Super Bowl XLVII Thread

A low scoring affair, Baltimore 20, 49ERS 14. I would think the 49ers will be trying out some kickers in the next 2 weeks.

Ray Lewis was never convicted of murder. Ben Roethlisberger was never convicted of rape and, in fact, was suspended from the league for a good portion of the 2010 season because of the charges he was eventually exonerated over. Meanwhile, there are players who have been convicted of beating up their wives, shooting other people, stabbing other people, killing people while driving drunk and so on...

Some nice trash talking going on already.

528816_413815062026791_2139856854_n.jpg

424573_538509649501743_1637995286_n.jpg

19296_413337685407862_1412047771_n.jpg

People are really upset with Beyonce for lip syncing at the Presidential Inauguration. I wonder if this backlash will cause the NFL to find a new SB halftime act? I'm not sure why Kelly Clarkson could sing live at the same event but Beyonce couldn't.

People are really upset with Beyonce for lip syncing at the Presidential Inauguration. I wonder if this backlash will cause the NFL to find a new SB halftime act? I'm not sure why Kelly Clarkson could sing live at the same event but Beyonce couldn't.

Because one is a singer and the other is a dancer who acts like she can sing.

I don't think they'd replace her. They should have had K Clarkson do the anthem. That girl can sing!

As far as this Superbowl goes..... This is probably the first time that I can't root for either team. I can't have the 49ers match my Steelers and I like the Ravens even less. So .... Go commercials! That's the only thing I think I'll like out of this matchup.

49ers with Colin Kapernick or Ravens with Ray Lewis Hmmm Let me think about it.
colin-kaepernick-and-ray-lewis-super-bowl-xlvii.jpg

Did you know brothers are competing against each other as head coaches in the Super Bowl? I never knew... wish ESPN and NFL Network would mention it more often. :sarcasm:

Rootin' for Ravens.
But only because Niners are my team's division rival.

Really, I hope for a close one to come down to the wire.
Not many Super Bowls can say that.
And let's make the following Monday a national holiday while were at it.
:rolleyes:

I don't think they'd replace her. They should have had K Clarkson do the anthem. That girl can sing!

As far as this Superbowl goes..... This is probably the first time that I can't root for either team. I can't have the 49ers match my Steelers and I like the Ravens even less. So .... Go commercials! That's the only thing I think I'll like out of this matchup.

Any native Arizonian who's an NFL fan and has been one prior to the AZ Card's move here in '88, probably was a fan of another team first. Count me among them.
But I switched over a long time ago and others haven't. Including my sister.
She's a diehard Steeler fan, like I used to be.

She's rooting for the Ravens (as much as she can't stand it), but ONLY because she wants her Steelers to remain the only team to ever win 6 Super Bowls.
She's selfish that way.

She's rooting for the Ravens (as much as she can't stand it), but ONLY because she wants her Steelers to remain the only team to ever win 6 Super Bowls.
She's selfish that way.
Personally, I'd rather see the 49ers win to give my team a reason to play harder. I feel pretty certain if it weren't for the Ray Lewis equation I'd be all over a Baltimore win.

Personally, I'd rather see the 49ers win to give my team a reason to play harder. I feel pretty certain if it weren't for the Ray Lewis equation I'd be all over a Baltimore win.

Honestly, dpk, the NFL wasn't even on my radar when all that Ray Lewis thing went down. So, I really don't have an opinion one way or the other about that guy. I missed some Super Bowls back in that day, too. But blame my obsession with NASCAR and the AZ Card's futility for that.

Oh, yeah.
I forgot to mention my better half's "old" team are the 49ers.

picardfacepalm.gif

Go Ravens.

Ray Lewis was never convicted of murder. Ben Roethlisberger was never convicted of rape and, in fact, was suspended from the league for a good portion of the 2010 season because of the charges he was eventually exonerated over. Meanwhile, there are players who have been convicted of beating up their wives, shooting other people, stabbing other people, killing people while driving drunk and so on...

Lewis still =P.O.S.
I hope he has an embarrassingly awful finale.

I hope it's a good game. However, I think the Ravens want it more. Colin Kaepernick hasn't really played against a defense like Baltimore yet. Joe Flacco is playing better football than anyone right now. I mean, the Ravens stomped Tom Brady and the Patriots, in Foxborough, and beat Peyton Manning and the Broncos at Mile High. Both are tall tasks. As for Kaepernick - not sure he'll get away with running all over the Ravens defense. They are the ones who injured RGIII's knee for Washington.

I just hope it's a good, close game.

I hope it's a good game. However, I think the Ravens want it more. Colin Kaepernick hasn't really played against a defense like Baltimore yet. Joe Flacco is playing better football than anyone right now. I mean, the Ravens stomped Tom Brady and the Patriots, in Foxborough, and beat Peyton Manning and the Broncos at Mile High. Both are tall tasks. As for Kaepernick - not sure he'll get away with running all over the Ravens defense. They are the ones who injured RGIII's knee for Washington.

The 49s have a RB, the Broncos, and Pats didnt. They Ravens may still win but having to respect the run will be an extra challenge. I think that's what cost Payton and Brady, with a good RB both would have won, Flacco doesnt compare to either, never will.

Washington didn't have the best offensive line.
Baltimore hasn't played against a quaterback like Colin Kaepernick ;)
Go 'Niners!

It should be a good game. I actually like both teams, so that takes a lot of the fun out of watching the game. I'm not even sure who I want to see win. I guess Baltimore, if only because they are my son's favorite team and he was too young to remember their only other Super Bowl win. I wouldn't be crushed by the Niners winning either though. I like that team a lot and they have 3 players from my neck of the woods that also played together at Ohio State...Ted Ginn Jr, Alex Boone and Donte Whitner(sp?).

Being a lifelong 49er Faithful, of course I'm thinking the Niners will win. But either way, win or lose, racing season is right around the corner. :partytime

Back
Top Bottom