fair, what they got?

Actually no, I think they got off kind of easy for rape.

Apparently she feels that the boys that participated in the sexual assault bear no responsibility for their actions. It's only the girl that is responsible for the incident :rolleyes:

You would think a female athlete would be on the side of the victim...considering they're both females.

But I guess dumbassery comes in all forms.

Apparently she feels that the boys that participated in the sexual assault bear no responsibility for their actions. It's only the girl that is responsible for the incident :rolleyes:

I'm so ****** sick of this ****** bull****. They blame women for the way they dress, when they flirt, because they ****** drink and so on. It's NEVER the male's ****** responsi-******-bility. Thousands of men, real men, every ****** day, when a girl gets drunk, they call her a ****** cab or take her home.

It's a ****** shame this commentary is necessary:

**** Serena Williams.

wow, what a mess. That's too much to even read. I'm surprised her father didn't dig a hole and throw them in it. They need to be tried as adults and thrown to the federal prison system. I mean really.

No, they need to be hanged by the damned neck until the windpipes crush and the heads snap off. On live tv.

Then pissed on.

Back
Top Bottom