Take a picture of your current view

A foggy start to the morning in Englewood. Won't be long before the sun burns through and brings temperature up to around 75 degrees F.

Attachments

• IMG_1695.jpg
    IMG_1695.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1696.jpg
    IMG_1696.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 134
I think a little dangerous.... 😳
Yeah, that looks pretty sketchy to take anything down. A little off topic, but have you heard of the Strid in the UK? I think it’s like one of the most dangerous stretches of river in the world and it doesn’t look like it would be.

Yeah, that looks pretty sketchy to take anything down. A little off topic, but have you heard of the Strid in the UK? I think it’s like one of the most dangerous stretches of river in the world and it doesn’t look like it would be.
Just had a look..... and no it doesn't look that dangerous but they all say it is. 😳

@Clutch , I thought you guys down there were in Lockdown still?
We opened up just for Kiwi's to enter NZ.....which gave me the chance to go to Vancouver to see my 84 year old mom and come home. Just happened to have the month of march off when they announced it. Very lucky
We have since opened to Australians....and visa waiver countries in August I think

Marina delRey. Windy and cool. Wind didn’t make it very enjoyable. Hoping it dies down then the air won’t seem so chilly. And reduces chances of getting a sinus infection so there is that.

Attachments

• 8F16221C-8E5D-4E29-B8BA-5B3DCF14656B.jpeg
    8F16221C-8E5D-4E29-B8BA-5B3DCF14656B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 94
  • A9D1DB08-743C-4A19-942C-8610D197EAD1.jpeg
    A9D1DB08-743C-4A19-942C-8610D197EAD1.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 92
Marina delRey. Windy and cool. Wind didn’t make it very enjoyable. Hoping it dies down then the air won’t seem so chilly. And reduces chances of getting a sinus infection so there is that.
Enjoy!

Mt. Katahdin in Maine. Mount Katahdin is the highest mountain in the U.S. state of Maine at 5,269 feet. Not high as far as mountains go but interesting none the less as it certainly stands out in relation to the rest of the topography in the state.

20220508_112723.jpg

Reactions: sdj
Pretty sure I have been to that pull off when I was driving. Absolutely beautiful. 15 out of Vegas to 70 to Denver is a pretty awesome drive this time of the year. You get desert, awesome rock mountains thru Utah and forested mountains in Colorado thru to Denver. It can be pure hell in the winter though lol.

DP if you ever are on 80 West going to Oregon or Washington right after Little America in Wyoming take 30 up to I-15. It's a two lane but good road, fuel in Cokeville if you need it. You miss Salt Lake, but oh what a scenic drive. I would do it in the daytime though. Moose, antelope, and mule deer are a part of the scenery.

Pretty sure I have been to that pull off when I was driving. Absolutely beautiful. 15 out of Vegas to 70 to Denver is a pretty awesome drive this time of the year. You get desert, awesome rock mountains thru Utah and forested mountains in Colorado thru to Denver. It can be pure hell in the winter though lol.

DP if you ever are on 80 West going to Oregon or Washington right after Little America in Wyoming take 30 up to I-15. It's a two lane but good road, fuel in Cokeville if you need it. You miss Salt Lake, but oh what a scenic drive. I would do it in the daytime though. Moose, antelope, and mule deer are a part of the scenery.
I went to Idaho a while back taking 191 off of 80 heading northwest. It was awesome. I love the mountains. Breathtaking scenery. Can't wait to retire and get off some of the main roads and explore. This country has so much to offer.

I'm currently in Maine, where I95 ends. Crossing over into Canada tomorrow morning heading to Muncton, NB. Just north of Nova Scotia. Another timezone east of eastern Time. It's amazing how early the sun rises up here. Sunrise is 5:07am tomorrow. It's noticably light out at 4:30am. A different world for sure.

I went to Idaho a while back taking 191 off of 80 heading northwest. It was awesome. I love the mountains. Breathtaking scenery. Can't wait to retire and get off some of the main roads and explore. This country has so much to offer.

I'm currently in Maine, where I95 ends. Crossing over into Canada tomorrow morning heading to Muncton, NB. Just north of Nova Scotia. Another timezone east of eastern Time. It's amazing how early the sun rises up here. Sunrise is 5:07am tomorrow. It's noticably light out at 4:30am. A different world for sure.
The U.S. of A. definitely is a place of wonderment. My Bride and I traveled extensively in the late '80's through 2002 when we finally sold our Foretravel 36 ft. motorhome. But despite all the travel we did, we never visited Utah or the national parks in that state. Neither did we get to the northwest so are now making plans in the hope of getting there one day, sooner rather than later. At my age of 85 and pushing 86, every day is a blessing as my Bride of 59 years in June, enjoy relatively good health.
Yesterdays visit to the cardiologist gave me renewed hope the old ticker will be like a Timex watch. ( Thank you John Cameron Swayze. Anyone remember him? )
Flying to the west coast gave me an entirely different view of this vast country we live in. I think things take on a different appearance as the sands of time run through the hour glass. Pushing into the autumn of your life certainly gives one pause to appreciate things far more than the years when some of us were too busy making a living to notice the leaves change color. Now, I could sit and marvel while watching flowers bloom and enjoy our children and grandkids as they make their way through life, grateful for them and others in the family who stay in touch on a regular basis.

I remember as a kid when on a family vacation I thought Utah was a pretty cool looking place.

Ivy Leagues University of Pennsylvania Class of 2020 Covid delayed daughter's graduation ceremony. About damn time! Bachelors Degree in Biomolecular Chemical Engineering from Penn and Masters Degree in Business at Notre Dame are now in the books. As well as all-time records in track and field at both universities.

20220522_100535.jpg

WOW! There aren't enough words to say how proud I am of the accomplishments made by your daughter and having the opportunity to know her vicariously through knowing you but not knowing you. Sound corny? It is strange but I'm happy for her and you, your Bride and rest of your family.
Hopefully, she will find something in her future that she enjoys as there is little question whatever she tackles she will succeed at.

264th..... What a history this University holds.

Was surprised to see that about a third of the graduates were able to come back for today.

20220522_113216.jpg

Reactions: sdj
Back
Top Bottom