The changes have arrived.

If we're stuck with a Chase, I approve of the changes to it.

It's too early for me to pass judgement on the 'stages'. Let's see how they break a race down. Will the stages in a race all be the same number of laps? I'll see how they go at Atlanta and the West Coast swing before I harden my attitudes.

It's too early for me to pass judgement on the 'stages'. Let's see how they break a race down. Will the stages in a race all be the same number of laps? I'll see how they go at Atlanta and the West Coast swing before I harden my attitudes.
I'm going to have to ask you to stop thinking rationally.

its not as bad as i thought, but still confusing which is my main contention. I also think depending on when the stages are in the race, you're going to see alot of guys try to stretch fuel to the stage..

best thing about it is rewarding top 10 performance.

its not as bad as i thought, but still confusing which is my main contention. I also think depending on when the stages are in the race, you're going to see alot of guys try to stretch fuel to the stage..

best thing about it is rewarding top 10 performance.

I don't pay attention to points anyway. It'll make the racing better during the race though.

I don't hate it.

The 'good' IMO.....

They found a way to give me more green flag televised racing.

They worked their Caution Clock by rewarding those top 10 positions.

They're rewarding the regular season champion.

Points and wins matter.

The 'bad' IMO.....

We still have the Chase.

After 13 years, I'm already used to stating my hate for that so it is what it is. Overall I like what I heard today.

I like that the first 26 27 races now mean something , I am going to wait for the season to start before I say if I like or dislike this new format.

But I do like the idea behind it , to make every race, every lap matter.

I like it, going to take time and a calculator to figure out points, but I'll get used to it

Anecdotally I pray this improves my home track of Michigan. Instead of sitting there pretty much in a daze for 150 laps there's now some intrigue for the early laps of the race which is one of the great things dirt racing offers, heat races are usually tame but at times it can get pretty intense for position and this should be no different.

Plate races could be absolutely insane though as coasting won't be allowed anymore. Also the Talledega Fall nightmare of drivers basically coasting once they knew they had advanced will no longer be the case with a 35 race season and one game championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replaced by just "the playoffs" :XXROFL:

Sorry guys.

Here's what troubles me: why is Denny the only driver in a tie, and what's that junk on his face?

I think they said the first two will be 25-30% each and the final one will be 40-50%.

It looks like many are going for the pitchforks and torches before Dr. F.'s creature is even off the slab. Cripes, it's a sport, not national defense policy.

In truth Nascar hasn't been a sport for years. I am glad I have hockey, football.

So - If you gain bonus points at Daytona - Will those points carry to Phoenix in November, if needed? Or do bonus points reset following Richmond in September?

I like it, going to take time and a calculator to figure out points, but I'll get used to it

I will be watching races with my slide rule, abacus all while working on my pythagorean theorem.

"Chase" was always stupid and they said why during the conference. If somebody asks, "Whats the chase?", the answer is "our version of the playoffs". Okay well then why not cut the fat and just call it what it is.

A reasoned response to a legitimate complaint is sure to result in a contradictory complaint.

I thought you knew that.

For the first time in years, Daytona matters now all the way to Phoenix. Bonus points carry over. Isn't this better than before?

You're completely right, but NASCAR has some of the most stubborn people on the planet as fans, and even they paid you to be at the race people would say "Enough with the stupid gimmicks and change! I don't need an extra $500 from BRAIN France!! Just take my money like they did it in 1949, it's what we all want!".

The point is that cheesepuff dont care about ratings

Cheesepuffs is secretly Brian France

No, cheesepuffs is an open minded individual that doesn't subscribe to mouth-breathing hivemind mentality or the idea that us people who started watching in the 90s are somehow connected to the days on Ormond Beach when this was a "real sport" or that the cars "should just be stock again" because that would fix everything.

No, cheesepuffs is an open minded individual that doesn't subscribe to mouth-breathing hivemind mentality or the idea that us people who started watching in the 90s are somehow connected to the days on Ormond Beach when this was a "real sport" or that the cars "should just be stock again" because that would fix everything.
Do you have $100? Let's make a realistic wager.

Back
Top Bottom