The Attendance Thread

I go to Pocono pretty much every year and I have since 2007. Yesterday's crowd reminded me of about 07-08, it was about 85% full and Pocono hasn't removed a bunch of grandstands like other places have. So good to see, and hope it continues for them.

I guess Id give Atl and Loudon 50-60% full.

Going to be interesting to see what Atl. pulls in 2022.

At its tracks this year, its database shows that 30% of attendees are new, and new attendees are twice as likely as returning fans to be under age 35. Also, attendees under 35 are nearly twice as likely as the rest of NASCAR attendees to be Black or Hispanic.

For its camping sales, 41% of campers are new fans, compared with 27% in 2019.

That survey builds on a study done in February 2021, which indicated that fans who said they became NASCAR fans in the past three years were 22% Hispanic, 19% Black and 9% Asian, which is half of all new fans in that survey.

I am interested in seeing the turn out for the
Bristol nite race. That shoud be a good barometer
of the current economy and NASCAR popularity.

I am interested in seeing the turn out for the
Bristol nite race. That shoud be a good barometer
of the current economy and NASCAR popularity.
I'd say attendance will be high. Obviously coming off the lockdowns etc attendance is up a bit everywhere, but also it's not only the Bristol night race, but the only race on the real Bristol track this season.

I recall the available seating was around 50K. It looks like maybe 15K seated for the heats. I'm not sure why ticket holders would skip any part of a one-day event but maybe they'll stagger in for the main. I don't think an sudden increase in attendance for Pitbull would NASCAR very happy.

I'm only able to attend three or four entertainment events a year. For what they cost, I want to see every second and lap I paid for. Just me, I guess.
I’m guessing that the people that were there early were the actual die hard NASCAR fans and the stadium filled up with the casual fans or new fans for the main event.
A similar thing happened at Pocono last year when I went. The place was pretty full already at noon when the Xfinity race started but at least half the people on the property stayed out of the stands and out in the entertainment and shopping instead of coming up to watch the Xfinity race. It was 1/3 full when the Xfinity race started and about 80% full when the cup race started.

It does now. There were nowhere near that many for the heats. If you see replays of the prelims, check the early crowd.
Many of the television shots I saw of the crowd showed very few in attendance with noticeable ear protection or scanner headsets. I'm guessing it was a pretty novice crowd of first timers. More than likely just showed up for the main event. Just a guess.

Many of the television shots I saw of the crowd showed very few in attendance with noticeable ear protection or scanner headsets. I'm guessing it was a pretty novice crowd of first timers. More than likely just showed up for the main event. Just a guess.
What I noticed was very few fans were were any NASCAR apparel like driver shirts, caps or even general auto enthusiasts apparel. Maybe they didn't want to wear them so they didn't get dirty from flying track dust and rubber. It makes you wonder about future years after the novelty wears off.

What I noticed was very few fans were were any NASCAR apparel like driver shirts, caps or even general auto enthusiasts apparel. Maybe they didn't want to wear them so they didn't get dirty from flying track dust and rubber. It makes you wonder about future years after the novelty wears off.
Looks like they were working on it

It would be interesting to learn how much merch they sold overall. Some have said that is one of the reasons the stands were light during the heats. It sure looks like it.

It sure looks like there will be more stadium racing. One question on the fan council survey they asked what city would you like another one and they had about 40 cities to pick from lol. I picked at least 10 of them, I thought about picking them all lol.

It sure looks like there will be more stadium racing. One question on the fan council survey they asked what city would you like another one and they had about 40 cities to pick from lol. I picked at least 10 of them, I thought about picking them all lol.
Any noticeable inclusions or just a lost of big cities?

Attendance looked pretty good for the Duels. Too bad I’m reading how some fans hated the breakaways.

Back
Top Bottom