The 2019 Cup Series Mustang

Comparing anything to the car that almost killed NASCAR is not a fair comparison.

I don't get the negativity, it's another two door rear wheel drive car back in Cup, and from where we were with the COT this is miles away and so much better, 100% step in the right direction. Now come on Fiat see the potential here!!!

I agree, and have stated in previous threads that using performance car models is certainly an improvement over family sedans in marketing terms. Some of us maybe still see the cosmetic results as a bit feeble, given the box they are working in. Most seem to view favorably the trend of using sports cars. It seems likely that the Gen 7 car will have some more agreeable styling in line with this.

Look how far we've come.....

nascar-cup-phoenix-ii-2005-jeremy-mayfield.jpg

nascar-cup-atlanta-2008-race-winner-kyle-busch-celebrates.jpg

I am just happy to see some positive news about NASCAR anymore.It isn't as bad as it could have been,last year many were talking about Ford leaving.

I think Ford got it right this time. After all, they just designed a new front end while the rest stays a Nascar model. Grill work and hood are all the manufacturer can change.
I also think Ford is the first company to move away from cars in general. SUV, Cross over and sports car will now be the whole lineup for Ford. This will cut down the number of car plants on this continent and many of those union jobs will be gone. Many more will be gone as Trump's agenda becomes reality.

After all, they just designed a new front end while the rest stays a Nascar model. Grill work and hood are all the manufacturer can change.

This is inaccurate.

The roofline/greenhouses are required to be the same between the manufacturers, but there's room to get creative on the sides and rear of the car as long as they stay within the required specs. All three manufacturers are noticeably different in those areas; it's not just the front ends.

For the first time in years I'm actually getting excited again. It's been said that it takes a hundred atta boys to erase one colossal mistake, it's taken along time to erase the memories of the COT but they are finally heading in the right direction, so all I will say now is atta boy nascar keep it up!! :pbjtime:

It was a little better once they took the park bench off the trunk lid, but yeah, even after that they were still ugly.
I still to this day don't know how I came to think it, But my first look at the COT I thought it looked like a car Minnie mouse would drive..I know it makes no sense. But it looked like a cartoon car to me I guess

Looking a little harder at the COT, when Hamlin said you couldn't pass when the press asked him about the COT and it cost him 20 grand, I thought then that at least some of the powers that be in the rudderless Nascar were really insecure about that design and couldn't stand for anybody to criticize the ugly thing. No way to prove it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the bad king Brian calling for Hamlin's head and using his henchman Helton to do the dirty deed. because he lacks the gonads to do it himself.

This young kid at church told me I was old and needed to get on board with the COT and I told him it would never fly with the old timers.After the first year he never talked to me about NASCAR again.That whole thing was the most unbelievable piece of junk I have ever seen.I almost quit watching NASCAR because of it ,almost.That aside the new Mustang's grill looks like a whale shark to me.

I think they could have used a better paint scheme for the reveal. Bule with a white stripe would have been better I think. The white shows more of the NASCAR template than the new Toyota and Camaro reveals did.

I agree, and have stated in previous threads that using performance car models is certainly an improvement over family sedans in marketing terms. Some of us maybe still see the cosmetic results as a bit feeble, given the box they are working in. Most seem to view favorably the trend of using sports cars. It seems likely that the Gen 7 car will have some more agreeable styling in line with this.
Lucky for me, the Camry is still a 4dr, sedan , not a fan of either the Camaro or the Mustang, but I understand why the switch to them, don't get me wrong, I think they both look good as Cup cars.

Last edited:
A lot of people talk about how ugly the COT was, but the Twisted Sister was far worse IMO. That thing was just gross.
Twisted Sister over the C(crap)OT , both were ugly ,but the COT was just plain.

This is inaccurate.

The roofline/greenhouses are required to be the same between the manufacturers, but there's room to get creative on the sides and rear of the car as long as they stay within the required specs. All three manufacturers are noticeably different in those areas; it's not just the front ends.
Right , that is the common template area , including the deck lid, everything else the manufacturers can design how they want( of course within NASCAR's limits).

but there's room to get creative on the sides and rear of the car as long as they stay within the required specs.
Like I said it is a Nascar, both sides, and the teams are locked into what fits Nascar's specs
so how does a manufacturer have anything to do with the design.?

I think they could have used a better paint scheme for the reveal. Bule with a white stripe would have been better I think. The white shows more of the NASCAR template than the new Toyota and Camaro reveals did.
Throw back to the Shelby

iu

What abomination is this

62cn1ay5vro11.jpg

Whatever lol
I think it looks great...seriously what do people expect with this template. You have to limit your expectations when it comes to cup cars. I could nitpick the Camaro compared to the street version but I think that looks great too...considering the circumstances. On top of that I gaurentee the Mustang will not have the performance issues like the Camaro considering it doesnt appear to be too far from the fusion.

Whatever lol
I think it looks great...seriously what do people expect with this template. You have to limit your expectations when it comes to cup cars. I could nitpick the Camaro compared to the street version but I think that looks great too...considering the circumstances. On top of that I gaurentee the Mustang will not have the performance issues like the Camaro considering it doesnt appear to be too far from the fusion.
Atleast when you look at the camaro Cup car you immediately recognize it as “a camaro”.

This, not so much with the Mustang. Atleast modify the headlight design.

Atleast when you look at the camaro Cup car you immediately recognize it as “a camaro”.

This, not so much with the Mustang. Atleast modify the headlight design.

Maybe you need to look again...people complained about that when it was unveiled but they look pretty identical to me...look at both pics. I like it!

The rear passenger windows bug the crap out of me. Sure, the Camaro used the same ones as the SS, but they at least covered part of them with paint/wrap to give the illusion of the ones on the street car. Ford just said “screw it” and didn’t even try beyond the nose decals.

Back
Top Bottom