Talladega II Bonehead Of The Race

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. My vote would be Harvick for getting DQ for not having the windshield properly secured on his car.

Give it to Nick Sanchez's "I'm gonna kill you at Homestead" to Matt Crafton

From what I understand of that situation, Matt Crafton sucker punched Nick Sanchez and then wailed on him. It wasn't a fight like we normally see between drivers, it was one driver (Matt) assaulting another driver (Nick).

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm changing my answer to Matt Crafton for pulling that chicken-**** move when he was at fault for the on-track accident.

From what I understand of that situation, Matt Crafton sucker punched Nick Sanchez and then wailed on him. It wasn't a fight like we normally see between drivers, it was one driver (Matt) assaulting another driver (Nick).

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm changing my answer to Matt Crafton for pulling that chicken-**** move when he was at fault for the on-track accident.
Wish there was video because Crafton said Nick made the threat then he belted him…🤷🏼‍♂️

And I’ll give it to my guy Kez. He claims Hocevar had ill handling race car so he bumps in a sensitive place? Doesn’t seem like a good idea to me?

Give it to Nick Sanchez's "I'm gonna kill you at Homestead" to Matt Crafton
Nah, not at all. I hope NASCAR pulls them to the side and warn them that there will be heavy punishment if any retaliation happens there.

I will say Matt or Corey Lajoie causing that wreck at the end of the Cup race. I have no clue what Corey was thinking there.

Nah, not at all. I hope NASCAR pulls them to the side and warn them that there will be heavy punishment if any retaliation happens there.

I will say Matt or Corey Lajoie causing that wreck at the end of the Cup race. I have no clue what Corey was thinking there.

Nobody does. He'd screw up a wet dream.

I’m handing my bonehead out to 23XI. Neither car was a player yesterday when they both should have been running up front. Not sure what happened.

Yea, I don't know why Bubba Wallace and the 23 team isn't going hard for stage points. Yes, ideally you want to go for the win. However, those stage points are a nice way to hedge your bets in case you don't get the win. Before Talladega, Bubba was 2 points below the cut line, and now he's 9 points below the cut line. If he had grabbed some stage points, at worse he'd still be below the cut line by one or two points. At best, he would be slightly above the cut line. He'll still have to actually race at the Roval, but he's not falling behind and trying to catch up.

Yea, I don't know why Bubba Wallace and the 23 team isn't going hard for stage points. Yes, ideally you want to go for the win. However, those stage points are a nice way to hedge your bets in case you don't get the win. Before Talladega, Bubba was 2 points below the cut line, and now he's 9 points below the cut line. If he had grabbed some stage points, at worse he'd still be below the cut line by one or two points. At best, he would be slightly above the cut line. He'll still have to actually race at the Roval, but he's not falling behind and trying to catch up.
Not that he is the the guy in charge, but on DBC last week, Freddie was absolutely ADAMANT that the #23 would be going for stage points in both segments. One wonders if the plan changed, or things just didn't work out the way they thought.

Not that he is the the guy in charge, but on DBC last week, Freddie was absolutely ADAMANT that the #23 would be going for stage points in both segments. One wonders if the plan changed, or things just didn't work out the way they thought.

I only watched the final 20 laps, but track position looked like it was king. If the entire race was like that, a lot of strategies probably changed.

Matt Crafton. Anybody who says Nick Sanchez ain’t never been hit in the mouth or had their azz whooped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah cause I'm smart enough to not get myself in those situations then throw our death threats.

I only watched the final 20 laps, but track position looked like it was king. If the entire race was like that, a lot of strategies probably changed.
There was an opportunity to flip the stage a couple of times. At one point they played Bubba's radio, and his comment was basically "whatever we're trying to do, it isn't working".

There was an opportunity to flip the stage a couple of times. At one point they played Bubba's radio, and his comment was basically "whatever we're trying to do, it isn't working".
That sounds like they were doing something with the car, not race strategy....

That sounds like they were doing something with the car, not race strategy....
Well, the context in which it was presented during the broadcast suggests it WAS about strategy. Take it for what it's worth.

The selfish whiny 9 fan in me wants to give it to Byron for screwing over Chase and Larson, but it is actually a toss-up between Crafton and Lajoie

The selfish whiny 9 fan in me wants to give it to Byron for screwing over Chase and Larson, but it is actually a toss-up between Crafton and Lajoie
That was a weird move by Byron, usual the **** I expect Larson to pull.

That was a weird move by Byron, usual the **** I expect Larson to pull.
Not in the least. Byron said the 12 and the 4 were pushing hard together and he and the 9 were stalled out. Time to move, that is how it is done.

Byron’s current assignment is:

1. rack up playoff points

2. win Cup

”Helping” team mates, especially those still recovering from self-inflicted wounds, is at the bottom of the list.

Back
Top Bottom