The Announcers Thread

I am in no way a KDB race car driver fan, but, like you said above, I thought he and his brother Kurt did a great job, both were cool calm and collected with pertinent info of what was happening on track, plus, they had friendly Brother banter between them.
Yes they would be great in the booth. :booya:
Yes, they both are good but I mentioned Kyle because I think he's the better of the two.

No offense meant to the guys that like the NBC booth but they are awfully shrill to me. They also get all worked over small things and I find them to be distracting. I usually watch the race with the volume on low and turn it up when something is happening.

Don't worry about offending the people on here that like the NBC booth. I don't think there are very many of them.

I'm definitely not a fan of the NBC coverage, but they hit a genuine home run with their coverage of the RCR command center.

Personally, I don't like teams having access to streamed data during the race... in any form of racing. But that's another issue entirely. The command center segments were compelling stuff, IMO.

I break it down this way. To Rick Allen's credit, he has good energy and does good with the play by play aspects. It's obvious he does his diligence in going over the notes and such that NASCAR provides to all of the media members. His problem is he doesn't know the nuts & bolts, under-the-hood of the sport like Mike Joy does. So, he's not able to add in anything extra.

Larry Mac hasn't been a crew chief for decades, but he puts Letarte to shame when it comes to explaining the different ways the pit strategies will play out and he's able to do it 100s of laps ahead of time. As for Dale Jr and Jeff Burton, something has to give there. There's too many calling the races between all 4. When Burton gets excited, his voice gets way too high-pitched for me. Somebody needs to tell these guys there's nothing wrong with not saying anything and letting the viewers hear 15 to 30 seconds of ambience from the race cars every so many laps.

It's frustrating, because I believe when it comes to camera work, NBC has been spot on....they just need the voices to go along with it.

The NBC commentary both is relentless. I mean, they never shut up, not even for five seconds.

I watched the 2006 Kansas fall race on YouTube a few weeks ago, with just Bill Weber and Wally Dallenbach in the booth, and the coverage and commentary was excellent.

I don't think adding Brad will help or hurt anything. I think most of us think along the same lines when comes to what is needed to fix NBC's race broadcasts.

It's a good non gerb move IMO. It's more than enough to hear them all race long but at the beginning and end also? Less is more. Thanks Brad, thanks NBC.
My favorite Brad Daugherty moment was the joy he showed when AJ Allmendinger won at Watkins Glen. He picked his diminutive driver up and hugged him.

Later, The Dinger said, "Dang, that was scary. I'm afraid of heights!"

Brad Daugherty AJ Allmendinger.jpg

It's a good non gerb move IMO. It's more than enough to hear them all race long but at the beginning and end also? Less is more. Thanks Brad, thanks NBC.
We are fortunate to be on this forum. I mean, how many people in the world could read the phrase "non gerb move" and be able to comprehend its meaning? :laugh:

Allen Bestwick seems to get a lot of love on here, but I'm indifferent. I would rather have Adam Alexander or Ralph Sheheen

Letarte needs his own feed on the app or something where he can do his stream of consciousness deal alone all race.

I'm still trying to figure out what Letarte is supposed to be doing. Being a crew chief and all, I thought he would know about fuel run lengths, what teams took how many tires etc. He's worthless when it comes to that. Pearn has to phone in a request about tire usage, and it went right over their heads and the laughed it off. NBC hasn't found it to be important like Fox would do to show who got how many tires and did they gain or lose spots during a pit stop either, but we got Rutt at home instead.

kyle petty looked ill during broadcast,
did he have the rona?

Interesting news. So they didn't have enough room in the cup series to cram another one in the booth? I wonder if Kurt will replace anybody in the truck booth, or is it a case of we know most of you hate the endless jabber from the gerbils so lets do the same and screw up the truck series.

Kurt Busch to join Truck Series race broadcasts
NASCAR Cup Series Champ Kurt Busch joins the FS1 booth beginning with Thursday’s NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series regular-season final at Richmond Raceway through the Playoffs.

Listening to the race today, most of what the announcers said was very hard to hear because of the engine noise being to loud. Having said that I did enjoy the engine noise when Burton was talking.

I haven't watched a stick n ball game in a while so it could have changed. But I don't remember the announcers talking about playoff positions almost every play of the game. I remember they announced who could advance to the next round, and then after the game they would say who or what played who the next weekend. But when the gerbils are pointing out positions changing and there are 450 laps left to go in the race, I can't help but feel insulted about the stupidity of having to listen to that nonsense

Back
Top Bottom