The 2019 Cup Series Mustang

Like I said it is a Nascar, both sides, and the teams are locked into what fits Nascar's specs
so how does a manufacturer have anything to do with the design.?

TRD and Calty Design worked hand in hand. Honestly, shapes on the street version of the Camry were influenced by the race car and visa versa.

Tell us how they do, you are wrong.
January 10, 2017
DETROIT (January 10, 2017) -- In an unprecedented event, Toyota unveiled its 2018 NASCAR Toyota Camry race car in unison with the debut of the 2018 production Camry at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Following a dramatic redesign to its show room counterpart, the Camry race car will compete on the race track in 2017 as Toyota defends its NASCAR Premier Series manufacturer’s championship.

“The 2018 Toyota Camry NASCAR race car has been years in the making, and to unveil it simultaneously with our new production Camry is a milestone moment for our organization,” said Ed Laukes, Vice President of Integrated Marketing Operations for Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A. “The collaboration between Calty Design Group and TRD has produced a NASCAR Camry that showcases aggressive styling that is sure to turn heads on the race track and among our fans in Toyota showrooms across the country. Reimagining both the Camry race car and its production counterpart has been a tremendous undertaking and our goal has been to maintain parallel design characteristics so our fans can enjoy driving a Camry that closely resembles the one their favorite NASCAR driver races each weekend.”

https://toyotanews.pressroom.toyota.com/releases/2017-naias-toyota-unveils-2018-nascar-
camry-.htm

Chevrolet unveils 2018 Camaro ZL1 Monster Energy Series race car
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/08/10/chevrolet-unveils-camaro-zl1-monster-energy-race-car/

Last edited:
January 10, 2017
DETROIT (January 10, 2017) -- In an unprecedented event, Toyota unveiled its 2018 NASCAR Toyota Camry race car in unison with the debut of the 2018 production Camry at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Following a dramatic redesign to its show room counterpart, the Camry race car will compete on the race track in 2017 as Toyota defends its NASCAR Premier Series manufacturer’s championship.

“The 2018 Toyota Camry NASCAR race car has been years in the making, and to unveil it simultaneously with our new production Camry is a milestone moment for our organization,” said Ed Laukes, Vice President of Integrated Marketing Operations for Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A. “The collaboration between Calty Design Group and TRD has produced a NASCAR Camry that showcases aggressive styling that is sure to turn heads on the race track and among our fans in Toyota showrooms across the country. Reimagining both the Camry race car and its production counterpart has been a tremendous undertaking and our goal has been to maintain parallel design characteristics so our fans can enjoy driving a Camry that closely resembles the one their favorite NASCAR driver races each weekend.”

https://toyotanews.pressroom.toyota.com/releases/2017-naias-toyota-unveils-2018-nascar-
camry-.htm

Chevrolet unveils 2018 Camaro ZL1 Monster Energy Series race car
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/08/10/chevrolet-unveils-camaro-zl1-monster-energy-race-car/
Proves nothing, a car that looks nothing like the production version, none of these cars do and none of the production cars were designed with Nascar in mind...nice try, but no.

I suppose so, if a person is illiterate.:confused:
Why, so Toyota built a camary just for NASCAR? Chevy I suppose built the camaro just for NASCAR? None of these cars resemble the cars that actually race. We aren't in 1965 where production cars were built purposely for racing.

Why, so Toyota built a camary just for NASCAR? Chevy I suppose built the camaro just for NASCAR? None of these cars resemble the cars that actually race. We aren't in 1965 where production cars were built purposely for racing.

To win. Look at the Camry. Does that look like the Camry for the old sedan set? I am promising you it was developed hand in hand with NASCAR intentions. I think that it is cool. Not the drive it to the track, race, and drive it home of a million years ago, but the intention is there as it should be.

To win. Look at the Camry. Does that look like the Camry for the old sedan set? I am promising you it was developed hand in hand with NASCAR intentions. I think that it is cool. Not the drive it to the track, race, and drive it home of a million years ago, but the intention is there as it should be.
Yes it does look sportier, I agree.

What abomination is this

62cn1ay5vro11.jpg
Looks just like they just took the word "Fusion" off the front and replaced it with "Mustang".

The Xfinity Mustang actually looks more like the street car than this, not that it's that close to the street car either.

Looks just like they just took the word "Fusion" off the front and replaced it with "Mustang".

The Xfinity Mustang actually looks more like the street car than this, not that it's that close to the street car either.
You can't blame them though, why mess up a good thing they have the with Fusion.

But I do agree , the Xfin Stang looks better than the Cup version, at least in the front end

Back
Top Bottom