The Clash race thread..

They transferred 5 cars this year instead of 4. Too many cars on the track for the main...because sponsors probably.. No worries IMO about having it for a points race, 38 cars would be ridiculous. I think they have a hard decision to make about having a third race at the coliseum.

I suspect that while a lot of people may have hated Kyle for the last 15 years (me being one of them), a good many people (me also being one of them) think he got hosed by JGR last year and are more willing to re-evaluate him in a new car and team this season.

He showed some real vulnerability over JGR and loss of MARS at the end of last season and seemed really upset about it then. He looked pretty formidible in the 8 car during this race though and seemed to me that he hasn't lost any steps. If he's grown some over leaving JGR and can keep racing that way this year and without being the jerk he's been over the years, he may indeed have a positive career reset.
He didn’t get hosed. They know they have one a**hole in the 11, another that they’re certainly not going to do much to in the 54, and didn’t need another. The drivers in the 19 and 20 keep a nice balance so he went. They put up with his crap long enough I’m sure they felt. Maybe he will tone it down now that he realizes he’s expendable. I have my doubts.

I think they have a hard decision to make about having a third race at the coliseum.

They got 50,000 people to attend a race in downtown Los Angeles, just down the road from where the Grammy's were happening at the same time. They also got a lot of attention and press from the effort.

This seems like a very easy decision to me.

They got 50,000 people to attend a race in downtown Los Angeles, just down the road from where the Grammy's were happening at the same time. They also got a lot of attention and press from the effort.

As far as decisions go, there are many factors involved. For example, the ratings have way more influence than the number of people in the stands. This was prime time. Would less cars on the track make the race less caution riddled?

He didn’t get hosed. They know they have one a**hole in the 11, another that they’re certainly not going to do much to in the 54, and didn’t need another. The drivers in the 19 and 20 keep a nice balance so he went. They put up with his crap long enough I’m sure they felt. Maybe he will tone it down now that he realizes he’s expendable. I have my doubts.
Well, I guess we'll find out. Another thing the Clash showed me is that Austin Dillon is still clearly as big an a*hole this year as he's always been. It may be quite a spectacle seeing them paired together on the same team this year.

Reactions: sdj

I think the Grammys had no influence on the crowd that would or would not attend the race.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I see the number of official caution laps equals the number of incidents. I assume the yellow was officially shown on just the last lap before going back green. Any one know how many total laps there were that were run making laps during cleanups?

I think the Clash really gave us some good hints to short track racing this year. Now that the parts shortages are gone and the cars are out of their rookie year I expect some serious smash em, bash em out there at Bristol and Martinsville this season

We ya got in the Main? MY Toyotas are fast. I am thinking Truex.....but everything can happen.
I honestly wasn’t watching last night because I forgot the Clash was this weekend. Hopefully this isn’t a false dawn. ;)

The night aesthetic was better, the racing - both good and bad - was more entertaining than last year. It’s only natural a novelty event like this will lose some of its shine each year, and while I wouldn’t mind another year of this race with a bit fewer cars in the feature I think they should be thinking of other venues to take it to beyond 2024. It is a showcase event after all. Gotta keep it fresh.

I agree. Kind of.

Well, I guess we'll find out. Another thing the Clash showed me is that Austin Dillon is still clearly as big an a*hole this year as he's always been. It may be quite a spectacle seeing them paired together on the same team this year.
Laurel and Hardy will be cute together...with Richie playing the ring leader.

1. Hope we are done with the podium crap, this ain't F1.
2. That is enough of this clown show at the collusium .
3. Run the clash at Bristol, Martinsville, or Wilkesboro, (not Daytona), you will have a more harmonious result, a sell out and high TV rating for sure.
4. If you are going to have entertainment, have someone that you can understand what they are singing.

1. Hope we are done with the podium crap, this ain't F1.
2. That is enough of this clown show at the collusium .
3. Run the clash at Bristol, Martinsville, or Wilkesboro, (not Daytona), you will have a more harmonious result, a sell out and high TV rating for sure.
4. If you are going to have entertainment, have someone that you can understand what they are singing.
I’m not going to VA in February

I’m not going to VA in February

Well hell, lets run it at the 3/8 mile 4-17 in Punta Gorda, Fla :D :punkrocke or maybe New Smyrna Speedway 8 miles from Daytona Internation Speedway.

Track profile: New Smyrna Speedway

TrackNew Smyrna Speedway
LocationNew Smyrna Beach, Florida
Opened
1967​
LayoutOval
SurfaceAsphalt
LengthHalf-mile (600-foot straights; 720-foot turns)
Width60-foot straights; 70-foot turns
Banking23 degrees (turns)

Back
Top Bottom