Talladega B!tching Thread

I haven't seen anyone complain about a lack of crashes...

I hate the big wrecks too and was glad today's event was fairly clean and even though plate racing is not very exciting to me what I saw today was a dull as dishwater.

The guy that spent all of his money on weed but still has a handful of change in his pocket thinks McD's is the best thing since Joey Logano.
I'll have to take your word on that. I hope I'm never in that situation but if I am, that's what Taco Bell is for.

can this also include the chase/points system bitching thread?[

No...sorry...the new "b!tching thread" only applies to complaining about length of commercials, silly comments by announcers, and general complaints. Complaints about the Chase system and points rules will have to be posted on next week's " Complaints about the Chase system and points rules" thread....sponsored by Nationwide (they are on your side).

I watched most of the race on mute as the guys in the booth were awful. At one point I turned the volume on and every other word they said was "energy" which made no sense at all. "Chase Elliott has lost energy, does the outside row have enough energy to move forward, lots of energy at Martinsville." Was energy the word of the day?

For the main portion of the race the hot phrase was "side-drafting" - apparently this is a technique where you go close to a car and somehow effect their forward motion...TRL seems to have it figured out...with advice from Junior...I'm driving to Nashville next week and will try it out :)

Last edited:
Great thread.

As long as 40 bad ass hotrods show up each week to get after it, I'll be watching.

My bitch: NBC race booth normal weekly crew, SUCKED BIG at Dega.

Best race of the year for me. NO BIG ONE and the Penske cars were great until Brad lost his engine. Ryan did a great job as well. Really impressed by that Bowman kid, has anyone given him a contract?
If I had anything to bitch about it wouls be the JGR strategy and yet we watched HMS do this as well.

you can paly an older video game to get a older plate experience or Nintendo dream windows 98 etc

is this the proper thread to complain about the chase, which is to reward winners, but at a restrictor plate track, eliminates two drivers with the most wins during the season, because of engine failures?

if not, I apologize.

an-anti complaint: much to my amazement and delight---no Big One!

Of all the things I can find to complain about regarding plate racing, the attire of the booth crew will never even bump the meter.

When you sit around the living room, garage / man cave, or sports bar, do you do it with people in suits and ties? Hell, no. Sports announcers should be dressed like people you'd want to spend your recreational time with.

Beyond that, I'm sitting out this b!tch-fest.
I've always thought the same thing.

For the main portion of the race the hot phrase was "side-drafting" - apparently this is a technique where you go close to a car and somehow effect their forward motion...TRL seems to have it figured out...with advice from Junior...I'm driving to Nashville next week and will try it out :)

If you get a chance and see one of those trucks hauling a propeller for a wind turbine see if you can side draft off that as it could be the experience of a lifetime! Imagine the energy you will receive.............:)

[QUO

TE="sdj, post: 1026139, member: 8367"]Great thread.

As long as 40 bad ass hotrods show up each week to get after it, I'll be watching.

My bitch: NBC race booth normal weekly crew, SUCKED BIG at Dega.[/QUOTE]

View attachment 21407 View attachment 21408

JMO but the first car looks like a badass hot rod to me and the second one looks like a 4 door grocery getter that looks the same as the Toyota and Chevy spec racers.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom