The changes have arrived.

The worst situation in any corporate management is to have a bunch of Yes men and women.Some of our best ideas where I work came from people disagreeing with the company's decisions.
Absolutely as you don't want a bunch of contrarians but you absolutely want to have your people giving ideas and perspective as there are a lot of clever people who can streamline processes and procedures.
I guess I'm confused here..... Does this mean that Gluck is simply lying about his position on the topic? Gluck is not an employee of anyone.
Doesn't matter.

Presumably the vast majority of fans dislike this and other changes. Gluck likes it therefore he's a shill.

One would think that if he depends upon those same fans to fund his endeavor, he would be shilling for them. Maybe he's not very bright.

Doesn't matter.

Presumably the vast majority of fans dislike this and other changes. Gluck likes it therefore he's a shill.

One would think that if he depends upon those same fans to fund his endeavor, he would be shilling for them. Maybe he's not very bright.
I'm not saying that Gluck is a shill. His business is NASCAR. If NASCAR goes away, Gluck becomes extinct also. If you agree with his opinion then you can fund him via his Patreon account.

His opinions usually align with mine. Sometimes they don't.

If NASCAR goes away, all the scribes will become extinct ... including those that oppose the sanctioning body.

I have better uses for my hard earned money.

Doesn't matter.

IDK what Gluck said or did or who he is or isn't shilling for. I was just commenting that it is better to create an atmosphere in a company that encourages employees to speak up and offer ideas on how to improve things.

Why? In every other sport points are accumulated throughout the entire event. This will reward you on how you run and not only how you finish.
Stick and / or ball alert ;)
In every other sport, points are almost irrelevant once the game is over. Wins and losses are the only thing that count, unless they reach the 18th tie-breaker for playoff entry.

Yet another pointless comparison to other sports.

Still doesn't answer why can't we have points accumulate during the race I see absolutely nothing wrong with that and I think it's great because it rewards performance.

Doesn't matter cream will always rise to the top.
I have no problem with awarding points during the race. It's the unnecessary stoppages that frost my shorts.

Stick and / or ball alert ;)
In every other sport, points are almost irrelevant once the game is over. Wins and losses are the only thing that count, unless they reach the 18th tie-breaker for playoff entry.

Perspective. ....by the way how many jack stands have you seen out on pit road that you were complaining about?

2017 America

F***** negative about everything all the time would be 2017 america very apparent in this forum. Half the people on here piss and moan about almost everything and if you try to be positive they will piss and moan about positivity.

So however you want to see it but try to change your perspective and see that wins and losses basically equates to points accumulated think hockey....

So not a pointless comparison

Perspective. ....by the way how many jack stands have you seen out on pit road that you were complaining about?
I think you're mistaken. I wasn't complaining about jack stands. That might have been BobbyFord or Skoal. I remember pointing out there were already jack stands on pit road, so I didn't see how the new policy was more dangerous than the old one.

So however you want to see it but try to change your perspective and see that wins and losses basically equates to points accumulated think hockey....

So not a pointless comparison
I don't follow hockey, so I don't know that it has to do with this.

As to changing perspective, I have no problem with NASCAR's new points system. I do have a problem with comparisons to the points earned in a game in other sports.

I don't follow hockey, so I don't know that it has to do with this.

As to changing perspective, I have no problem with NASCAR's new points system. I do have a problem with comparisons to the points earned in a game in other sports.

So your being naive has nothing to do with how points accumulation works??? NO. Just because it's irrelevant to you doesn't mean its irrelevant period.

I think you're mistaken. I wasn't complaining about jack stands. That might have been BobbyFord or Skoal. I remember pointing out there were already jack stands on pit road, so I didn't see how the new policy was more dangerous than the old one.

I guess im mistaken i think it was bobbyford

So your being naive has nothing to do with how points accumulation works??? NO. Just because it's irrelevant to you doesn't mean its irrelevant period.
I didn't make myself clear. I was looking for information on what hockey scoring has to do with the subject at hand, not passing judgement on it. Once you or someone clarifies that, THEN I'll pass judgement.

I didn't make myself clear. I was looking for information on what hockey scoring has to do with the subject at hand, not passing judgement on it. Once you or someone clarifies that, THEN I'll pass judgement.

Cool.... so obviously just like NASCAR in the NHL there's a lot of different little intricacies that affect the outcome of a season but basically if you win a game you score 2 points if you lose a game you scored 0 points if you lose a game in overtime you still are awarded one point therefore it's not your record at the end of the season that exactly places you in the playoffs or your ranking in the playoffs it's your total Point accumulation.

Therefore due to my own personal assessment I can find a correlation between this particular scoring system we have now and for example the NHL. Now one can disagree with this that's fine and dandy this is my own personal opinion. Hence my original reaction to 17 gals Skittles racing dude that yes over the course of a season in other sports teams are awarded by performance not only by results.

In conclusion this is why I get so defensive when somebody immediately jumps to a negative reaction that this is different than stick and ball Sports I hope this helps you understand the correlation between the two even if you don't agree with it.

I kinda see where you're coming from. I think it's better than comparing NASCAR points to the points and season records in other sports. Not perfect, but better. The goals (points) a team makes during the match are still irrelevant at the end; points earned during a race definitely count toward playoff eligibility, and stage-winner bonus points count DURING the playoffs.

I kinda see where you're coming from. I think it's better than comparing NASCAR points to the points and season records in other sports. Not perfect, but better. The goals (points) a team makes during the match are still irrelevant at the end; points earned during a race definitely count toward playoff eligibility, and stage-winner bonus points count DURING the playoffs.

See what I really like about it though is it rewards performance and hopefully it'll get rid of a lot of this R&D crap that teams are doing throughout the regular season that makes them less competitive anytime you racing harder I think it's better for the sport

See what I really like about it though is it rewards performance and hopefully it'll get rid of a lot of this R&D crap that teams are doing throughout the regular season that makes them less competitive anytime you racing harder I think it's better for the sport
Nothing will kill R&D. It has always existed in racing, although in the past it was in less sophisticate (cheaper) forms. Practice itself is a form of R&D.

Nothing will kill R&D. It has always existed in racing, although in the past it was in less sophisticate (cheaper) forms. Practice itself is a form of R&D.

Ofcourse but It sure as hell helps the racing when things matter more

Back
Top Bottom