The Cucumber Returns

2a8da516019fb002fdf95d373fe13300.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I can’t say why I cheered that, I was 14 at the time, had just finished up my first week of high school(crazy the things you remember and why) and just was very impressionable I guess. I thought it was so cool, I don’t know how I feel about it now as an almost 40 year old man. I think you used a good word, embarrassed. Embarrassed I liked it and probably still would maybe.
I was a huge fan of his and didn't like it. But honestly that was the most blatant wreck I recall him doing. Most were bumps to move someone if they didn't get out of the way. I felt bad for Labonte and his fans. He is a good dude.

I’ve been watching NASCAR since the mid 90’s and what AD did was chickensh**. NASCAR made the right call. We can’t have a driver right hooking another drivers for wins. I know it’s Richmond, but thank goodness Denny didn’t hit the wall head on and bounce back into traffic, probably would have taken out the #23 and #45 crossing the line. The bump on Joey, I’ve seen that so many times throughout the years, I really didn't really have a problem with that.

Beating the dead horse here, but it’s time to change the win and you’re in crap. No disrespect to Austin and RCR but just because you had one good race, you shouldn’t automatically be in the playoffs. Dude was 32nd in pts and hadn't lead a single lap before Sunday and to be in the playoffs just because of one win is crazy to me. The races at Atlanta, Daytona, and Dega are too random to have this kind of system. Hopefully they will change it in the off season.

I think they got everything right here. Pretty incredible, honestly. This was gonna be a serious inflection point either way and this is the right direction to go in.

Also said they’ve got work to do on post-race protocol in the pits, which is past due.

It seems to me they should have taken the win away too. Dumping Logano was bad but hooking Hamlin was egregious from where I sit. Just one idjits opinion as @Charlie Spencer would say!

If you want to maintain the integrity of the sport you can't consider those things when making this call. Well it's ok because they have a lot of people back at Welcome that need this extra money....get real

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I took the comments to mean that it wouldn’t hurt RC to lose a bunch of dough but it would hurt the guys in the shop. I don’t think the OP was saying there should be no penalties because it hurts everyone on the team.

Let's not overlook the spotter telling Dillon to "wreck him" several times. I think NASCAR could have let the contact slide. But the spotter's audio was very damming, and they couldn't overlook that.
Never happened. Iranian AI was used to inject a false narrative in the radio traffic. Or maybe Russian; I forget which conspiracy I'm believing this week.

Let's not overlook the spotter telling Dillon to "wreck him" several times. I think NASCAR could have let the contact slide. But the spotter's audio was very damming, and they couldn't overlook that.

Using his infant kid as a human shield during interviews also probably didn't go over well. If he got his ass beat by Hamlin and/or Logano maybe penalties would've been a bit reduced as well. The classic "you fight in my pits, you go to jail. You fight on my fronstretch, you get $100 extra".

That Netflix show made me like him.

He knows he's the sport's villain and he has embraced that role perfectly.
I hope the Netflix show is filming during the past week. That's going to be some good television

We are approaching the real Cucumber state with most people believing it is the correct term and not wanting to sound unlearnt enough to question the term.
It has been worth it all.

It seems to me they should have taken the win away too. Dumping Logano was bad but hooking Hamlin was egregious from where I sit. Just one idjits opinion as @Charlie Spencer would say!
If they had the fortitude to do that in the immediate aftermath I would’ve been okay with it, but I’m not big on changing the final result three days after the fact. I think the biggest issue was its application towards the playoff and they rectified that. I agree that, in the totality, it was about as egregious as we’ve seen in a long, long time.

Back
Top Bottom