The Attendance Thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Hotrod, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Me and my buddies make fun of them most of the time. We like to play the captain obvious game, Example - " And Busch hit the wall coming off of 4, that car probably wont be the same". Everybody take a drink!

Hotrod and StandOnIt like this.
  2. rowdy3

rowdy3 Team Owner

Per jeff Gluck homestead is removing turn 1 grandstand.

3. DIDIT

DIDIT Old School Fan

I would expect the attendance to be the lowest of any NASCAR race next year. The championship brought in a lot of fans from outside the state. Now it will be pretty much a local show, and the locals have a lot to choose from in March. So, I will probably be going.

4. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

At the risk of being called a death bedder...some “right-sizing” going on at Homestead. Look at them being All sneaky

donthaveanickname likes this.
  5. DewChaser988

DewChaser988 NASCAR fan since 1998

I swear this better not be a sabotage to make room for Sebring or a Miami street circuit

6. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I don't think there was a ton of Turn 1 seating anyway with the tarps.

I'd rather see Homestead stay. Sebring would be pretty cool though admittedly lol.

7. DewChaser988

Also, Homestead got totally screwed with it's new date. Not only is it way too close to the Daytona 500 but also it's the same weekend as Ultra, the 12 Hours of Sebring, and the Gatornationals.

It's as if NASCAR is intentionally sabotaging Homestead with it's new date to make room for Sebring or a Miami Streei Circuit. It just seems very suspicious

Hotrod likes this.
  8. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Why would NASCAR want to destroy one of it's own tracks and a track that has 1 date at that?

Also the 12 hours ends on the Saturday Night & Gatornationals is the week before. Lots of people go to Florida in the spring.

Hotrod likes this.
  9. DewChaser988

I don't even know, NASCAR also owns Sebring and a Miami Street Circuit was listed as an option on the Fan Council survey. NASCAR does a lot of head scratching things

10. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Sebring is almost 3 hours from Miami. Gatornationals is NOT the same weekend.

I don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be dude.

11. DewChaser988

It's still the same weekend as Ultra and the 12 Hours of Sebring though