The Attendance Thread

Good advice, so many look for the opposite. Turning down the sound has worked for me since the playoffs. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Rutledge's job is focused for the younger more active crowd.
Me and my buddies make fun of them most of the time. We like to play the captain obvious game, Example - " And Busch hit the wall coming off of 4, that car probably wont be the same". Everybody take a drink!

Per jeff Gluck homestead is removing turn 1 grandstand.
I would expect the attendance to be the lowest of any NASCAR race next year. The championship brought in a lot of fans from outside the state. Now it will be pretty much a local show, and the locals have a lot to choose from in March. So, I will probably be going.

I don't think there was a ton of Turn 1 seating anyway with the tarps.

I'd rather see Homestead stay. Sebring would be pretty cool though admittedly lol.

Also, Homestead got totally screwed with it's new date. Not only is it way too close to the Daytona 500 but also it's the same weekend as Ultra, the 12 Hours of Sebring, and the Gatornationals.

It's as if NASCAR is intentionally sabotaging Homestead with it's new date to make room for Sebring or a Miami Streei Circuit. It just seems very suspicious

Why would NASCAR want to destroy one of it's own tracks and a track that has 1 date at that?

Also the 12 hours ends on the Saturday Night & Gatornationals is the week before. Lots of people go to Florida in the spring.

Why would NASCAR want to destroy one of it's own tracks and a track that has 1 date at that?
I don't even know, NASCAR also owns Sebring and a Miami Street Circuit was listed as an option on the Fan Council survey. NASCAR does a lot of head scratching things

I don't even know, NASCAR also owns Sebring and a Miami Street Circuit was listed as an option on the Fan Council survey. NASCAR does a lot of head scratching things

Sebring is almost 3 hours from Miami. Gatornationals is NOT the same weekend.

I don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be dude.

According to bob pockrass Dover attendance was down 13.1% for the fall weekend.

Also daytona removed some of the pit road patio. Not many seats but about 200.

The tops of both ends have had seats tarpped off since '15 at Bristol.
190827_063926_90.jpeg

Last year about 125k were at the race according to the dbnj.

I've been tracking 500 prices on Stubhub as I just might pull the trigger and head down. Right now you can get a darn good seat in the $125-140 range which isn't too bad for a marquee sporting event. There was an upper level ticket entering the tri-oval for $121 on Wednesday and I hesitated.

I looked at the schedule and it hit me that Atlanta is no longer the second race of the season. If it was that was going to be an option. Part of me now wishes Martinsville wasn't in May. That feels like a forever wait to see a race. The Daytona or Atlanta still gets me a 500 milers and a round of golf in warmer weather!

^ Newfoundlanders will shovel through 8 ft snow banks to launch their boats for the trip down the Atlantic coast to Daytona. After considering that, what's a little morning drive of 500 miles?

I'll be very curious of the attendance figures the first five races after Daytona, Vegas and Auto Club get moved up into February and almost February, then Atlanta Homestead in mid/late March. Different year for sure.

Does anyone know what Dover seats were removed? It says they went from 83,000 to 54,000 in capacity but I can't seem to find exactly what seats are gone.

Does anyone know what Dover seats were removed? It says they went from 83,000 to 54,000 in capacity but I can't seem to find exactly what seats are gone.

I just double checked that 54k figure! Wow! According to the 1991 NASCAR Media Guide Dover had 75k seats for the 1991 season. It's amazing that they really can't draw an early boom crowd. To be fair, Dover really started to expand their seating in '87 or '88. I know it says six straight years in the media guide but the first few years were basically temporary bleachers. I think it was '87 they started to expand into the corners.

83834571_3061035260595551_1104320810031513600_o.jpg

I just double checked that 54k figure! Wow! According to the 1991 NASCAR Media Guide Dover had 75k seats for the 1991 season. It's amazing that they really can't draw an early boom crowd. To be fair, Dover really started to expand their seating in '87 or '88. I know it says six straight years in the media guide but the first few years were basically temporary bleachers. I think it was '87 they started to expand into the corners.

83834571_3061035260595551_1104320810031513600_o.jpg
I just hope my normal seats in the middle of 1-2 aren't gone. Love it up there. Dover is a great place to watch a race and I'm so excited to get back there with the low downforce returning.

I think maybe an increase in attendance at the Clash over the past few years today? Looked like maybe 15-20k. I know when I went in 2018 it was barren.

I just hope my normal seats in the middle of 1-2 aren't gone. Love it up there. Dover is a great place to watch a race and I'm so excited to get back there with the low downforce returning.
Upper decks are all gone and I think they took part of the frontstrench stand towards the end out

According to dbnj 25k was the attendance. Up from 15k last year because of the the few days before the race the meteorologists were saying it was going to be a rainy Sunday.

Ticket prices on stubhub for the 500 are still quite reasonable. After what I saw today it was an easy decision not to make the trek down at the end of the week. I respect the tradition of the event but it's become far more about accidents and luck than quality racing. I'm going to save my money and either go to Atlanta or the first round of the NCAA Tournament in March.

My interest in attending the Indy 500 is going way up given what Daytona has become.

Daytona's gonna be fine.

Going back up the page, still bewildered by Homestead's placement in the calendar. Total lack of consciousness of what other competition there is in the area and the state that time of year. At the very least still should've been a playoff race. They haven't been selling out 46k for the finale until the week of the race.

Back
Top Bottom