The 90s

To me it depends on what we're talking about. Music was surely better in the 70s and 80s. Some of the 90s was okay. Now good music is rare

Watch it boy, most of the music on my Samsung Galaxy is from the 90s. Alternative rock was great. And some of the dance/pop and hip hop songs, I'm just nostalgic. We'd all jam out to those at the skating rink every week.

All reminds me of better days. Spending summers outside, whether it was swimming in the pool or in the nearby pond, or riding bikes all over town and getting in trouble, or riding out to the library to read some books, or going to camp with the scouts. Then there was the weekly skating night the school set up at the local skating rink. All fun and no responsibilities, well except do your homework and get home at a reasonable hour (which meant 10pm in the summer).

Best decade ever.

So much of that changed after September 11th. And, in my town, the Sniper Attacks.

Watch it boy, most of the music on my Samsung Galaxy is from the 90s. Alternative rock was great. And some of the dance/pop and hip hop songs, I'm just nostalgic. We'd all jam out to those at the skating rink every week.

All reminds me of better days. Spending summers outside, whether it was swimming in the pool or in the nearby pond, or riding bikes all over town and getting in trouble, or riding out to the library to read some books, or going to camp with the scouts. Then there was the weekly skating night the school set up at the local skating rink. All fun and no responsibilities, well except do your homework and get home at a reasonable hour (which meant 10pm in the summer).
I don't listen to much rap or dance/pop music so yeah. The 70s and 80s music kicks it's ass so hard. I like some of the 90s but it has NOTHING on classic rock/southern rock.

I don't listen to much rap or dance/pop music so yeah. The 70s and 80s music kicks it's ass so hard. I like some of the 90s but it has NOTHING on classic rock/southern rock.

All I've got to say is:

If you got a problem with this song, then forget you. :lol2:

Also, Michelle Pfeiffer was a ****** goddess in the 90s. Still the sexiest Catwoman of all time (no offense Anne Hathaway).

The only thing that sucked in the 90s were most of the movies. But even then, the 90s gave us The Shawshank Redemption, A Few Good Men, Pulp Fiction, Days of Thunder, Jurassic Park, Men in Black, Silence of the Lambs, Stephen King's IT (Tim Curry is the reason an entire generation is scared of clowns and sewers), Twister and Independence Day.

The only thing that sucked in the 90s were most of the movies. But even then, the 90s gave us The Shawshank Redemption, A Few Good Men, Pulp Fiction, Days of Thunder, Jurassic Park, Men in Black, Silence of the Lambs, Stephen King's IT and Independence Day.
Relax man relax. I love the 90s myself. I was just agreeing and disagreeing with Bobby on the 80s being better. Which I said depends on what you're comparing. Music yeah 80s(and 70s) is better.

Relax man relax. I love the 90s myself. I was just agreeing and disagreeing with Bobby on the 80s being better. Which I said depends on what you're comparing. Music yeah 80s(and 70s) is better.

See, aside from the "hair rock" music, I think 80s music sucks. So bad.'

A lot of 90s music sucks too but I enjoy it for the nostalgia.

See, aside from the "hair rock" music, I think 80s music sucks. So bad.'

A lot of 90s music sucks too but I enjoy it for the nostalgia.
Well I enjoy a lot of it. Classic Rock is my thing.

90s gave us TONS of amazing shows. Some great movies as well. I just feel that's when music started to decline.

90s gave us TONS of amazing shows. Some great movies as well. I just feel that's when music started to decline.

Agree about movies and TV. The CNN show didn't even touch on some of the most popular and most successful shows of the 90s.

Music began to decline in the 80s. The 90s and 2000s just accelerated it. But honestly, I think a lot of music that's coming out now is pretty good, except for country. Country music is ****.

Agree about movies and TV. The CNN show didn't even touch on some of the most popular and most successful shows of the 90s.

Music began to decline in the 80s. The 90s and 2000s just accelerated it. But honestly, I think a lot of music that's coming out now is pretty good, except for country. Country music is sh!t.
I missed the t.v. show one but got it set on my DVR for tonight when it reairs. I'll see what they missed and comment on it later tonight or tomorrow.

I missed the t.v. show one but got it set on my DVR for tonight when it reairs. I'll see what they missed and comment on it later tonight or tomorrow.

I don't think they even mentioned Boy Meets World or 7th Heaven at all, two of the most iconic shows from the 90s. They talked about Buffy the Vampire Slayer but never really talked about its importance either in terms of how it redefined television and storytelling forever.

I don't think they mentioned Boy Meets World or 7th Heaven at all, two of the most iconic shows from the 90s. They talked about Buffy the Vampire Slayer but never really talked about its importance either in terms of how it redefined television and storytelling forever.
If they missed Boy Meets World that makes me sad. I love that show. I was young during its run(being born in 91) but I've watched the show even as I got older to better understand it. That show has one of the best endings ever.

If they missed Boy Meets World that makes me sad. I love that show. I was young during its run(being born in 91) but I've watched the show even as I got older to better understand it. That show has one of the best endings ever.

Watched every week as a kid, along with Full House, Hercules, Xena, Buffy and Lois and Clark. Although, having seen Lois and Clark a few years ago, man that show was bad.

Watched every week as a kid, along with Full House, Hercules, Xena, Buffy and Lois and Clark. Although, having seen Lois and Clark a few years ago, man that show was bad.

Of those I really only watched Full House.

Power Rangers, Dragon Ball Z, Doug, Rugrats, The Simpson's(might have started in 89 but really is more of a 90s show) are just a few of the shows I watched.

That's the one about the kid that daydreams and ****, right?

Spider-Man, X-Men, The New Batman Superman Adventures, Rocko's Modern Life and Power Rangers were all amazing. There were some other kids shows that I don't really remember.

Ah, Pokemon, watched the show and collected the cards for a short time, but I was more into Magic The Gathering for card games. I have an entire collection of cards and comic books somewhere in Baltimore.

The Spider-Man cartoon from the mid-90s was remarkably dark for a kid's show.

That's the one about the kid that daydreams and sh!t, right?

Spider-Man, X-Men, The New Batman Superman Adventures, Rocko's Modern Life and Power Rangers were all amazing. There were some other kids shows that I don't really remember.

Ah, Pokemon, watched the show and collected the cards for a short time, but I was more into Magic The Gathering for card games. I have an entire collection of cards and comic books somewhere in Baltimore.
Yeah he does some daydreaming in it haha.

Some great shows there. I wish they would do a whole series just about the TV shows from the 90s honestly. That could be worth a watch.

Some great shows there. I wish they would do a whole series just about the TV shows from the 90s honestly. That could be worth a watch.

The 90s had The WB (now The CW) and FOX KIDS. Back when "Saturday Morning Cartoons" were great. I don't even know if they have those anymore.

The 90s had The WB (now The CW) and FOX KIDS. Back when "Saturday Morning Cartoons" were great. I don't even know if they have those anymore.
I'm not sure if they do either honestly. It's been awhile since I looked. But I think they don't resllt come on anymore. If so it's probably nothing to good to mention haha.

532331.jpg

Born in 1947 and i remember Saturday morning was mostly westerns, Lone Ranger, Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers, Cisco Kid and Sky King, a crime busting cowboy who flew his own plane !
Mickey and Popeye, all the others mentioned came long after and I think my brothers might have watched them in the 60's-

1994 Checking in!
And people are here that were born in the 30s and 40s??? Wow.

Hell yes, we're here. I am scheduled to get my third pacemaker soon. I rode my bike eighteen miles yesterday and plan to ride fourteen miles tomorrow. Gotta stay active.
I live by the question from the late, great, Satchel Paige who said;
"If you didn't know how old you were, how old would you be?"

I was pretty much thru with popular music by the 90's, the gatekeepers had their formulas that worked for young teens who bought most of the music..whatever genera it was, come up with a catchy "hook" repeat ad nausea. Songs had to be a certain length also.

Hell yes, we're here. I am scheduled to get my third pacemaker soon. I rode my bike eighteen miles yesterday and plan to ride fourteen miles tomorrow. Gotta stay active.
I live by the question from the late, great, Satchel Paige who said;
"If you didn't know how old you were, how old would you be?"

I can't even imagine living that long. My imagination tops out at 50.

I like 70's and 90's music, but I think 80's music is overrated. I was never a fan of hair bands even at the time, and I've heard all the popular 80's pop songs so much I never need to hear them again. Country was pretty good in the 80's though.

Born in 1947 and i remember Saturday morning was mostly westerns, Lone Ranger, Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers, Cisco Kid and Sky King, a crime busting cowboy who flew his own plane !
Mickey and Popeye, all the others mentioned came long after and I think my brothers might have watched them in the 60's-
I can relate to all those Saturday morning shows you just mentioned..........;)

I like 70's and 90's music, but I think 80's music is overrated. I was never a fan of hair bands even at the time, and I've heard all the popular 80's pop songs so much I never need to hear them again. Country was pretty good in the 80's though.
Yeah I like the country songs in the 80's :p 1987

Back
Top Bottom