Suarez is history

Considering where the 6 car was last year and his teammate in the 17 this year (and how far RCR as fallen off with their teams). He's doing a helluva job no matter the point system. :idunno:
IMO, Newman has made a career out of being slow, but consistent, and hard to pass rather than being known for victories.

At this point in his career he is a 15th place road block who is only holding a wheel due to sponsorships.

I bet if a kid who wants to “pay dues” gets to sit in that car he/she would drive the wheels off with their tongue hanging out and get better results from pure desperation.

IMO, Newman has made a career out of being slow, but consistent, and hard to pass rather than being known for victories.

At this point in his career he is a 15th place road block who is only holding a wheel due to sponsorships.

I bet if a kid who wants to “pay dues” gets to sit in that car he/she would drive the wheels off with their tongue hanging out and get better results from pure desperation.

Well if Reddick like rumored goes to the (a) ride at RFR we'll find out. Other drivers should use the Newman approach.

Who are these magic sponsors? Newman drove for Childress for years, sponsored by RCR-controlled sponsors. For 2019, Rousch hired him, and he's been sponsored by RFR-controlled sponsors. I realize Newman is unpopular among many here, especially those who feel their favorite driver deserves differential treatment, but c'mon man, you're just making stuff up.

As for performance, Newman has been a considerable upgrade over what RFR had before. Last year Roush hired Matt Kenseth amid much fanfare... and he performed basically equal to Stenhouse. Newman has been miles ahead of Stenhouse. He's not an elite driver, but it's not an elite car either.

Makes very little sense to get rid of Newman, he's the most successful driver since way back when Kenseth and Edwards left. Stenhouse is signed for next year at Roush. Unless they can't agree on money or Newman decides to retire I sure don't see any changes at Roush.

I think you are right and if Ryan got to see this and it convinced him too he will probably not bother Suarez.
As someone mentioned, If one makes it due to screwing the other up, the other will ensure they have a bad race somewhere. I’d want to if I was one of them.
I saw an interview with Newman and he actually said ..... Even if he didn't hit me.... He turned me

Newman is doing a good job, but let's not exaggerate and act like Kenseth didn't do squat in the same car. I seem to recall him netting some top tens and a stage victory to boot.

Kenseth’s last 2 races in the car were 6th and 6th at Phoenix and Homestead. He also won the pole for the all star race and won a stage at Indy, coulda won it if not for bad luck

Honestly I wish they'd both lose their jobs so Matty D & C Bell could both have cup rides next year.

Kenseth’s last 2 races in the car were 6th and 6th at Phoenix and Homestead. He also won the pole for the all star race and won a stage at Indy, coulda won it if not for bad luck

Matt definitely had his moments of looking like a good shoe in the 6 at the end of 2018. But overall his average finish was still 19.9 compared to Newman's 14.2 & Matt (and the rest of the team) had way too many races where he was finishing in the 20's.

Also everybody gives Ryan credit, but I think Scott Graves is a better guy to call the shots than Matt Puccia.

Who are these magic sponsors? Newman drove for Childress for years, sponsored by RCR-controlled sponsors. For 2019, Rousch hired him, and he's been sponsored by RFR-controlled sponsors. I realize Newman is unpopular among many here, especially those who feel their favorite driver deserves differential treatment, but c'mon man, you're just making stuff up.

As for performance, Newman has been a considerable upgrade over what RFR had before. Last year Roush hired Matt Kenseth amid much fanfare... and he performed basically equal to Stenhouse. Newman has been miles ahead of Stenhouse. He's not an elite driver, but it's not an elite car either.
You really think if an unestablished name strapped into the car that those sponsors wouldn't blink an eye? Kenseth and Newman are safe conservative options. Easy resumes to tout.

For what its worth Stenhouse is garbage and in the same wheel-holder group.

There's no denying that Newman is a major upgrade over Trevor Bayne. He has that team in the playoffs ahead of Johnson & right there with Suarez.

There's no denying that Newman is a major upgrade over Trevor Bayne. He has that team in the playoffs ahead of Johnson & right there with Suarez.
It's nip and tuck with Suarez (tied) the last cut off race. Something to watch for at Indy. I don't think anybody else is close unless somebody comes out of nowhere and wins the race.

Back
Top Bottom