Super Sebring 2023

Wayne has every right to be pissed.
I think Jaminet has plausible deniability in that he had to get around the GTDs.

I don’t feel too bad for WTR since Albuquerque was running through guys at 15-16 anyways. And that was a pretty bold move to effectively go three wide or whatever it was.

I think Jaminet has plausible deniability in that he had to get around the GTDs.

I don’t feel too bad for WTR since Albuquerque was running through guys at 15-16 anyways. And that was a pretty bold move to effectively go three wide or whatever it was.
I get that, but he panicked behind traffic as well. Albuquerque could have been a bit better about the situation, but these type of lunges in the closing minutes are cool.

However, just be a bit more respectful to the other cars around them, too. Some GTD cars were affected in this accident and then Nasr was screwed because a GT car ran into him. Just a crazy situation all-round.

Scottie Mac and Tower on overall podium with an LMP2 victory after being screwed from the get-go at Daytona. That’s really cool.

What an absolutely chaotic race on a fully chaotic day of racing.

Strange race with guys spinning by themselves but enjoyed it as always. The weather was decent after all the bad predictions.

If we tore up this many cars at Sebring, what's Long Beach going to look like?

Now the convergence is fully under way. Running IMSA and the WEC as separate events was a bit clumsy, and I hope next year they will just make it part of both the IMSA and WEC schedule.

If we tore up this many cars at Sebring, what's Long Beach going to look like?

Now the convergence is fully under way. Running IMSA and the WEC as separate events was a bit clumsy, and I hope next year they will just make it part of both the IMSA and WEC schedule.
Sebring just being a race for everyone is the best possible scenario but good things don't happen to us as a civilization anymore.

I was thinking the same thing re: Long Beach after this. Lots and lots and lots of torn up equipment and now we head to a street circuit. I'm gonna hope drivers are more reasonable in a sprint event but I instead expect BMW to have a 1-2 after the top 6 LMDH entries all wreck lap 1 at the fountain.

Are there sufficient pit stalls to run them all together?

Not really. The combined entry list this weekend was 90, so even if you remove LMP3 next year that leaves you with 81 cars. 53 is a tight fit on the main straight pit already and they have the WEC pit on a makeshift pit lane constructed a few years ago on the Ullman Straight.

The inaugural WEC race was a joint race with the ALMS at the 12 Hour in 2012. It had 64 cars in a combined 9 classes. It was pretty messy at times and I doubt either party has interest in doing it again.

Sounds like I missed an ... interesting ... race.
It was fun! Messy at times, but fun. Just hard racing mostly, although LMP3 were being their usual menacing selves as well. They’re likely out next season though. I will say something needs to be figured out with regard to the FCY procedure.

Probably not. They would probably have to use both the IMSA and the WEC pits. Then you would probably have too many cars. It's probably not workable, but I think it's silly to have all those cars in one place and not run then together. Wasn't that the whole point of the convergence?

Probably not. They would probably have to use both the IMSA and the WEC pits. Then you would probably have too many cars. It's probably not workable, but I think it's silly to have all those cars in one place and not run then together. Wasn't that the whole point of the convergence?
It was less about being able to run together than it was being able to race the same top class formula around the world. You can buy one chassis and race for overall wins with at the Daytona 24, Sebring 12, and Le Mans 24 now. That hasn’t been possible in what, a quarter of a century or so?

It was less about being able to run together than it was being able to race the same top class formula around the world. You can buy one chassis and race for overall wins with at the Daytona 24, Sebring 12, and Le Mans 24 now. That hasn’t been possible in what, a quarter of a century or so?

The last time the rules were the same for everyone on both sides of the pond was 1972. The problem with international sportscar racing is that it's not been international again until now. I don't expect a lot of cross over because of the distances, but I do think the one time they do come here it would be cool to see them race our guys.

Back
Top Bottom