Teams in the year 2020

I think the sponsor aspect of this is 100000% true - see Danica Patrick. No offense to her fans but I think she was signed for her sponsorship longevity vs her performance.
She's a mid pack driver who is worth a lot of money in sponsorship . Some of these kids who show a lot of promise have zero value to a sponsor till after they get famous . A guy like Menard is a better driver and he comes with sponsorship. Pretty good deal for an owner.

She's a mid pack driver who is worth a lot of money in sponsorship . Some of these kids who show a lot of promise have zero value to a sponsor till after they get famous . A guy like Menard is a better driver and he comes with sponsorship. Pretty good deal for an owner.
From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense - which I choose to forget that this is a business for my own enjoyment.

From a dominance standpoint , the top four cars in Thursday practice were Gibbs and Truex. Interesting .

I have seen them dominate practice before but NOT dominate the race.
Especially Carl Edwards.

Yep , the race is a different animal , but top 4 spots in practice ? That is unloading some decent equipment .
Oh, and what? Top three cars in xfinity qualifying ? Tell me these folks are still number 2

Roush's turn this week. This is definitely the most negative one yet.

Brutal. I pretty much agree, however.

Back
Top Bottom