Summer weather love, hate, in-difference thread

#17D500winner

Wicked heat in Western US.

Stay cool and enjoy your beer but drink lots of water as well :cheers:

I've got friends that live up in Anderson, and they're dyin' out there. I love hot weather, but damned if I love it that hot. :eek:

Hit 103° on my porch yesterday afternoon. Expecting about the same today.
I'd love to have the next thing to a flood --- if anyone has one, I'll take it.

Hit 103° on my porch yesterday afternoon. Expecting about the same today.
I'd love to have the next thing to a flood --- if anyone has one, I'll take it.
Tried to send you part of mine the other day but it didn't take, we have been practically waterlogged this year and that is a good thing but its still in the high 90s with the humidity in the high 90s.

Johali, the only thing making the heat the slightest bit bearable is the humidity has been less than 30% -- with a dewpoint under 70°. Most of the time you walk outside and get wringing wet-- plus you feel as if you're trying to breathe with a wet blanket over your nose. So far this summer, I walk outside and all the moisture is sucked out immediately. I'm not sure which is worse --- but I'll take the low humidity for now, at least it's bearable.

I hate drenching, humid, sticky, southern summers. People from Arizona would cry down here about mid-july. Truth.

Damn humidity has always killed us down here, rarely below the upper 80s in the summer and mostly in the upper 90s.

I have no use for hot, muggy weather. I'm pretty good with rain most of the time. Fall is my favorite season by far. It cools off and the roads are still clear before the snow and freezing rain hits.

That's what garden hoses are for TRL, sit on the porch with an adult beverage in one hand and a water hose for squirting over the overheated body in the other. :D

Turned the sprinkler system on the other day and some kids came running over to play in the water.I figured ok that's cool.I know I liked that as a kid.Then they had to start sitting on the sprinkler heads.Then they had to go.

Wife said that in this heat that must be pretty bad on the nipples. :XXROFL:

ROTFL@Johali. The water that comes from the hose has to be near freezing(well, not really). But it is cold enough to drink without ice.

Ever see how cold a kid gets on those slip n slides with the hose attached? Not that it seems to bother them but they vibrate with shivers. LOL

I hate drenching, humid, sticky, southern summers. People from Arizona would cry down here about mid-july. Truth.

I'm gonna be mowing some grass later in 118 degree heat. But it won't bother me. Native Arizonan, here.

But, yeah, maybe I would cry where you're at.
I don't even want to know what your summers feel like.

It's not been too bad where I live. It's usually about 10 degrees warmer in Roanoke though. I don't have air conditioning where I live and, for the most part, it's not been terrible.

Come on down here Andy and spend a day and night out in the boat shed without AC, I'll have emergency services standing by.

I just moved from Ohio to Tennessee, and the heat definitely hits you much harder down here. I'll gladly sacrifice Ohio summers to not have to endure another one of their winters though.

I just moved from Ohio to Tennessee, and the heat definitely hits you much harder down here. I'll gladly sacrifice Ohio summers to not have to endure another one of their winters though.

Whereabouts in Tennessee? Kingsport Speedway is the hottest place on the face of the planet.

The "cool" didn't last long --- 93° --- fortunately LOW humidity and a breeze.
Got the burn pile set off early --- keep getting faint whiffs of oak smoke --- makes me want to fire up the smoker. LOL

Just checked the burn pile --- with the high temp and low humidity the stuff was dry as a bone. Nothing left out there but a piece of a stump about the size of a watermelon. No smoldering for days with this burn.

That's a good thing, especially if the wind picks up in the wrong direction.

I was just in Parker, AZ(Colorado River) over the weekend.. It was 110-125 degrees all weekend, 100 at night, and a monsoon-style humid 115* on Sunday. It was awesome as long as you were in a boat or swimming. In town, on pavement though.. Intense. I'm welcoming the 75* here in north San Diego County..

74 degrees at 7:45 am central time, YAHOO

76 at 8:30, a little cooler.

On the way back from our Loudon/Eldora race vacation circuit we are stopping in Goodlettsville.

We've been in the mid 80s all week! Usually it is mid to high 90s at the beginning of July, with oppressive humidity.
The humidity has been in the low 20% range and the dewpoint at, or below 50° --- which makes it pleasant to be outside.
However, the temps are creeping up. Worse still, not a drop of rain in the foreseeable future. :(

We've been in the mid 80s all week! Usually it is mid to high 90s at the beginning of July, with oppressive humidity.
The humidity has been in the low 20% range and the dewpoint at, or below 50° --- which makes it pleasant to be outside.
However, the temps are creeping up. Worse still, not a drop of rain in the foreseeable future. :(
You can have some of our rain. It's been a wet, gray, gloomy week.

Joelton was the only one I could think of, but I do know where Ashland City is.

Do you make it up to Clarksville to the dirt track any?
I haven't yet, but have been wondering if there are any good local tracks to go to. I'll have to check it out.

Looked out the window this morning and there was a long line of pairs of animals next door and the neighbors are building a very large boat, glad we're leaving first thing tomorrow on vacation. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom