Technical discussions

Technical discussions

• Stop it!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Just tone it down, leave the details to PMs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep on truckin'

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

gone

Team Owner
There isn't much technical discussion about racing on here, and it could be that people just aren't so interested. So when a technical question comes up I try to respond, and I admit that I get long-winded.

I don't want to annoy everybody, so here is a poll for you to tell me what you think about how I should answer (if at all). Don't worry - if you say you're okay with my habits I won't interpret that as a green flag to get even more long-winded! Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to this.

Looks like I should have added another choice: don't care...

10 - 0 - 0

Unanimous ... so let’s go right here. If you had access to a VIMM machine, would you bother to check the position of the center of mass, the mass moment of inertia and the product of inertia of your racecar if you moved your driver’s water bottle from the floor to a bracket on the dash?

:D

There isn't much technical discussion about racing on here, and it could be that people just aren't so interested. So when a technical question comes up I try to respond, and I admit that I get long-winded.

I don't want to annoy everybody, so here is a poll for you to tell me what you think about how I should answer (if at all). Don't worry - if you say you're okay with my habits I won't interpret that as a green flag to get even more long-winded! Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to this.

I think a greater technical understanding of the science enhances a fans enjoyment.
Racing is incredibly difficult simply watching it makes it look to easy.

Dick Berggren's old Stock car racing magazine was something I read intensely in the 70s and early 80s. I bought it for the racing coverage and insights, I stayed and kept reading for the technical articles.
It was great information and explanations for a kid like me that did not have and inside connection or any other sources.

I think most forums are more about the results, personalities and even the marketing than they are about the science.
I think it is a real lost opportunity in most cases.

10 - 0 - 0

Unanimous ... so let’s go right here. If you had access to a VIMM machine, would you bother to check the position of the center of mass, the mass moment of inertia and the product of inertia of your racecar if you moved your driver’s water bottle from the floor to a bracket on the dash?

:D
"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
He would chuck, he would, as much as he could,
and chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would
if a woodchuck could chuck wood."

Back
Top Bottom