Texas Motor Speedway No Limits Next

I hope this eases the confusion. My whole reply to you was based around this tweet from Adam Stern quoted by a network executive. In no way shape or form am I speaking for anyone except what this tweet is about. Apologies if I came off as speaking for Fox. I would however think its totally appropriate on a message board for the sake of conversation to base a statement or a thought process from this very tweet.

You're a smart lad maybe you can figure it out I have no idea. Maybe it's the Elliott effect.

Why Chase Elliott thinks NASCAR’s All-Star Race should rotate tracks instead of staying at Texas​

The All-Star Race moves to Texas Motor Speedway in 2021, marking the third different track the event will held in a three-year period.​

You're a smart lad maybe you can figure it out I have no idea. Maybe it's the Elliott effect.

Why Chase Elliott thinks NASCAR’s All-Star Race should rotate tracks instead of staying at Texas​

The All-Star Race moves to Texas Motor Speedway in 2021, marking the third different track the event will held in a three-year period.​

We’re just going around in circles here, maybe I’m not smart enough as you claim. I would assume and again this is a pretty big assumption, that if the racing was good this year for that race and that there wasn’t any negative backlash on social media about it, the thought of moving it wouldn’t exist. Maybe that’s just the tin foiled hat death bedder conspiracy theory artist in me that’s creeping to the surface. I’ve laid out why I think how I do about this current topic, I can’t say anything else about it really.

Hmmm Still can't figure out how come that pesky All Star Race in Texas got some many viewers. I guess we will never know.

Hmmm Still can't figure out how come that pesky All Star Race in Texas got some many viewers. I guess we will never know.

Blaze already gave you a handful of examples, and there are several more variables we haven't even considered. If you are suggesting that the quality of a race should be judged by the amount of viewers who aren't Nostradamus and don't have a crystal ball, I don't know what to tell you.

Blaze already gave you a handful of examples, and there are several more variables we haven't even considered. If you are suggesting that the quality of a race should be judged by the amount of viewers who aren't Nostradamus and don't have a crystal ball, I don't know what to tell you.
There is your problem. I wasn't suggesting any such thing and I am damn tired of repeating myself. So see post #9

I prefer Denny Hamlins idea to improve Texas Motor Speedway.... a bulldozer. That track is officially ruined, and I'll never understand why Gossage took a perfectly fine racetrack and ruined it with that reconfiguration like 6 years ago.

Why were the tweets from 2019 included with yesterday's news? Seems like one has nothing to do with the other. Not to mention confusing people.

There is your problem. I wasn't suggesting any such thing and I am damn tired of repeating myself. So see post #9

And I'm saying it's pretty much irrelevant.

People will watch a race or a sporting event or a movie or whatever because they don't know how it's going to turn out. People watch the New York Giants, one of the worst teams in the NFL, yet consistently top three or four in attendance.

Texas can continue to be a stinker every year, and as long as the other tracks leading up to that race are putting on a good show, the TV viewership probably won't suffer. But that doesn't mean Texas/NASCAR shouldn't be concerned about trying to improve the quality of their product.

Has to be nothing but pure insanity they slotted the Texas race in the playoffs..what the heck were they thinkin.

And if it couldn't get any worse for the Texas playoff race. Right before the race if it isn't KDB and young son Braxton (and mom too) having to race down there. I wonder how much they had to pay them to race at Little Texas. Sheesh

maybe they were drunk

They have invested a lot in Texas and the facilities are very nice, so they will continue to get a date on the schedule, it's that simple. Eddie (or whoever is running things now) clearly has a lot of stroke with the big wigs calling the shots. That's all that really matters.

Trevor Noah is still doing his show on Comedy Central, despite being incredibly unfunny and not the least bit entertaining. But someone important likes him, so he gets to stay.

I think Hamlin and his bulldozer tale will have to wait until they catch their breath down there in Texas, they have built another track within a track for the Micro Mania that C.Bell is putting on

I prefer Denny Hamlins idea to improve Texas Motor Speedway.... a bulldozer. That track is officially ruined, and I'll never understand why Gossage took a perfectly fine racetrack and ruined it with that reconfiguration like 6 years ago.
I think it's hilarious that people think Gossage designed the reconfiguration.

Time to go real plan B or maybe it's plan C or D by now.
Time to make it a Texville (has to us an original name, avoid cooking cutting "Roval").

I think it's hilarious that people think Gossage designed the reconfiguration.
I didn't say that he did... but who did design it then?

I will say Gossage is an idiot for listening to that person and then paying for it.

I will say Gossage is an idiot for listening to that person and then paying for it.
You posted... I'll never understand why Gossage took a perfectly fine racetrack and ruined it with that reconfiguration like 6 years ago.

Woah...you think Gossage paid for the reconfiguration? Do you think he owned the track?

You posted... I'll never understand why Gossage took a perfectly fine racetrack and ruined it with that reconfiguration like 6 years ago.

Woah...you think Gossage paid for the reconfiguration? Do you think he owned the track?
I just know that Eddie was the President and General Manager of TMS for 27 years. I'm sure he has power of the purse for the track to some extent. I'm sure that TMS has their own finances, and those finances paid for it, that's obviously what i meant

So who designed it? Who agreed to it? And who paid for it?

I just know that Eddie was the President and General Manager of TMS for 27 years. I'm sure he has power of the purse for the track to some extent. I'm sure that TMS has their own finances, and those finances paid for it, that's obviously what i meant

So who designed it? Who agreed to it? And who paid for it?
Well now that you looked it up, you know Gossage's title and tenure...Wikipedia or Google couldn't answer your other questions? It was an in house team that designed it, they never named the individuals. I would think Gossage and Marcus Smith among others would have approved and obviously the funds would come from the TMS budget.

At this point I wish they would admit it was a mistake in design and in the application of PJ1 (I can't believe there is not some way to remove the residue but it's still there) and either go back to the previous layout or doing something radical and convert it to a short or 1 mile track.

I personally thought a 1.5 mile Darlington was a good idea that didn’t work out like originally thought, I think they did listen to that person.

New to the sport huh? Guess you don’t realize this thing called “weepers”

I don’t think it should go away entirely, but it doesn’t need a second date, whether it’s a second points race or the ASR. Putting the goo down was a mistake but I hope with time the surface come back somewhat. The second half of the IndyCar race was pretty good once they got some rubber down outside of the low lane.

I don’t think it should go away entirely, but it doesn’t need a second date, whether it’s a second points race or the ASR. Putting the goo down was a mistake but I hope with time the surface come back somewhat. The second half of the IndyCar race was pretty good once they got some rubber down outside of the low lane.

It seems quite stained. I think the fans get treated well at TMS, that’s why it stays

It’s funny I emailed SMI on this idea back then and it seemed like a good idea then to change things up at the 1.5 mile tracks.

Back
Top Bottom